Devialet Chat
New Speakers - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Speakers (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Speakers)
+--- Thread: New Speakers (/Thread-New-Speakers)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: New Speakers - Confused - 12-Feb-2016

(12-Feb-2016, 22:55)Womaz Wrote: Just to add I out my 23s back in last night and I was taken aback at how poor they sound. Obviously with.  3 weeks of the Olympicas I have been spoilt.
Also goes to show my A/B testing a few weeks ago did no good as I did not think the Olmpicas were that big a step up. Wow I now know different

An interesting comment.  There have been a few times for me that I've tried something new, thought the improvement was small, then gone back and wow!  Big change going back.  I'd always assumed this is because I've gone slightly mad, but I've seen similar comments a few times over the last few months.

RE: New Speakers - Womaz - 12-Feb-2016

(12-Feb-2016, 23:21)Confused Wrote:
(12-Feb-2016, 22:55)Womaz Wrote: Just to add I out my 23s back in last night and I was taken aback at how poor they sound. Obviously with.  3 weeks of the Olympicas I have been spoilt.
Also goes to show my A/B testing a few weeks ago did no good as I did not think the Olmpicas were that big a step up. Wow I now know different

An interesting comment.  There have been a few times for me that I've tried something new, thought the improvement was small, then gone back and wow!  Big change going back.  I'd always assumed this is because I've gone slightly mad, but I've seen similar comments a few times over the last few months.

Yes I don't think I am very good at A/B comparisons. I feel under too much pressure to hear a difference :-)
I was genuinely shocked that the 23s sounded so boxy and dull . Never would have called them dull in the past. For me I think I have to do a longer listen .......like weeks :-)

RE: New Speakers - MusicLover - 12-Feb-2016

(12-Feb-2016, 23:26)Womaz Wrote:
(12-Feb-2016, 23:21)Confused Wrote:

Yes I don't think I am very good at A/B comparisons. I feel under too much pressure to hear a difference :-)
I was genuinely shocked that the 23s sounded so boxy and dull . Never would have called them dull in the past. For me I think I have to do a longer listen .......like weeks :-)

I agree with you guys, don't forget hearing (the ears) and psychoacoustics, especially the later, are such a complex/variable subject that even significant changes may take quite long to notice or better to say, accomodate? I say this because your mood, freshness/tiredness level, amount of Rioja wine... all vary from day to day (especially the Rioja...)

I haven't done much A/B testing at home except with speaker positioning, but I always try to give changes (one at a time) a few days before experimenting further.

RE: New Speakers - Womaz - 16-Feb-2016

The 26s have arrived.
A big imposing speaker and I like the look of them.
First impressions - a tad bright maybe , but an even bigger fuller sound than the Olympicas maybe

Listening session tonight so I will report back here

RE: New Speakers - samurai7595 - 16-Feb-2016

Cool, please keep us updated.

A picture would be nice too.

It says the file is too large and I have no idea how to reduce this ....sorry Angel

RE: New Speakers - egg1dog - 16-Feb-2016

(16-Feb-2016, 21:16)Womaz Wrote: It says the file is too large and I have no idea how to reduce this ....sorry  Angel

Hi Womaz, I had this problem too. I uploaded my picture to photobucket and then used the share option on there which lets you copy and paste your photo. Worked for me.

Well a few hours listening now and this could be a difficult choice

The 26s are also excellent and a massive step up from the 23s. My first impression was that some of the brightness was back but not sure that's the case after a few more hours.
The treble on the 26s is a massive improvement on the 23s so that's a really nice surprise.
I think the bass is tighter and works better in my room that the SFs , maybe it's the front porting ...not sure. But I definitely like the bass more.
The 26s don't have the sweet smooth sound of the SFs though, and I am definitely missing that right

I will of course listen more.

RE: New Speakers - Pim - 17-Feb-2016

I remember your 'brightness' thread Womaz. There's always going to be that nagging feeling when you've made your choice; 'I like the smoothness but am missing something' versus 'It's all there but a bit in my face and fatiguing'

Another thing to keep in mind; a change is as good as a holiday so in this case, the last change you made might make you think 'This is it!', but when you go back you might change your mind again... Tough one.

This reminds me of buying a car for my wife. I had seen a Toyota Echo in light blue and really liked it. I told her about it and we went to a dealer. She saw the light blue first and loved it. Then she saw a red one and liked that more. Long story short; after three dealers visited she chose the very last colour in the range...

Hope this doesn't mess with your mind (probably does) Tongue

RE: New Speakers - Womaz - 17-Feb-2016

Not any more than it already is :-)