Devialet Chat
AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: AIR 3 Beta for Mac (/Thread-AIR-3-Beta-for-Mac)

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - baddog - 26-May-2016

Mac Mini here running El Capitan. 2012 Model. 16GB memory, SSD boot drive, Core i7 processor.

Running RoonServer, connection is via ethernet to switch and D400 is also connected via ethernet to switch.

Tidal via Roon works in this setup too.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Duomike - 26-May-2016

(25-May-2016, 23:20)eag Wrote:
(25-May-2016, 23:07)Zappydev Wrote:
(25-May-2016, 22:11)eag Wrote: Hi Zappydev,

Yes, I have a tick mark in all four boxes: Exclusive mode, Integer mode, Max hardware buffer, Use power-of-two. I set Private zone off, PCM to disabled, fixed volume, and 0.1 sec resync delay. In Air3 app I set device buffer to 1000ms. I run Roon on OSX10.9.5 late 2013 macbook pro (connected by wifi to airport Timecapsule + ethernet cable directly from time capsule to devialet 200).

Hi eag - indeed, those are exactly the settings that I and others have been using with great success. Although AIR2.x was all but unusable for me, since installing AIR3b my system has been incredibly robust. I am sorry that you are struggling, but for me, the benefits of Roon justify a bit of fiddling around to get it working, and I am so happy that I persevered when things didn't go right at the beginning. I hope you will find success too.

I am happy for everyone that gets it to work Zappydev, and would really like Roon to be up on running with Air3 on my side too. But I guess I have now tried all settings without success - only option may be to update the Mac, but don't know if that may have an effect. What OS are you using?
using a late 2009 mini with yosemity running audirvana. direct ethernet connection mini to dev. works like a charme!

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - hk6230 - 26-May-2016

Today, I'm experiencing poor AIR3.0b performance: crackling up. Worse, my old AIR2.1.3 also developed white noise on 24/192 materials. Could be my network issues, as I have changed a few network items. So, AIR3.0b and AIR2.1.3 comparison will have to be delayed.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - SwissBear - 26-May-2016

(26-May-2016, 00:44)SwissBear Wrote:
(25-May-2016, 23:36)Zappydev Wrote: Hi Bear

After a year with AIR2 that broke every five minutes for no reason, I am now trying to see just how far I can push AIR3b, so I have just tried the above procedure (Port Scan) on my system.

I had Hi Res music playing to my D400 throughout. I scanned the Ethernet IP address first, and then switched to WiFi and scanned that one as well. 

I did not have the slightest 'crackle' or disturbance during either scan. I am not sure what, if anything, that tells us, but personally, if Devialet told me that the sky was blue, I would probably go outside to check, just to be sure . . .

Hi Zappydev,

Thanks for testing and your constructive comments. I appreciate your heads-up.

Tired discussing issues with Devialet's support, my dealer has accepted to come over and lend me his demo D900. Should be here early next week. Will be able to witness by myself.

At the same time, I will receive for test another nice machine : darTZeel LHC-208 ; obviously not as powerful, but much more achieved I assume. I will have the opportunity to compare network playback capabilities of both Smile

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - GuillaumeB - 26-May-2016

(26-May-2016, 12:01)SwissBear Wrote: Tired discussing issues with Devialet's support, my dealer has accepted to come over and lend me his demo D900. Should be here early next week. Will be able to witness by myself.

At the same time, I will receive for test another nice machine : DartZeel LHC-208 ; obviously not as powerful, but much more achieved I assume. I will have the opportunity to compare network playback capabilities of both Smile

I must say it is all very perplexing but good to hear that your dealer is supporting you.

Will be very interested in hearing your thoughts re the LHC-208, not sure if you already saw this review?

http://www.absolutesounds.com/pdf/main/press/DA%20LHC%20208%20HFN1015_4web.pdf

Guillaume

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - SwissBear - 26-May-2016

(26-May-2016, 12:07)GuillaumeB Wrote: I must say it is all very perplexing but good to hear that your dealer is supporting you.

Will be very interested in hearing your thoughts re the LHC-208, not sure if you already saw this review?

http://www.absolutesounds.com/pdf/main/press/DA%20LHC%20208%20HFN1015_4web.pdf

Guillaume

Yes indeed. Thanks for pointing to it.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - eag - 26-May-2016

(26-May-2016, 00:30)Zappydev Wrote:
(25-May-2016, 23:55)eag Wrote:
(25-May-2016, 23:31)Zappydev Wrote: I am using Yosemite 10.10.5 on an old iMac from 2008 for AIR and also Dirac. However, this is running Roonbridge, since my Roon server sits on a Windows 10 NUC. Ideally, I would have everything running on the NUC, but until Devialet pull their finger out and release AIR3 for Windows, I am more than happy to use the old iMac. After a year of headaches with AIR 2, I am just happy to at last be able to use the system as intended, and I have to say that it sounds fantastic, and certainly better than with the other inputs I tried (USB, SPDIF). I have everything wired together, but I also have the option of WiFi to the Dev, and that is equally robust. Are you sure about the quality of your WiFi link ?

Good luck
Thanx Zappydev, can't see why your system works and mine not, but good for you. Yes, I am sure the quality of my wifi is sufficient since it works just fine when I use Tidal Hifi as opposed to Roon. It also works fine with Airplay. I may try to upgrade to El Capitan OSX 10.11.5. Don't know if anyone else has had any luck with that?

I have El Cap on my other iMac. It works just fine with AIR3/Roonbridge too  Wink
Might try to upgrade the mac to el captain then next week. Will keep you posted when I eventually get to it  Smile I might also try a dedicated network, but can't see why that would solve anything since Tidal Hifi works flawlessly over Air ethernet.

Audirvana, integer mode and Air3 - Wdw - 26-May-2016

May be old news to all but just in case...have a reply From Damien confirming a known issue with Air 3 and integer mode with Audirvana.  Hopefully the folks at Devialet are looking into this. 
Currently have Roon on trial and the interface is certainly impressive.  Anyone compare the sound quality of Roon to Audirvana.  Haven't directly made to comparison but will do so this coming weekend. 
Cheers,WDW

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Jnan_devi - 27-May-2016

Update using AIR3 on WIFI. Exact same settings on Roon + AIR3

Today on a cold start i tried AIR3 on WIFI just like that - Worked perfectly Smile. My Lucky days i guess but some how felt this is better than my ETH performance (Tiny pauses on ETH (happens once or twice in couple of hours). No crackling and no WN whats so ever)

SQ - I felt its even better ? or its my mind playing but I thought the flute (Indian Classical) sounded simply FANTASTIC!

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - hk6230 - 27-May-2016

@Jnan, you are indeed lucky or hardware is powerful enough for AIR3. I can't play 24/192 materials well on mine.