Devialet Chat
AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: AIR 3 Beta for Mac (/Thread-AIR-3-Beta-for-Mac)

AIR 3 Beta for Mac - adexx69 - 17-May-2016

Hi SQ on air3 is fantastic. I never had technical issues with Air2, no white noise no dropouts. Air3 is freezing when I am changing albums on Roon. Settings .1ms/500ms and all check boxes ticked. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Mr_Bill - 17-May-2016

A longer delay cleared up my problems last night in a jiffee.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - blair.athol - 17-May-2016

(17-May-2016, 23:04)Mr_Bill Wrote: A longer delay cleared up my problems last night in a jiffee.

sorry for being non native american, what's a jiffee?

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - avta - 17-May-2016

Jiffy means quickly.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - blair.athol - 17-May-2016

(17-May-2016, 23:34)avta Wrote: Jiffy means quickly.

ah I see, a long delay solved it quickly  Cool

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - johnsap - 18-May-2016

I would encourage everyone to share experience and problems with Devialet so they can take our experience into consideration and improve.

I have mixing experience with Air and Roon..

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Wdw - 18-May-2016

I am convinced that Air3 is superior to my Aries but would to love to hear from any Aurender owners who may be interested in posting their comparisons.
Cheers,
wdw

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Jnan_devi - 18-May-2016

(17-May-2016, 22:13)adexx69 Wrote: Hi SQ on air3 is fantastic. I never had technical issues with Air2, no white noise no dropouts. Air3 is freezing when I am changing albums on Roon. Settings .1ms/500ms and all check boxes ticked. Any ideas?

Simply increase AIR3 delay to 1sec and see if it helps. Few have used 2sec.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Christopher W. - 18-May-2016

I would love to give a comparison from my Aurender N10 to Air3 but I still cannot get the General Setting to open up in Air3 Settings.  I click and nothing happens.  Devialet says it is beta...try reinstall....nothing else.  I did the reinstall and still nothing.   Huh

I have MacBook Pro Retina (2012) running OSX Yosemite.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - blair.athol - 18-May-2016

(18-May-2016, 04:21)Christopher W. Wrote: I would love to give a comparison from my Aurender N10 to Air3 but I still cannot get the General Setting to open up in Air3 Settings.  I click and nothing happens.  Devialet says it is beta...try reinstall....nothing else.  I did the reinstall and still nothing.   Huh

I have MacBook Pro Retina (2012) running OSX Yosemite.

Indeed, it seems there is not much which you can or need to setup in the beta version. At least it should be possible for you to unlock advanced settings and to select the target buffer size of e.g. 1000ms. Also you should be able to selct Wifi or ETH below the General Settings. When you do so, you should be able to check the strentgh of your Wifi connection. In my setting the Wifi signal is -27 dBm and shows 5 bars. Its also possible to decide to always or never stream automatically to the selected device.