Devialet Chat
New Speakers - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Speakers (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Speakers)
+--- Thread: New Speakers (/Thread-New-Speakers)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: New Speakers - Womaz - 26-Jan-2016

Still waiting to get the 26s on home demo but the Olympicas are really really good now. They are so smooth with all types of music. They may lack a bit of accuracy that the PMCs have but I am starting to wonder if that really matters. They certainly seem more forgiving to me. The treble is so sweet it's becoming a bit addictive.
Black Uhuru - Guess who's coming to dinner on tonight and it sounds so sweet. Just so enjoyable.

RE: New Speakers - Hifi_swlon - 10-Feb-2016

You left us on tenterhooks Womaz!

Any updates?! Wink

RE: New Speakers - Womaz - 10-Feb-2016

The PMCs arrive on Friday so there has been nothing to update .....other than I am loving the SFs.
Will be interesting to see how I feel when I put the PMCs in. I will of course report back

RE: New Speakers - MusicLover - 12-Feb-2016

(10-Feb-2016, 23:53)Womaz Wrote: The PMCs arrive on Friday so there has been nothing to update .....other than I am loving the SFs.
Will be interesting to see how I feel when I put the PMCs in. I will of course report back

Looking forward to your first impressions! Are the PMCs mature? Or just out of the box for you to try?

RE: New Speakers - Womaz - 12-Feb-2016

They are a demo pair so I am assuming mature. Not getting them till next Friday now.
My gut feeling is the Olympicas will win for me. I think they just offer the less clinical sound I enjoy.
We will see .......looking forward to comparing them though

Just to add I out my 23s back in last night and I was taken aback at how poor they sound. Obviously with. 3 weeks of the Olympicas I have been spoilt.
Also goes to show my A/B testing a few weeks ago did no good as I did not think the Olmpicas were that big a step up. Wow I now know different

(12-Feb-2016, 22:53)Womaz Wrote: They are a demo pair so I am assuming mature. Not getting them till next Friday now.
My gut feeling is the Olympicas will win for me. I think they just offer the less clinical sound I enjoy.
We will see .......looking forward to comparing them though

Definitely something to look forward to by the end of next week. Is your daughter enjoying the Olympicas as much as you are?

Second opinions are always worth paying attention to I think, especially if you trust that someone else's ears! In my case my musician/musicologist girlfriend (lucky me, I know Tongue ) helped me a lot when deciding.

My daughter preferred the Olympicas straight away compared to the 23s. She likes bass as all the youngsters do and the SFs just have more clout in this area. A much fuller bass. I struggled with this initially .........but she loved them straight away.

Haha, I bet she did! But what you said before about the treble is 100% my observation, it's really really addictive.

Have you tried Zhao Cong's "Moon Light on Spring River" song? Or David Grisman's "Traversata" album? Not really my thing but they are very nice test material, might give you some goosebumps! Smile

No streaming services available on the Melco I am afraid, I might have a try on Spotify in the morning though, thanks
The treble really is excellent , these speakers are so SMOOTH