Devialet Chat
AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: AIR 3 Beta for Mac (/Thread-AIR-3-Beta-for-Mac)

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Hifi_swlon - 18-May-2016

What's the current take on DSD with AIR3? Does it work? I saw a couple of mentions but it seemed inconclusive?
I don't have much material, just curious if it works as expected.

Also, is anyone thats posted here still suffering issues (iTunes sample rate switching aside), or has everyone pretty much worked out which settings make it stable?
Has ANYONE experienced the equivalent of the AIR2 clicking/popping/throbbing/whatever we call it (white noise thing) at all?

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - SwissBear - 18-May-2016

(18-May-2016, 11:38)Hifi_swlon Wrote: What's the current take on DSD with AIR3?  Does it work?  I saw a couple of mentions but it seemed inconclusive?

Also, is anyone thats posted here still suffering issues (iTunes sample rate switching aside), or has everyone pretty much worked out which settings make it stable?  
Has ANYONE experienced the equivalent of the AIR2 clicking/popping/throbbing/whatever we call it (white noise thing) at all?

Hi Hifi_swlon,

Yes I have. My D900 seems pretty much subject to this kind of problems.
Even the dedication of an Airport Extreme, the separation of wave bands, aso could not help :
- some random white noises
- some cracking

I am now in close contact with Devialet support to have this sorted out, as I expect this is due either to a lack of proper earthing of the Master, or a defective network board.

Will let you know what happens next.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - BrianT - 18-May-2016

(18-May-2016, 04:21)Christopher W. Wrote: I would love to give a comparison from my Aurender N10 to Air3 but I still cannot get the General Setting to open up in Air3 Settings.  I click and nothing happens.  

Same with me, General settings is not working on the beta
in the right hand window, you can set the Target Buffer size

Listed under General Settings "My Devialet-WiFi", the right hand window will show
your WiFi connection to the Devialet 

"when the device appears on the network" set it to always stream to it automatically

In your music software (Audirvana Etc) set it to AIR3

Brian

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Hifi_swlon - 18-May-2016

(18-May-2016, 11:59)SwissBear Wrote:
(18-May-2016, 11:38)Hifi_swlon Wrote: What's the current take on DSD with AIR3?  Does it work?  I saw a couple of mentions but it seemed inconclusive?

Hi Hifi_swlon,

Yes I have. My D900 seems pretty much subject to this kind of problems.
Even the dedication of an Airport Extreme, the separation of wave bands, aso could not help :
- some random white noises
- some cracking

I am now in close contact with Devialet support to have this sorted out, as I expect this is due either to a lack of proper earthing of the Master, or a defective network board.

Will let you know what happens next.

Thanks Swissbear. Do you have the option of trying wired ethernet?

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - SwissBear - 18-May-2016

(18-May-2016, 12:03)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Thanks Swissbear.  Do you have the option of trying wired ethernet?

Yes I tried with the same random issues.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - hk6230 - 18-May-2016

DSD doesn't seems to work on AIR3.0. And, it is not very reliable as it stops intermittently and Devialet AIR will hang. If DSD can't be played on AIR3.0, I will definitely switch back to my old AIR2.1.3.

What I have tested so far is using RoonBridge on Mac and AIR3.0. I will try other Roon options.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - GuillaumeB - 18-May-2016

(18-May-2016, 12:29)hk6230 Wrote:

DSD doesn't seems to work on AIR3.0. And, it is not very reliable as it stops intermittently and Devialet AIR will hang. If DSD can't be played on AIR3.0, I will definitely switch back to my old AIR2.1.3.

What I have tested so far is using RoonBridge on Mac and AIR3.0. I will try other Roon options.

From the Devialet White Paper (released at Munich in 2015):

The entire Expert range is now compatible with the DoP protocol (DSD over PCM). This new feature is available through the USB input but also on the digital XLR input (AES/EBU), the TOSLINK optical input and all coaxial digital inputs (S/PDIF). A completely unique feature. 

No mention of ethernet chaps....

Guillaume

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Ole_Jakob_Fogstad - 18-May-2016

Hi guys. Long time reader on this very useful forum, but rather limited posting from me so far.

Anyway; I've been running AIR 2.1.3 ethernet for 6 months or so, and have luckily steered clear of the reported audio related issues with Air 2 (white noise, drop-outs, clicks etc). 

However, the last few weeks the BSOD critter has reared its ugly head in my setup so often that I recently had to revert to using USB into my Dev. Nothing has changed in my setup hardware-wise, but I suspect that some regular Windows system updates may have had an impact in some way? I'm running Windows 10 btw. 

I'm not familiar with Mac whatsoever, so please forgive my ignorance when asking this: is the blue screen/total system crash an issue with Mac-based setups? If so, have any of you seen any development, for better or worse, when going from Air 2 to Air 3? I'm hopeful for the Win-version of Air 3, but based on the partly flawed software history of the Expert series, I also fear the worst to be honest.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - mdconnelly - 18-May-2016

(18-May-2016, 12:51)Ole_Jakob_Fogstad Wrote: Hi guys. Long time reader on this very useful forum, but rather limited posting from me so far.

Anyway; I've been running AIR 2.1.3 ethernet for 6 months or so, and have luckily steered clear of the reported audio related issues with Air 2 (white noise, drop-outs, clicks etc). 

However, the last few weeks the BSOD critter has reared its ugly head in my setup so often that I recently had to revert to using USB into my Dev. Nothing has changed in my setup hardware-wise, but I suspect that some regular Windows system updates may have had an impact in some way? I'm running Windows 10 btw. 

I'm not familiar with Mac whatsoever, so please forgive my ignorance when asking this: is the blue screen/total system crash an issue with Mac-based setups? If so, have any of you seen any development, for better or worse, when going from Air 2 to Air 3? I'm hopeful for the Win-version of Air 3, but based on the partly flawed software history of the Expert series, I also fear the worst to be honest.

I'm not a Mac user either so can't speak to BSOD on a Mac.  But, when I first starting using AIR 2.1.3, (late last summer I think) I would get BSODs all the time on my Win 10 PC... even when I was NOT playing music via AIR.   Removed AIR and the BSODs stopped.  Then somewhere along the way I gave AIR another shot and - surprise - no more BSODs - I assumed due to Windows updates but it was also about the time firmware 9.0.1 came along.  So to be honest, haven't a clue why the BSODs stopped.  
So I went back to using AIR until the white noise problem started driving me nuts.

I haven't seen a BSOD now in months and I do leave AIR installed and active now on my Win 10 box, even though I don't stream via AIR regularly now that I've got a Sonore uRendu to stream via USB to my Dev 200.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Ole_Jakob_Fogstad - 18-May-2016

mdconnely, that's just plain bizarre - we seem to have completely opposite experiences here!  Huh  'Cause in my setup, it was totally stable before, while it started acting up a few weeks back. I'm also running 9.0.1. Sorry guys, not my intention to hi-jack this thread with Win-related issues; I was just curious whether there are any similar observations in the Air/Mac camp.....