Devialet Chat
New product launch? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: New product launch? (/Thread-New-product-launch)

RE: New product launch? - hk6230 - 14-Jun-2016

OdA though can be upgraded to 1000+ but the hardware version will not be upgraded from 5.5 to 6.0. I wonder what will be the difference. Now I just have to wait for the formal announcement before deciding on OdA or 1000+.

RE: New product launch? - GuillaumeB - 14-Jun-2016

(14-Jun-2016, 09:16)hk6230 Wrote: OdA though can be upgraded to 1000+ but the hardware version will not be upgraded from 5.5 to 6.0. I wonder what will be the difference. Now I just have to wait for the formal announcement before deciding on OdA or 1000+.

5.5? What is this?

My understanding is that there will be both a software and hardware upgrade, but I don't have specific details.

Guillaume

New product launch? - nicoludio - 14-Jun-2016

Conflicting information again - divide and conquer - although I hope that will not be the case.

OdA is supposed to be v5.5 hardware platform, more advanced than the v5 of the 800.

v6.0 will be an upgrade of v5.5 plus what alphafox mentioned earlier.

Don't see why they can't just replace the OdA internals with that of the 1000 and keep the rose gold case.

New product launch? - nicoludio - 14-Jun-2016

(14-Jun-2016, 09:16)hk6230 Wrote: OdA though can be upgraded to 1000+ but the hardware version will not be upgraded from 5.5 to 6.0. I wonder what will be the difference. Now I just have to wait for the formal announcement before deciding on OdA or 1000+.

hk, you are looking to fatt fatt ?

RE: New product launch? - IanG-UK - 14-Jun-2016

(14-Jun-2016, 10:49)nicoludio Wrote: Conflicting information again - divide and conquer - although I hope that will not be the case.

OdA is supposed to be v5.5 hardware platform, more advanced than the v5 of the 800.

v6.0 will be an upgrade of v5.5 plus what alphafox mentioned earlier.

Don't see why they can't just replace the OdA internals with that of the 1000 and keep the rose gold case.

That is what will happen - can you imagine the opposite in their premium product?

RE: New product launch? - bernardl - 14-Jun-2016

Devialet doesn't have a distributor in Japan anymore, upgrading will be a pia...

I'll most probably devote the cash to something else this time around.

cheers,
Bernard

RE: New product launch? - G51 - 14-Jun-2016

An upgrade or a chance to choose upgrade or not should be very enjoyable except it is Devialet's PR who makes the arrangement.

RE: New product launch? - Umetaro - 14-Jun-2016

(14-Jun-2016, 12:41)bernardl Wrote: Devialet doesn't have a distributor in Japan anymore, upgrading will be a pia...

I'll most probably devote the cash to something else this time around.

cheers,
Bernard

Bernard - I guess it is cheaper to send the amp directly to Devialet than to have it upgraded in Japan by Stella.  The last time I upgraded from D-Premier to D250, there was a bid difference between Euro price and JPY price.

RE: New product launch? - bernardl - 14-Jun-2016

True, the D250 upgrade in Japan was a total rip off, but Stella isn't importer any longer anyway.

You are right that shipping may end up being a better option, but it isn't convenient.

Cheers,
Bernard

RE: New product launch? - iamwappie - 14-Jun-2016

(14-Jun-2016, 15:00)bernardl Wrote: True, the D250 upgrade in Japan was a total rip off, but Stella isn't importer any longer anyway.

You are right that shipping may end up being a better option, but it isn't convenient.

Cheers,
Bernard

Whos in general does the upgrades? Devialet in France or the distributor?