Devialet Chat
Master/slave link - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet Expert 400/800, Original d'Atelier, Expert 210/440/1000 Pro (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Expert-400-800-Original-d-Atelier-Expert-210-440-1000-Pro)
+--- Thread: Master/slave link (/Thread-Master-slave-link)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Master/slave link - GuillaumeB - 31-Mar-2015

I must say I haven't heard of a single bad review of the Audioprana RCA/AES hybrid cable... seems like a real winner for the dual mono set up. And a great price too!

Would be great if we could get some more detailed listening notes from users out there.  Smile

Guillaume

RE: Master/slave link - Mikeeo - 31-Mar-2015

G et al,

I would say that connecting the mono units by the RCA-XLR set up is a winner compared to the RCA-RCA. As my own findings together with others with Audioprana and other cables seem to support this. My own experience from my diy RCA-XLR cable has been positive and now of late when running a construction from Cabledyne with even less latency which was a step to bring me back in stereo mode D200, channel coherence that is.
As I said, using the AES/EBU input on the companion is the main winner, then finding the right cable to reduce latency will of course complete everything.

More tests and experiences please!

/Mike

Master/slave link - amabrok - 01-Apr-2015

(31-Mar-2015, 19:29)miro Wrote:
(31-Mar-2015, 07:27)amabrok Wrote: Finally had time to plug in the Audioprana RCA to XLR silver cable in my D400 and I'm really impressed! Sound is cleaner and more relaxed and there is less Lag between the master and slave units.

Excellent initial impression and will of course do more critical listening but for now I'm happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it better than the Neutrik NA2MPMM adapter + an AES/EBU cable that you used before?
Which AES/EBU cable was that?

My preliminary impression is yes. It seems to be better that a full XLR cable with the neutrik adapter

(31-Mar-2015, 19:32)miro Wrote:
(31-Mar-2015, 07:27)amabrok Wrote: Finally had time to plug in the Audioprana RCA to XLR silver cable in my D400 and I'm really impressed! Sound is cleaner and more relaxed and there is less Lag between the master and slave units.

Excellent initial impression and will of course do more critical listening but for now I'm happy.

BTW, did you upgrade the firmware on master and slave with the version from Dec 23, 2014 before you compared the old and the new cables? Which one are you comparing with?

And no I did not attempt to upgrade to the Dec 23, 2014 firmware version. So my comparison is apples to apples.

Actually I do not trust to do any firmware upgrade now considering all the swarming bugs! I know the current issues that I currently have and I have kind of adapted with them.

RE: Master/slave link - miro - 01-Apr-2015

(01-Apr-2015, 06:46)amabrok Wrote:

BTW, did you upgrade the firmware on master and slave with the version from Dec 23, 2014 before you compared the old and the new cables? Which one are you comparing with?

And no I did not attempt to upgrade to the Dec  23, 2014 firmware version. So my comparison is apples to apples.

Actually I do not trust to do any firmware upgrade now considering all the swarming bugs! I know the current issues that I currently have and I have kind of adapted with them.

What bugs?

There was a significant improvement in synchronization between master and slave units after I updated the firmware on both with the Dec 23, 2014 version.

So, if you are using the previous version, results are definitely suboptimal, and are not meaningful.

(01-Apr-2015, 07:49)miro Wrote:

And no I did not attempt to upgrade to the Dec  23, 2014 firmware version. So my comparison is apples to apples.

What bugs?

There was a significant improvement in synchronization between master and slave units after I updated the firmware on both with the Dec 23, 2014 version.

So, if you are using the previous version, results are definitely suboptimal, and are not meaningful.

So do you strongly recommend upgrading to Dec 23, 2014 firmware?

And on top of the observed better synchronization between master and slave did you notice any additional stability for the online configurator?

RE: Master/slave link - Mikeeo - 01-Apr-2015

(01-Apr-2015, 07:49)miro Wrote: "What bugs?

There was a significant improvement in synchronization between master and slave units after I updated the firmware on both with the Dec 23, 2014 version."

Miro, what version did you have before that?

I have the 7.1.1 from July/August and feel that same as Amabrok, wise of the history of sw bugs. I've decided to sit the 'December' version out and wait for the alleged 'May' release of 8.x.x!

Your answer with regards your previous version appreciated/Mike

(01-Apr-2015, 08:02)amabrok Wrote:
(01-Apr-2015, 07:49)miro Wrote:

What bugs?

So do you strongly recommend upgrading to Dec 23, 2014 firmware?

And on top of the observed better synchronization between master and slave did you notice any additional stability for the online configurator?

Yes, I strongly recommend upgrading to Dec 23, 2014 firmware.
I do not know how to notice improved stability. There were no negative side effects. Only improved synchronization between master and slave, and stronger, more coherent stereo sound.

(01-Apr-2015, 10:04)Mikeeo Wrote:

There was a significant improvement in synchronization between master and slave units after I updated the firmware on both with the Dec 23, 2014 version."

I have the 7.1.1 from July/August and feel that same as Amabrok, wise of the history of sw bugs. I've decided to sit the 'December' version out and wait for the alleged 'May' release of 8.x.x!

I had 7.1.1, but it was from before Dec 23, 2014.

I bought both of my units at the same time in early December last year.

RE: Master/slave link - Mikeeo - 01-Apr-2015

(01-Apr-2015, 15:39)miro Wrote:
(01-Apr-2015, 10:04)Mikeeo Wrote:

I had 7.1.1, but it was from before Dec 23, 2014.

I bought both of my units at the same time in early December last year.

OK, thanks Miro, then I will do the same... will report back next week as I am on vacation right now.

/Mike