Devialet Chat
AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: AIR 3 Beta for Mac (/Thread-AIR-3-Beta-for-Mac)

AIR 3 Beta for Mac - nicoludio - 12-May-2016

(11-May-2016, 19:48)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(11-May-2016, 19:46)Eddye Wrote: I'm having some trouble when switching between samplerates. Probably a setting in Audirvana, I'll try and look at that sometime during the weekend.
SQ-wise this AIR3 is very good. I'm really enjoying what I'm hearing.

Oddly mine is perfect when changing sample rates but then I'm using an old version of A+ (1.5.12)

I agree re the sound, quite surprising coming from the totaldac.

Guillaume

Meaning that it is better (or as good)?

Wish that they would just implement Open Home / uPnP. I already have the Melco and doing away with the computer would be good.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Jnan_devi - 12-May-2016

(11-May-2016, 20:20)Fragoulisnaval Wrote:
(11-May-2016, 19:50)streamy Wrote:
(11-May-2016, 17:55)Jnan_devi Wrote: To listen all my Fav albums, do i have to convert FLAC to AAC ? Hate it.

Better choice than AAC is to convert FLAC to ALAC  for iTunes. ALAC is the Apple version of FLAC. In my opinion it handles the metadata better. You can use MediaHuman Audio Converter from www.mediahuman.com It is freeware.

XLD is a far better choice. Freeware too, can also handle DSD files, better community support and also Accuraterip database check.

Minor off topic but yes, my bad its not AAC, I had few tracks of ALAC (opened folders on NAS and checked). I have official version of dbpoweramp. But for now my Roon works just fine with AIR 3.0. Will continue on FLACs.

(11-May-2016, 20:35)KraaijCheck Wrote: Devialet Air v3:
- Setting delay to 2000ms

Roon:
- Delay 1s
- Exclusive ON
- Integrer ON
- Max hardware buffer ON
- Use power of 2 ON

Today morning cold start.
Change: AIR delay set to 500ms; Roon 100ms - No issues. Plays perfectly.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - hk6230 - 12-May-2016

Great, Jnan. Good that finally AIR is working for you.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - KraaijCheck - 12-May-2016

I started this morning with the same settings as last night. Four songs underway and still working perfect.

Alright, playing since last couple of hours - No sign of drop, no noise in any form - playing Brilliantly!

End of my session today going to work with good mood and excitement Smile! Hope it lasts.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - hk6230 - 12-May-2016

Have faith, guys. Big Grin

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Eddye - 12-May-2016

(11-May-2016, 20:37)Rufus McDufus Wrote:
(11-May-2016, 20:22)SwissBear Wrote:
(11-May-2016, 19:46)Eddye Wrote: I'm having some trouble when switching between samplerates. Probably a setting in Audirvana, I'll try and look at that sometime during the weekend.
SQ-wise this AIR3 is very good. I'm really enjoying what I'm hearing.

I have the same issue here with Audirvana 2.5.0. When not upsampling, changing sample rates requires to 'reload' the driver, ie re-select it in Audirvana's preference. In upsampling mode, I have been facing some long drop-outs (a few seconds) every hour or so.
Hope others continue to enjoy Wink

Interesting. I've been using Audivarna 2.5 today with AIR 3 and it's working OK for me but I find it seems to take a few attempts to play another file with a different sample/bitrate to the one I just played - it's not immediate. Maybe 20 seconds or so before it seems to become playable. otherwise it just sits there on 00:00 not doing anything.  But I don't have to do anything else.

I seem to remember with earlier versions of AIR that there was an option to set sample/bitrate. Is it my faulty memory? AIR 3 seems to be auto-sensing.
Last night I played a few more songs. I'm not patient enough to wait 20 whole second, so that didn't cross my mind to try. What worked was clicking on the "Stop" button (pauze doesn't work) and after that again selecting the song. It's just a problem when you play songs with different sample rates. Since Guillaume doesn't have this problem with version 1.5 it could be a problem with the interaction between AIR and Audirvana 2.x. I'm going to try some different settings coming weekend.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - SwissBear - 12-May-2016

(12-May-2016, 06:00)Eddye Wrote: Last night I played a few more songs. I'm not patient enough to wait 20 whole second, so that didn't cross my mind to try. What worked was clicking on the "Stop" button (pauze doesn't work) and after that again selecting the song. It's just a problem when you play songs with different sample rates. Since Guillaume doesn't have this problem with version 1.5 it could be a problem with the interaction between AIR and Audirvana 2.x. I'm going to try some different settings coming weekend.
Hi Eddy,

You probably know that last versions of Audirvana and Devialet AIR had compatibility issues.

When I started noticing the difficulties I met, I reached out to Damien Plisson the developer of Audirvana who kindly explained me that he had done his homework and that the best way to solve my problems would be to file a bug report to Devialet.

So this is the procedure I will be using.

BTW, I noticed the long 'drop-outs' problem when upsampling to 24/192 with JRiver too.

RE: AIR 3 Beta for Mac - Eddye - 12-May-2016

(12-May-2016, 07:03)SwissBear Wrote: Hi Eddy,

You probably know that last versions of Audirvana and Devialet AIR had compatibility issues.

When I started noticing the difficulties I met, I reached out to Damien Plisson the developer of Audirvana who kindly explained me that he had done his homework and that the best way to solve my problems would be to file a bug report to Devialet.

So this is the procedure I will be using.

BTW, I noticed the long 'drop-outs' problem when upsampling to 24/192 with JRiver too.

I didn't know that. To be honest I haven't played music through Audirvana since I bought my Aurender, I only use Audirvana to change metadata.