Devialet Chat
AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: AIR 3 Beta for Mac (/Thread-AIR-3-Beta-for-Mac)

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - elo - 20-May-2016

I used to be a Mac believer (Mac mini + Amarra Symphony) but after I compared it to a i7 fanless PC with Bughead Warrior, not anymore and switched to later combination.

Now see here that AIR 3 SQ is much better than before and I need to dust off my Mac mini and put it back to my system again.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - mdconnelly - 20-May-2016

So I have to ask... since the Devialet "leak" of AIR 3, has anyone had any direct correspondence from Devialet as to when the actual release may occur - including a Windows AIR 3?  I firmly believe that no software should ever be released before being fully tested, but am curious since the beta was "leaked" (intentionally or otherwise).

I get the impression that a least a few of you may be part of a more formal AIR 3 beta program.  If so, are you under an NDA?   (hmmm, are you violating your NDA if you disclose you're under an NDA?)

I just want to believe that there's more process and planning going on than what we mere mortals perceive.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Hifi_swlon - 20-May-2016

(20-May-2016, 16:54)mdconnelly Wrote: I just want to believe that there's more process and planning going on than what we mere mortals perceive.

That's the spirit! Wink

As far as I'm aware you're able to disclose that you're under NDA although the terms are usually confidential for obvious reasons.  So, people would be free to say 'we are in discussions but we're under NDA so can't reveal anything'.  Otherwise it would put people in very tricky positions - just sitting there permanently silently perhaps if they had a number of NDA's...

Practically speaking I don't really see any need for an NDA or secrecy for something like hifi gear release dates or beta test programmes - the industry's too small for it to make any real difference and the sum total of people that are seriously interested are probably those subscribed to the threads here....

(And just incase its not obvious, I am not a covert operative of Devialet - cunningly planted to feel out the true patience and loyalty of their brand members - or under NDA. Well, not with them anyway! Hahhahahahhaaahaha)

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Duomike - 20-May-2016

(20-May-2016, 16:58)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(20-May-2016, 16:54)mdconnelly Wrote: I just want to believe that there's more process and planning going on than what we mere mortals perceive.

That's the spirit! Wink

As far as I'm aware you're able to disclose that you're under NDA although the terms are usually confidential for obvious reasons.  So, people would be free to say 'we are in discussions but we're under NDA so can't reveal anything'.  Otherwise it would put people in very tricky positions - just sitting there permanently silently perhaps if they had a number of NDA's...

Practically speaking I don't really see any need for an NDA or secrecy for something like hifi gear release dates or beta test programmes - the industry's too small for it to make any real difference and the sum total of people that are seriously interested are probably those subscribed to the threads here....

(And just incase its not obvious, I am not a covert operative of Devialet - cunningly planted to feel out the true patience and loyalty of their brand members - or under NDA.  Well, not with them anyway!  Hahhahahahhaaahaha)

just downloaded AIR3, activated the ethernet port in configurator and installed a lan cable between mini and dev. so far so good. when opening launchpad and clicking on the AIR3 icon nothing happens besides that launchpad closes and desktop reappears. is this software incompatibel with yosemity and do I need to upgrade to maverick or is my 2009 mini not powerful enough to run it?

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - PhilP - 20-May-2016

(20-May-2016, 17:34)Duomike Wrote:
(20-May-2016, 16:58)Hifi_swlon Wrote:

That's the spirit! Wink

(And just incase its not obvious, I am not a covert operative of Devialet - cunningly planted to feel out the true patience and loyalty of their brand members - or under NDA.  Well, not with them anyway!  Hahhahahahhaaahaha)

just downloaded AIR3, activated the ethernet port in configurator and installed a lan cable between mini and dev. so far so good. when opening launchpad and clicking on the AIR3 icon nothing happens besides that launchpad closes and desktop reappears. is this software incompatibel with yosemity and do I need to upgrade to maverick or is my 2009 mini not powerful enough to run it?

Have you select Devialet AIR as the output in System Preferences?

System Preferences > Sound > Output > Devialet AIR

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Hifi_swlon - 20-May-2016

(20-May-2016, 17:34)Duomike Wrote: is this software incompatibel with yosemity and do I need to upgrade to maverick or is my 2009 mini not powerful enough to run it?

no-one knows the answer to either of those Q's unfortunately.
Unless someone under NDA can help you out Wink

have not selected AIR in output settings yet, only in audirvana. will try that tomorrow. shouldnt the software open when clicking on it eventhough AIR hasnt been selected in output settings yet?

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - canyelles - 20-May-2016

You should have the AIR icon in the menu bar. Click on that.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - baddog - 20-May-2016

Yes it should show up in top right area of the menu bar. You can configure it to start automatically and to stream automatically, which is how I have configured it. The only other item you may wish to change is the buffer. It looks almost like a teardrop in the menu bar.

(20-May-2016, 18:56)baddog Wrote: Yes it should show up in top right area of the menu bar. You can configure it to start automatically and to stream automatically, which is how I have configured it. The only other item you may wish to change is the buffer. It looks almost like a teardrop in the menu bar.

yes, there is a new icon which I have overlooked. now I can open the software. what I cant open is the general settings menu. guess thats where one has to key in the ip address, network mask and enables dchp. any idea bow to solve that problem?