Devialet Chat
Master/slave link - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet Expert 400/800, Original d'Atelier, Expert 210/440/1000 Pro (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Expert-400-800-Original-d-Atelier-Expert-210-440-1000-Pro)
+--- Thread: Master/slave link (/Thread-Master-slave-link)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Master/slave link - miro - 05-Jan-2015

(05-Jan-2015, 09:39)Confused Wrote:
(05-Jan-2015, 04:45)miro Wrote:
(18-Dec-2014, 12:59)Mohmm Wrote: I second this description. I received my Audioprana RCA - AES/EBU cable for my D800 a week ago and must say the AES input indeed does make a difference. That's not loads of difference, but a noticeable better resolution in listening sessions. Great thing!

How does one order an Audioprana RCA - AES/EBU cable?

How much does it cost?

Has anyone compared it with a regular AES/EBU cable combined with an RCA-to-AES/EBU adapter (e.g., the Neutrik NA2FPMM 3 pole XLR Male – RCA Plug http://www.neutrik.com/en/accessories/ci...rs/na2mpmm)?

You can send them an email (In English or French). They provide bank details, and a price including postage and packing etc. You then pay by bank transfer, and after a couple of weeks your cable should arrive. (Mine took almost three weeks, with about one week of that in transit from southern France to the UK)

It's a shame that they do not accept credit card or paypal, because international bank transfers can be fairly expensive relative to the relatively low cost of the items. I guess they must be a very small company.

Can you please post their email?

How much is the cable without the postage?

RE: Master/slave link - Confused - 05-Jan-2015

http://audioprana.free.fr/catalogue%20vente%20en%20ligne.htm

[email protected]

The cable I bought is now listed as Euro270

RE: Master/slave link - Mikeeo - 05-Jan-2015

Hi,

I did tests with RCA to AES/EBU with semi coupled (on the XLR side) 75 ohm cable and also with a 75/110 ohm transformer and to me there was no difference (between master and companion), however just using the AES/EBU input had welcome gains. I think the Audioprana cable used by Confused has a built in 75/110 ohm 'converter'.
In a way my own results from testing indicated that Thierry was right when he told me that the digital RCA output is not to std SPDIF 75 ohms anyway so using a 75 or 110 ohm cable does not matter as well as transformer, even if he recommended 110 ohm cable. He just concluded that AES/EBU is superior with its transformer driven input.
Still has to test with a 110 ohm cable which I will at some point.
The situation is though different when it comes to my streamer (Unitiserve) there I have a real 75 ohm output (BNC) and there I noticed a real effect from 75/110 ohm transformation ie same as without transformer but more analogue sound, less stressed performance, details, but specially better timing of the music.

/Mike

RE: Master/slave link - miro - 06-Jan-2015

(05-Jan-2015, 10:15)Confused Wrote: http://audioprana.free.fr/catalogue%20vente%20en%20ligne.htm

[email protected]

Is the cable this one:

Câble de symétrisation sortie source rca/spdif 75 Ohms vers entrée AES/EBU 110 Ohms (fiches bois précieux)

listed at 270 Euros?

RE: Master/slave link - Confused - 06-Jan-2015

(06-Jan-2015, 10:28)miro Wrote:
(05-Jan-2015, 10:15)Confused Wrote: http://audioprana.free.fr/catalogue%20vente%20en%20ligne.htm

[email protected]

Is the cable this one:

Câble de symétrisation sortie source rca/spdif 75 Ohms vers entrée AES/EBU 110 Ohms (fiches bois précieux)

listed at 270 Euros?

The one I referred to when I ordered the cable was Câble de symétrisation sortie source rca/spdif 75 Ohms vers entrée AES/EBU 110 Ohms. However, did make it clear in my correspondence to Audioprana that the cable was for use for connecting dual mono Devialet amplifiers via the SPDIF to AES/EBU method. The cable I received looks slightly different to the one on their website. (See picture earlier in this thread)

The receipt I received from Audioprana states “Cable numerique 75/110 Ag OCC cryo/coton “Signature” 0.7m”.

The email acknowlegement stated "- Cable Ag occ cryo RCA Ag(*) cryo/XLR NEUTRIK HE(*) cryo 75->110 Ohms /........260 €
(*) with body in precious wood"

Looks like the price has gone up Euro10. Must be demand from this forum!

RE: Master/slave link - thumb5 - 10-Jan-2015

(29-Dec-2014, 13:16)amabrok Wrote: Finally the Neutrik adapter XLR to RCA is here. As planned, will use it with my XLR van den Hul interconnect for my master / slave RCA-XLR link

Will work on a new configuration for my D400 and report back later

Quick question, if you don't mind: did you re-configure the master as well as the slave?   (I guess it should only be necessary to change the slave configuration.)  I'm hoping to have a play with this over the next few days since I now have an RCA-to-XLR adapter.

RE: Master/slave link - amabrok - 10-Jan-2015

(10-Jan-2015, 16:53)thumb5 Wrote:
(29-Dec-2014, 13:16)amabrok Wrote: Finally the Neutrik adapter XLR to RCA is here. As planned, will use it with my XLR van den Hul interconnect for my master / slave RCA-XLR link

Quick question, if you don't mind: did you re-configure the master as well as the slave?   (I guess it should only be necessary to change the slave configuration.)  I'm hoping to have a play with this over the next few days since I now have an RCA-to-XLR adapter.

I assumed that i have to change both configurations and did not try otherwise. And I still believe you have to update both master and slave config files, as there has to be a way to let the master know that the slave now is on the XLR link, again assuming that Devialet has some sort of an algorithm to manage the change from 75 to 110 Ohms 

RE: Master/slave link - Mikeeo - 10-Jan-2015

(10-Jan-2015, 18:08)amabrok Wrote:

I assumed that i have to change both configurations and did not try otherwise. And I still believe you have to update both master and slave config files, as there has to be a way to let the master know that the slave now is on the XLR link, again assuming that Devialet has some sort of an algorithm to manage the change from 75 to 110 Ohms 

Hi,

As reported elsewhere, the info from Dev (Thierry) there is none such, just 110 ohm transformer coupled input. I tried RCA to XLR 75 ohm cable one with a transformer (75/110 ohm) as  without, for me no difference.
Still have to try  with 110 ohm cable as Thierry suggested.

/Mike

RE: Master/slave link - miro - 10-Jan-2015

(10-Jan-2015, 18:08)amabrok Wrote:

Yes, changing both configuration files will be a safe bet.

RE: Master/slave link - thumb5 - 10-Jan-2015

I'll try changing both master and slave config, then diff the new master config against the old. Maybe that will shed light on whether it's configuring anything differently to go RCA-XLR rather than RCA-RCA (my bet, for what it's worth, is no).