Devialet Chat
Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016 (/Thread-Internal-streamer-Devialet-Expert-at-the-end-of-2016)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016 - Rufus McDufus - 15-May-2016

I guess Devialet considered that AIR ought to be capable potentially of sending to many devices so they designed it using UDP. There's probably another good reason that I can't think of!

RE: Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016 - Cylob - 15-May-2016

(15-May-2016, 17:42)octaviars Wrote:
(15-May-2016, 17:12)Xander Wrote: Why do we need an internal streamer if AIR / MacBook/ iTunes is working?

To get rid of the computer, I use Bubble UPnP app on Android and if Devialet supports UPnP with the new board I just need my phone and my Devialets to stream from my NAS and Tidal no computer. But I would like to see support for ROON that would be the best thing and many of us want that. Run ROON on a NAS or a small computer like the sonicTransport would be a really nice thing to have.

Didn't they make a hint towards UPnP support by just a firmware upgrade at some point?

RE: Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016 - octaviars - 16-May-2016

(15-May-2016, 22:27)Cylob Wrote:
(15-May-2016, 17:42)octaviars Wrote:
(15-May-2016, 17:12)Xander Wrote: Why do we need an internal streamer if AIR / MacBook/ iTunes is working?

To get rid of the computer, I use Bubble UPnP app on Android and if Devialet supports UPnP with the new board I just need my phone and my Devialets to stream from my NAS and Tidal no computer. But I would like to see support for ROON that would be the best thing and many of us want that. Run ROON on a NAS or a small computer like the sonicTransport would be a really nice thing to have.

Didn't they make a hint towards UPnP support by just a firmware upgrade at some point?

Perhaps they did but if they are making a new streamerboard something might have made them to do that. I still hope that they will support ROON so I can get a sonicTransport to run ROON.

-> D400
My setup would be FTTH box -> Router -> NAS
                                                              -> sonicTransport (ROON server)

A nice Paul Hynes 4 rail PSU to power FTTH, Router, NAS and sonicTransport, this setup would make me feel really happy with my system, not that I am not happy with it today as the microRendu sounds as good as it gets but the need for a extra box would be a nice thing.

RE: Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016 - Nightmare - 16-May-2016

(15-May-2016, 22:27)Cylob Wrote: Didn't they make a hint towards UPnP support by just a firmware upgrade at some point?

Yes indeed, they did!

And they did so for room correction either!!

But that was´yesterday´ :-(

Baseless promises Undecided

RE: Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016 - hk6230 - 16-May-2016

Don't count them out yet. They may still surprise us.

Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016 - warpeon - 16-May-2016

I like how HK is so convinced that devialet will surprise us! Given he is the one who is supposed to know the secret.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016 - Pim - 17-May-2016

Yeah Gary, you're starting to give the secret away man. Be careful Smile

RE: Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016 - Jnan_devi - 17-May-2016

Gary - Please buddy!. Cant hold secrets huh Smile.

Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016 - hk6230 - 17-May-2016

Gee. Looks like I better not response to any thread. It seems even if I stay positive for all things Devialet you guys will think I'm letting out secrets on what comes next. Well to be fair I have myself to be blamed. So, guys, what I heard may not be the facts, as far as I know, they all could be just rumors. Don't take it too seriously.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

RE: Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016 - warpeon - 17-May-2016

Gary, don't worry, we won't take your rumors seriously. Just share the rumor !