Devialet Chat
AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: AIR 3 Beta for Mac (/Thread-AIR-3-Beta-for-Mac)

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - hk6230 - 18-May-2016

(18-May-2016, 12:42)GuillaumeB Wrote: From the Devialet White Paper (released at Munich in 2015):

The entire Expert range is now compatible with the DoP protocol (DSD over PCM). This new feature is available through the USB input but also on the digital XLR input (AES/EBU), the TOSLINK optical input and all coaxial digital inputs (S/PDIF). A completely unique feature. 

No mention of ethernet chaps....

Guillaume

Yes, I'm very well aware of this. But, on my AIR2.1.3, I can stream DSD64 materials via DoP to Le200.

Another strange observation: Running Roon (OSX) on the Mac Mini instead of the RoonBridge, AIR3.0 is stable now. DSD over PCM will result in having the music playing with background hissing noise. So, I believe this can/will be solved eventually. Playing DSD converting to PCM is fine.

More testing ongoing.

Yup, AIR3.0 with Roon for Mac is stable. Not a single glitch after switching from RoonBridge setup. After an hour of listening to AIR3.0, I have to admit that it is more musical, more listenable, there's a sense of smoothness that you want to listen more, with a sense of depth and a bigger soundstage. Looks like I get to keep the Mac Mini for a longer period to soak in the AIR3.0 experience. I have also written on Roon's forum and asking them if there is something amiss with RoonBridge vs Roon.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - hahe - 18-May-2016

Being a Windows User thought I would share Devialet Support feedback on when a Air 3 (beta) version similar to the MAC one would be available:

Thank you for your message. 

This is a beta version that should not have been leaked. 
There will indeed be a windows version, but only when the software will be totally finished. 
We do not yet have dates on this. 

Seems Windows users will have to wait - having had no issues with Air 2.1.3 on Windows 8.1 after upgrading to Windows 10 it is unusable
(causing a Blue screen quite regular after around 10 minutes running properly... :-(

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Hifi_swlon - 18-May-2016

(18-May-2016, 16:20)hahe Wrote: ....This is a beta version that should not have been leaked

You couldn't make it up!   Big Grin  Big Grin  Big Grin Thanks for sharing.

Assuming this isn't a windup, Devialet could do with a few more employees like the 'leaker'.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Antoine - 18-May-2016

LOL...they "leaked" it on their own website...fous!! Big Grin (yep, that's French for idiots! Wink)

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Nightmare - 18-May-2016

(18-May-2016, 16:20)hahe Wrote: This is a beta version that should not have been leaked.

I guess, that´s why they called it "DevialetAIR-3.0-public-beta" Big Grin
No one - including the guys from Devialet - would get the idea it could be a leak Tongue

VERY CLEVER Idea

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Hifi_swlon - 18-May-2016

Plus they'll never know who it was, as he's hiding behind his camera....

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Petter - 18-May-2016

With little smartness ,this forum and treads like this would be worth gold for them when develope air 3 in months to come

AIR 3 Beta for Mac - LBameule - 19-May-2016

HK, I think we went over the DSD on Air Eth when the capability to stream DSD first appeared, but I wasn't able to reproduce it in my own system. I thought it had to do more with the fact that my OS is quite old (10.8, I think, maybe 10.7.5) than anything else. Of course, USB worked perfectly well, but on Air 2.1.3 all I got from trying DSD over Air Eth (straight from MacBook to Dev) was silence.

By what I've been reading here Air3 looks like it won't be compatible with such an old OS as I'm running, so I'm rather stuck with what I have right now. As things work well I'm no really keen on experimenting that much: if it ain't broke...

Nothing, I'll just keep reading and actually waiting for a proper Air3 (not the beta) and there and then consider my options. Thanks for your (and everybody else's) opinions and sharing of experiences and tips!

Cheers!

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.