Devialet Chat
AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: AIR 3 Beta for Mac (/Thread-AIR-3-Beta-for-Mac)

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Jnan_devi - 12-May-2016

(12-May-2016, 16:52)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(12-May-2016, 16:07)Jnan_devi Wrote: Streaming 192kHz/24bits via Roon + AIR 3, observed tiny pauses. Then I went to other room where my MacBook was, and wanted to increase delay on AIR. Instead brought my MacBook and kept next to Dev and Airport-AE.

Played flawlessly again. Blame it on wifi issues. No change in AIR delay - It's at 500msec

Bottom line 192kHz/24bits - Ckecked and no drops. I don't have DSD to try so this is it. I'm done now for now.

Nice work Jnan - very thorough!

I'm not suggesting you do it for the purposes of testing AIR, but if you ever need DSD files to try, there are some freely available at the 2L site in the 'testbench'. http://www.2l.no/hires/

Sure! But i am yet to do some critical listening for SQ check. What I m still not sure if its good/better than USB (MacBook to Dev - Roon). For now its simple low volume runs, good enough to catch any blips/noise. Roon on radio mode.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - viriato0811 - 12-May-2016

(12-May-2016, 17:57)Jnan_devi Wrote:
(12-May-2016, 16:52)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(12-May-2016, 16:07)Jnan_devi Wrote: Streaming 192kHz/24bits via Roon + AIR 3, observed tiny pauses. Then I went to other room where my MacBook was, and wanted to increase delay on AIR. Instead brought my MacBook and kept next to Dev and Airport-AE.

Played flawlessly again. Blame it on wifi issues. No change in AIR delay - It's at 500msec

Bottom line 192kHz/24bits - Ckecked and no drops. I don't have DSD to try so this is it. I'm done now for now.

Nice work Jnan - very thorough!

I'm not suggesting you do it for the purposes of testing AIR, but if you ever need DSD files to try, there are some freely available at the 2L site in the 'testbench'. http://www.2l.no/hires/

Sure! But i am yet to do some critical listening for SQ check. What I m still not sure if its good/better than USB (MacBook to Dev - Roon). For now its simple low volume runs, good enough to catch any blips/noise. Roon on radio mode.

Wow!! it really works this time... even using Roon. A couple of 24/96 discs with no issues. One 24/192 disc played without any issues and an extremely good SQ.

Kudos to Devialet. Happy to start getting now what I paid for almost 6 months ago.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - GuillaumeB - 12-May-2016

I had a few issues earlier with Audirvana Plus 1.5.12. Basically it was getting stuck between tracks of different bitrates.

Unticked the Direct and Integer modes and bingo! All works perfectly!

Can't fault the sound quality. Had it been this good a few years ago I probably would never have bothered with the additional streamer boxes and built my system around AIR.

Guillaume

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Cylob - 12-May-2016

(12-May-2016, 19:37)GuillaumeB Wrote: Had it been this good a few years ago I probably would never have bothered with the additional streamer boxes and built my system around AIR.

Such a shame it took this long. Send Devialet the bill I'd say. Wink
Happy though for all the Mac-ers that it finally seems to work.
Have fun all! Well deserved...

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - blair.athol - 12-May-2016

(12-May-2016, 19:37)GuillaumeB Wrote: I had a few issues earlier with Audirvana Plus 1.5.12. Basically it was getting stuck between tracks of different bitrates.

Can't fault the sound quality. Had it been this good a few years ago I probably would never have bothered with the additional streamer boxes and built my system around AIR.

Guillaume

Itunes and Air worked for me before already but now I am streaming with Audirvana 2.5 and Even with Roon for the first time without any issues and just great sound, just perfect. I also unticked direct and integer modes in roon roon settings. Seems this is taken over by Air. The sample rate displayed on my Dev200 is exactly what I am streaming from my Mac.
I love it!

