Devialet Chat
Remote control problem - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Support Desk (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Support-Desk)
+--- Thread: Remote control problem (/Thread-Remote-control-problem)

Pages: 1 2

Remote control problem - Mikeeo - 18-Aug-2015

Hi,

A  problem occurred today when I tried to lower the volume ie turn the big knob anti-clockwise, no response. So now my control only works when turning clockwise. For volume control I am fine with the Dev app but other funktions now suffer like balance that I just managed to get back to '0' after playing with adjustments before I lost all response.

Anyone else? Dirt, dust other and why only anti-clockwise?

Probably will open up to see what is wrong!

/Mike

RE: Remote control problem - thumb5 - 18-Aug-2015

Might be worth trying to take the battery out, leave it overnight, and then try again?

RE: Remote control problem - Mikeeo - 18-Aug-2015

(18-Aug-2015, 22:32)thumb5 Wrote: Might be worth trying to take the battery out, leave it overnight, and then try again?

Thanks for the pointer! I changed for new batteries but not better however I'll try your suggestion.

Thanks/Mike

RE: Remote control problem - Damon - 18-Aug-2015

I did have my remote fail. The effect of the volume knob became erratic, sometimes changing the volume and sometimes not, or only a little or making inconsistent changes. The rotational feel also became 'gritty' as if there was sand in the mechanism. Changing batteries did not affect it. I took it back to my dealer, who immediately pronounced it faulty, and gave me another.

All is well now. I did have to edit the configuration to show 2 remotes rather than one. The the new remote paired promptly, just as the Devialet website advised.

RE: Remote control problem - Mikeeo - 18-Aug-2015

(18-Aug-2015, 22:53)Damon Wrote: I did have my remote fail. The effect of the volume knob became erratic, sometimes changing the volume and sometimes not, or only a little or making inconsistent changes. The rotational feel also became 'gritty' as if there was sand in the mechanism. Changing batteries did not affect it. I took it back to my dealer, who immediately pronounced it faulty, and gave me another.

All is well now. I did have to edit the configuration to show 2 remotes rather than one. The the new remote paired promptly, just as the Devialet website advised.

OK Damon, exactly the same with mine. Back to dealer I guess!

/M

RE: Remote control problem - hk6230 - 19-Aug-2015

Mine, too. I will check with local Devialet and see if I can claim warranty on it.

RE: Remote control problem - JohnnySix - 20-Aug-2015

My remote was erratic right from the start, only responding to larger turns. Always meant to take it back to Oxford Audio, but never got round to it. Eventually I just took it apart and cleaned the track & rollers, and it was fixed.
This was very easy to do - no hazardous screws or delicate seals!

RE: Remote control problem - Mikeeo - 20-Aug-2015

(20-Aug-2015, 13:08)JohnnySix Wrote: My remote was erratic right from the start, only responding to larger turns. Always meant to take it back to Oxford Audio, but never got round to it. Eventually I just took it apart and cleaned the track & rollers, and it was fixed.

Hi JohnnySix,

Many thanks for this input! I will do this as well as it sounds very straight forward!

/Mike

Remote control problem - Magagne - 16-Sep-2015

(20-Aug-2015, 13:08)JohnnySix Wrote: My remote was erratic right from the start, only responding to larger turns. Always meant to take it back to Oxford Audio, but never got round to it. Eventually I just took it apart and cleaned the track & rollers, and it was fixed.

What is the procedure exactly please? Pull up the wheel? Or you need to unmount bottom first, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Remote control problem - JohnnySix - 17-Sep-2015

The screws are under the four rubber feet. No need to take apart the top section or the wheel.