Devialet Chat
New Speakers - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Speakers (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Speakers)
+--- Thread: New Speakers (/Thread-New-Speakers)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: New Speakers - Womaz - 12-Jan-2016

(12-Jan-2016, 14:07)Robert Wrote: The Olympicas are more natural sounding. But if your not entirely happy with them I would audition some alternatives, like Beonicke W8's or Raidho X1's/C1.1's. Also Adam Audio might be worth checking out or Audio Physics.

If I can tame the bass in my room I will be delighted with them, as I love the smooth sound. Very difficult for me to audition up here so I keep my options short.
I do feel I should hear the PMC26 though as they may have a very similar sound to the 23s I have. I guess it depends on how the next few days go.

I must admit a part of me is wondering if I should be making all these adjustments , like Sam at 0% and taking 2db off the bass, just to accommodate a speaker in my room. However I do feel the speaker position is the problem and if I want a bigger fuller sound then would have to do it for most speakers I guess

RE: New Speakers - AaronG - 12-Jan-2016

If you get a chance to listen to them the Gauder line is incredible. I bought a pair of Gauder 40s and I was really shocked by how good they sounded. They are also SAM-ed although I haven't checked on the floor standers. They seem to me one of the best buys in high end.

RE: New Speakers - Confused - 12-Jan-2016

Who is your dealer Steve? I was just wondering what they actually stock or can get. Obviously auditioning every possible option is a little tricky!

It is tricky and to complicate matters even more for me I am not sure it is worth it as a home demo is essential due to my room. I therefore have to narrow it down and go from there

(12-Jan-2016, 14:40)AaronG Wrote: If you get a chance to listen to them the Gauder line is incredible. I bought a pair of Gauder 40s and I was really shocked by how good they sounded.  They are also SAM-ed although I haven't checked on the floor standers. They seem to me one of the best buys in high end.

I will have a look but I would imagine impossible for me to home demo, thanks for the post though

RE: New Speakers - Robert - 12-Jan-2016

(12-Jan-2016, 14:40)AaronG Wrote: If you get a chance to listen to them the Gauder line is incredible. I bought a pair of Gauder 40s and I was really shocked by how good they sounded.  They are also SAM-ed although I haven't checked on the floor standers. They seem to me one of the best buys in high end.

Similar diamond/ceramic drivers as Sweden's Marten I believe, which has also had good reviews.

RE: New Speakers - Robert - 12-Jan-2016

Aaron, are you in the UK? Not many dealers here for Gauders. The importer, Fi, is up in Scotland and I'm in the South. So haven't had a chance to hear them.

How much are the 40's?

New Speakers - Elztalbiker - 12-Jan-2016

Gauder Arcona 40 - pair 2000 €

Sent by iPad

RE: New Speakers - AaronG - 13-Jan-2016

I'm in the US. I bought a pair of blemished demos cheap(ish) and unheard. The quality of the sound shocked me. I've not heard anything comparable for anywhere near the price. The treble is pretty perfect and the bass goes down to an honest 40 and is extremely articulate (apparently 17 with SAM, although I can't say I believe that). The midrange is also super articulate. I loaned them to my brother when I got the Grimms, but for monitors near the price I haven't heard better (and I've owned Harbeth, Spendor, etc. etc.). If you get a chance to hear them I'd love to hear your thoughts.

RE: New Speakers - Womaz - 14-Jan-2016

Ok a few more days in and starting to really enjoy the Olympicas, such a full lovely sound.
To tame the bass in my room SAM set to zero and bass at -2db

Should I be doing this to try and accommodate a new speaker?