Devialet Chat
AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: AIR 3 Beta for Mac (/Thread-AIR-3-Beta-for-Mac)

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - agentsmith - 28-May-2016

Yes, same here, still pauses quite often in the middle of tracks, both hires and 16/44.1.

That's with D400 wired Ethernet connection via Roon. Never happens wth SB Touch or Mac Mini.

Tried increasing the buffer size to 2 seconds, same result

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Jnan_devi - 28-May-2016

(27-May-2016, 19:02)Zappydev Wrote:
(27-May-2016, 13:51)Jnan_devi Wrote: @Hifi_swlon Yes I did notice a very short pauses. Happened about few days ago. I read my post again, "happens " should have been happened. That's when I increased delay from  0.5sec to 1sec to 2sec. No issues since then.

Coming back to AIR3_WIFI playing 24/192 - plays perfectly. Played about 5 tracks, not a single issue. All downloads from B&W music society. Devialet also displays 192.

<edit> I have packed my AQ jitter bug and cable for a rainy day.  Smile

Sadly, my initial euphoria is wearing off. It seems that AIR3 is not completely bulletproof, and I am getting too many instances of short pauses, and Dalek stuttering every now and then. I though it was limited to WiFi, but actually, it is no better with a wired connection, and happens on all formats. I just switched it over to a new quad-core iMac with 32GB, and it makes no difference. I suppose I could blame Dirac, but as @Hifi_swlon commented a while ago, once you get used to it, there is no going back. I didn't order a uRendu, but if I had one, I wouldn't be in a rush to sell it just yet.
Like I said my lucky days. Dont want to touch or play around with any config. its working smoothly on wifi since yesterday. In fact just to try quickly I wanted to shito _ETH. I also did pick up "Max Volume (?)" on Roon and all hell broke loose - SHOCKER. Nothing worked!. Anyways AIR3 was re-started, took a while for Roon to identify the Zone. Then PLAY = ALL GOOD ONCE AGAIN Smile.

Anyways I moved back to WIFI. Shifting WIFI to ETH is no issue, but on Roon i picked different volume control > Save > Got those issues.

Hence i wrote earlier. Dont want to touch anything. "Just music".

SQ - I m still not sure (Between AIR3 Vs USB) but AIR3 Convenience is simply very good. However I could judge Indian Classical music which i felt AIR3 was distinctively better.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - CostViewer - 28-May-2016

Hi all,

I've tried AIR 3.0 and unfortunately it turns itself off after few minutes of playing music. Music plays 5-10 minutes and then Devialet AIR icon is simply greyed out and needs to be clicked on and turned on back again.
To me it is just unbelievable that such massively financed company as Devialet has been unable to fix this problem over the last 5 years...
Back to good, old USB cable, which I found to be better sounding anyway.

PS Running Mac Air.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - avta - 28-May-2016

(28-May-2016, 18:43)CostViewer Wrote: Hi all,

I've tried AIR 3.0 and unfortunately it turns itself off after few minutes of playing music. Music plays 5-10 minutes and then Devialet AIR icon is simply greyed out and needs to be clicked on and turned on back again.
To me it is just unbelievable that such massively financed company as Devialet has been unable to fix this problem over the last 5 years...
Back to good, old USB cable, which I found to be better sounding anyway.

PS Running Mac Air.

Your computer isn't going into power saving mode by any chance is it?

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Duomike - 29-May-2016

Sad to hear many people have problems getting air working flawlessly. I use a direct eth connection between my mini and dev without any router or switches and this works fine as already mentioned. Maybe such a direct connection is the way to go? Give it a try!
However, I have to disable direct mode in audirvana otherwise it stops playing when sample rate switches

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Axel - 29-May-2016

With this being a beta version, it is obviously very important that Devialet get reports on all the issues mentioned. They might then be able to release a stable version. I'm itching to use the two week trial of Roon to see if it betters my present NAS into USB setup, but don't want to start using it only for Air to stop working.

AIR 3 Beta for Mac - samsoum - 29-May-2016

Please help ! Some confusion!
I run macbook pro el capitan latest version, i downloaded AIR 2.1.3, is it the right version? Is it AIR3 or some here call it air3 beta? In devialet website air 2.1.3 is supported for yosemite and maverick?? Is it going to work??
Thks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Cylob - 29-May-2016

(29-May-2016, 12:07)samsoum Wrote: Please help ! Some confusion!
I run macbook pro el capitan latest version, i downloaded AIR 2.1.3, is it the right version? Is it AIR3 or some here call it air3 beta? In devialet website air 2.1.3 is supported for yosemite and maverick?? Is it going to work??
Thks

Download AIR 3 beta for Mac here!!

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - mdconnelly - 29-May-2016

Just gotta throw in my 2 cents here... I've worked IT and software development for the last 35+ years. Formal and robust beta-testing processes are critical components in the development of any software. Beta testers are a unique bunch - they love to find bugs, diagnose cause and effect and then report it for resolution. I have to believe that Devialet has such a formal process and I suspect some of you here are part of it. BUT... the "leak" of AIR 3 for Mac via a dropbox as hardly a formal process intended to uncover and resolve bugs.

I give Devialet a bit of credit for giving us a glimpse of what's to come via this "leak". It reinforces that they are dedicated to fixing AIR and reports so far show that they are on the right track. If I were a Mac user, I would no doubt give it a try from a curiosity perspective, but knowing not to be surprised if it doesn't always work correctly.

Hopefully, the production release of AIR 3 is not too far out.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - samsoum - 29-May-2016

(29-May-2016, 12:16)Cylob Wrote:
(29-May-2016, 12:07)samsoum Wrote: Please help ! Some confusion!
Thks
t

Download AIR 3 beta for Mac here!!

thks cylob,i did t found it in deviate website! i ll tried out and will give some feedbacks!