Devialet Chat
AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: AIR 3 Beta for Mac (/Thread-AIR-3-Beta-for-Mac)

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - hk6230 - 20-May-2016

(20-May-2016, 19:58)Duomike Wrote: yes, there is a new icon which I have overlooked. now I can open the software. what I cant open is the general settings menu. guess thats where one has to key in the ip address, network mask and enables dchp. any idea bow to solve that problem?

That's not correct. Setting of IP address, etc. is via Configurator. And Mac Mini late 2009 definitely works.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - baddog - 21-May-2016

Actually you configure the IP address, etc.. through the online configurator on the Devialet website.

You select the ethernet port and then choose Advanced Settings.

Click on the  picture above to see example.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Duomike - 21-May-2016

thanks guys. initially I thought these settings have to be in the configurator but when I opened it yesterday I could not get that settings window to pop up. thats when I thought it must be in the software.
unfortunately I'm quite stupid when it comes to anything computer related. will give it another shoot.. and will report.

managed to open the advanced settings on the ethernet port. it showed exactly the same settings as in the picture. with these settings i cant get any music to play. what ip address and network mask address I have to use and where to find it??

so far I have enabled air in the audirvana settings and in the sound output settings in osx.

when clicking on the AIR icon in the menu bar a little window pops up. first line says disable air. this is checked and I cant uncheck it. maybe thats the culprit?

also I still cant open the general settings in the AIR software.

(21-May-2016, 05:06)Duomike Wrote: managed to open the advanced settings on the ethernet port. it showed exactly the same settings as in the picture. with these settings i cant get any music to play. what ip address and network mask address I have to use and where to find it??

so far I have enabled air in the audirvana settings and in the sound output settings in osx.

when clicking on the AIR icon in the menu bar a little window pops up. first line says disable air. this is checked and I cant uncheck it. maybe thats the culprit?

also I still cant open the general settings in the AIR software.

made some progress. called a friend if mine who is familiar with networks re the ip address matter. with his help i manually changed the ip address and network mask in the network settings of my mac. now the ethernet connection went from yellow to green and says it is active. still no music.
what else do I need to do to make it work? adjust some
settings in the general settings of the AIR software which I cant open?
also be default settings shows AIR is disabled and I cant enable it

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - hk6230 - 21-May-2016

Have you enabled Ethernet port and/or Wifi port with the Configurator?

(21-May-2016, 07:46)hk6230 Wrote: Have you enabled Ethernet port and/or Wifi port with the Configurator?

of course. like I said, the minis network setting shows that the connection is active.  problem I believe is that AIR is by default disabled and I cant enable it. will take a picture and try to post it here

took pictures but cant figure out how to post them from my iphone.

If enabled properly, with Devialet AIR running, clicking on the teardrop-like logo will show you the options to select AIR-Wifi or AIR-ETH.

Being an incessant perfectionist, I have been moving my network equipment and cablings and even software setting to make RoonBridge works well on my Mac Mini. And, the result is 0.0s Roon Delay and 500ms AIR delay. 50ms AIR delay may have cracking sound after about an hour of play.

Unfortunately, I am still not able to figure out how to have both the Ultrabook and Mac Mini on the same network with AIR 2.1.3 and AIR 3.0b running, respectively, so that I can do a proper A/B comparison. If someone has an idea, please share with me.