Devialet Chat
AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: AIR 3 Beta for Mac (/Thread-AIR-3-Beta-for-Mac)

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Duomike - 21-May-2016

(21-May-2016, 09:11)hk6230 Wrote: If enabled properly, with Devialet AIR running, clicking on the teardrop-like logo will show you the options to select AIR-Wifi or AIR-ETH.

when clicking on the teardrop like icon i get four lines if text:

disable devialet air (this is checked and cant be unchecked)
settings
about
quit

maybe something went wrong during the download. will download again and see whether I can enable it

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - SwissBear - 21-May-2016

(21-May-2016, 10:21)Duomike Wrote:
(21-May-2016, 09:11)hk6230 Wrote: If enabled properly, with Devialet AIR running, clicking on the teardrop-like logo will show you the options to select AIR-Wifi or AIR-ETH.

settings
about
quit

maybe something went wrong during the download. will download again and see whether I can enable it

This seams to mean that your computer is not able to 'see' the Devialet. Have you enabled the WiFi and/or Ethernet in the Devialet config. Are they properly connected to the WiFi/Physical network ?

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - KraaijCheck - 21-May-2016

More people who don't see the air icon in their task-bar?

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Cylob - 21-May-2016

@ Duomike

Make sure the proper source is active on the Devialet using the remote.
When I haven't got Ethernet selected on the Devialet and in my player, it won't appear in the AIR software either.
I'm on Windows though...

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - hk6230 - 21-May-2016

(21-May-2016, 10:21)Duomike Wrote:

settings
about
quit

To enable wifi and Ethernet ports, in Configurator, you must click on the wifi and Ethernet port to get them highlighted. For your case, you just need to set the Ethernet port, as you are not using Wifi. Once set properly, you should see AIR-ETH on the teardrop's list.

guys, I do not have any router or network in my house. have directly connected my mini to dev by lan cable.
the eth input is activated in the configurator and is selected by remote. my macs network setting shows a green light next to the eth connection and says it is active. have selected AIR in audirvana as well as in sound output settings. still no music.

when you click on the teardrop logo in the menu is the line "disable devialet AIR" also checked???
and if so can you uncheck it???

forgot to mention, dont have AIR ETH in the teardrop list

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Cylob - 21-May-2016

(21-May-2016, 00:03)baddog Wrote: Actually you configure the IP address, etc.. through the online configurator on the Devialet website.

You select the ethernet port and then choose Advanced Settings.

Click on the  picture above to see example.

See baddog's post on the previous page....

Did you try an fixed IP?
Turn off DHCP in the configurator and manually enter an IP.
Make sure the IP on your Mac is not the same.
Subnet mask should be same on Dev and Mac if I'm correct.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - canyelles - 21-May-2016

Please confirm that you are using a crossover cable in this configuration.

You might have already stated it but I cannot find it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet_crossover_cable

re ip address: in the configurator i have not changed the fixed settings and dhcp was enabled. what I did do with a help of a friend who knows about networks to adjust the ip address manually of my mac. After that I got the green light and a note from my mac saying the eth connection is active. was this the wrong way to do it?

re crossover cable: no idea what that is. use an aq cinnamon lan cable