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - eag - 12-May-2016

Sorry GuillaumeB - but it does NOT work for all the mac-ers. I tried it again today, computer hanging, went out for a few hours, computer in black when I got back. No other software has ever caused my macbook pro to go in black like this - over and over again. Frustrated and disappointed yes. Someone here has suggested Roon in combination with Air3 to be the problem, I don’t know - all I know is that my Devialet D200 does not work in combination with my favourite piece of software (Roon) - AIR continues to malfunction for a number of users and its really frustrating. I love everything else about the D-200 and I had almost forgotten how frustrating Air has been in the past - now I just regret I got my hopes up for a short time. Luckily USB works beautifully. Keith Jarret type of Silence is what I need now. I am happy for everyone that got Air3 to work, but it does not work for all.
(OSX10.9.5, 2,3 GhZ Intel Core i7 Macbook Pro, Airport Time Capsule, Air Ethernet, D200)

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - blair.athol - 12-May-2016

(12-May-2016, 22:06)eag Wrote: Sorry GuillaumeB - but it does NOT work for all the mac-ers. I tried it again today, computer hanging, went out for a few hours, computer in black when I got back. No other software has ever caused my macbook pro to go in black like this - over and over again. Frustrated and disappointed yes. Someone here has suggested Roon in combination with Air3 to be the problem, I don’t know - all I know is that my Devialet D200 does not work in combination with my favourite piece of software (Roon) - AIR continues to malfunction for a number of users and its  really frustrating. I love everything else about the D-200 and I had almost forgotten how frustrating Air has been in the past - now I just regret I got my hopes up for a short time. Luckily USB works beautifully. Keith Jarret type of Silence is what I need now. I am happy for everyone that got Air3 to work, but it does not work for all.
(OSX10.9.5, 2,3 GhZ Intel Core i7 Macbook Pro, Airport Time Capsule, Air Ethernet, D200)

Hi Eag, what are your exact settings?

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - eag - 12-May-2016

(12-May-2016, 22:12)blair.athol Wrote:
(12-May-2016, 22:06)eag Wrote: Sorry GuillaumeB - but it does NOT work for all the mac-ers. I tried it again today, computer hanging, went out for a few hours, computer in black when I got back. No other software has ever caused my macbook pro to go in black like this - over and over again. Frustrated and disappointed yes. Someone here has suggested Roon in combination with Air3 to be the problem, I don’t know - all I know is that my Devialet D200 does not work in combination with my favourite piece of software (Roon) - AIR continues to malfunction for a number of users and its  really frustrating. I love everything else about the D-200 and I had almost forgotten how frustrating Air has been in the past - now I just regret I got my hopes up for a short time. Luckily USB works beautifully. Keith Jarret type of Silence is what I need now. I am happy for everyone that got Air3 to work, but it does not work for all.

Hi Eag, what are your exact settings?
Hi Blair, here are my settings: Air target device buffer: 2000ms. Roon all default I think: Use core audio mixer, Resync delay 0 ms, Use exclusive mode disabled, PCM disabled, PCM disabled.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - PhilP - 12-May-2016

(12-May-2016, 19:37)GuillaumeB Wrote: I had a few issues earlier with Audirvana Plus 1.5.12. Basically it was getting stuck between tracks of different bitrates.

Guillaume

Hi Guillaume, your comments are really very encouraging and are making me think about finally replacing my 8 year old (but 100% stable with AIR2) iMac.

Please could you specify the Mac model and OSX version that you are using.

Any thoughts on the pros and cons of using MacBook AIR versus MacBook Pro? Thanks.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - GuillaumeB - 12-May-2016

(12-May-2016, 22:39)PhilP Wrote:

Guillaume

Hi Guillaume, your comments are really very encouraging and are making me think about finally replacing my 8 year old (but 100% stable with AIR2) iMac.

Please could you specify the Mac model and OSX version that you are using.

Any thoughts on the pros and cons of using MacBook AIR versus MacBook Pro? Thanks.
Hi Phil here's a snapshot of my system:

I don't really have a view re which model to use tbh, sorry. My MacBook Air seems to work well. 
On the other hand I don't really have any experience with AIR 2 so can't be sure that it will sound much better than what you already have. I suspect it will but I haven't tested this myself. 
Guillaume