Devialet Chat
AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: AIR 3 Beta for Mac (/Thread-AIR-3-Beta-for-Mac)

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Filips - 11-Jun-2016

After heavy upgrade of my MacBook Pro (i7, 10 GB ram, SSD & HD, El Capitano), yesterday I sat for the first time to have relaxed listen of AIR 3 beta in pure WiFi setup. I am absolutely thrilled by the sound quality. CD ripped files (WAV) played with no problems whatsoever, but few problems with HI-res music (DSD in the first place). All dropouts almost vanished with MacBook Pro positioned closer to D400 and Airport Express. WiFi strenght -34dB. With little more stability with new AIR, no need for additional hardware, just listening to music Smile

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Dr Tone - 11-Jun-2016

(11-Jun-2016, 20:12)midi Wrote: AIR 3  Beta worked fine for many weeks. Yesterday I showed my friend my D120 and tried a demo with AIR 3 and high-res files. I started the demo and I had crackles after a few seconds...embarrassing

That sounds more like good old Devialet Air!!

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Jean-Marie - 12-Jun-2016

I have found that giving a fixed IP address to the devialet instead of relying on DHCP helped a lot with stability.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Dr Tone - 12-Jun-2016

Just had Air 3 hang up Roon good. I had to restart, air, core and roonbridge to get it going again.

Sigh!!!

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Zappydev - 12-Jun-2016

(12-Jun-2016, 18:36)Dr Tone Wrote: Just had Air 3 hang up Roon good.  I had to restart, air, core and roonbridge to get it going again.

Sigh!!!

Not defending anything or anybody, but how do you know that AIR was the culprit. Was there an error message, or another clue?  Getting worried here ......

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Dr Tone - 12-Jun-2016

(12-Jun-2016, 18:53)Zappydev Wrote:
(12-Jun-2016, 18:36)Dr Tone Wrote: Just had Air 3 hang up Roon good.  I had to restart, air, core and roonbridge to get it going again.

Sigh!!!

Not defending anything or anybody, but how do you know that AIR was the culprit. Was there an error message, or another clue?  Getting worried here ......

Because all versions of Air suck!  Isn't that obvious already.   Wink

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - SwissBear - 17-Jun-2016

I had a lot of difficulties with AIR since I bought my D900.
Just to summarize, here a few tips which helped me reach a satisfactory situation with AIR (even in WiFi) :
  • give the Devialet fixed IP addresses (whether on the RJ-45 or WiFi connections)
  • give the Airport (or router) which is streaming to the Devialet a fixed IP address
  • if possible, dedicate the 2.4 GHz band from the Airport/Router to the Devialet and create a separate 5 GHz band for connecting any Mac/PC to the Airport/Router
  • try to put the Airport/router as close as possible to the Devialet in case you want to use WiFi ; I reach a -25db signal on the D900 by placing the Airport Express just beneath the network board of the Devialet (see picture [img][Image: mini_276404IMG1027.jpg][/img] )
  • use a reasonably powerful Mac to stream ; avoid any other process on this machine as crackling are the reflect of incapability of the Mac to send music data fast enough to the Devialet  ; in case you use a MacMini, contemplate the possibility to dedicate it to streaming and to use the CAD optimization scripts (http://www.computeraudiodesign.com/computer-setup/)
Lastly, but surely not the least, try to remove any source of electromagnetic interference from the Airport/Devialet. I finally reached a stable AIR streaming when putting my MacMini and its environment (disks, Mutec which I used for USB, aso) 3 meters away from the Devialet. I cannot believe how detrimental a MacMini is in terms of electromagnetic pollution Wink

Hope this helps.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Dr Tone - 18-Jun-2016

The Devialet sounds better converting DSD internally than Roon does converting it, IMO. So I'm back to USB.

I guess I should order and try the uRendu next.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Cylob - 19-Jun-2016

[wrong topic]

AIR 3 Beta for Mac - no32 - 20-Jun-2016

where I can download the air 3 for Mac ?