Devialet Chat
New Phantom coming!! - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Phantom I (103 DB, 108 DB, Premier Classic, Silver & Gold) (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Phantom-I-103-DB-108-DB-Premier-Classic-Silver-Gold)
+--- Thread: New Phantom coming!! (/Thread-New-Phantom-coming)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: New Phantom coming!! - dkoretz - 06-Jun-2016

Sorry guys... have been busy and forgot to revisit my original post. 

I do have a few more details...

They are using titanium for the tweeters. It's supposed to improve sound quality materially.

Price point is likely going to be around $2,700.

RE: New Phantom coming!! - dkoretz - 06-Jun-2016

oh.... and same general size as current unit.

RE: New Phantom coming!! - Teliaved - 06-Jun-2016

Titanium tweeters..
Mountain guy, how does that sound to you?

RE: New Phantom coming!! - Confused - 06-Jun-2016

(06-Jun-2016, 21:24)dkoretz Wrote: Sorry guys... have been busy and forgot to revisit my original post. 

They are using titanium for the tweeters. It's supposed to improve sound quality materially.

Shame!  A massive Phantom with uprated mid & tweeter would be excellent, preferably in stealth mat black.

RE: New Phantom coming!! - Silvertouran - 06-Jun-2016

(06-Jun-2016, 22:06)Confused Wrote:
(06-Jun-2016, 21:24)dkoretz Wrote: Sorry guys... have been busy and forgot to revisit my original post. 

Shame!  A massive Phantom with uprated mid & tweeter would be excellent, preferably in stealth mat black.
+1. Thats what i said  Rolleyes   I want a Matt black one too

RE: New Phantom coming!! - Soniclife - 06-Jun-2016

Confused ' Wrote: Shame!  A massive Phantom with uprated mid & tweeter would be excellent, preferably in stealth mat black.

They exist, they are called Kef Blades .

RE: New Phantom coming!! - MountainGuy - 07-Jun-2016

(06-Jun-2016, 22:04)Teliaved Wrote: Titanium tweeters..
Mountain guy,  how does that sound to you?

Titanium tweeters?  Sounds great - lighter than the current material and should have faster transients. Berrylium would have been even better but those are $$$ addition so my guess is that titanium is a higher return for the dollar.  My guess is that it will indeed be more highly resolved.   Fantastic. Too bad that I'm pretty sure that we can't upgrade our current units...

RE: New Phantom coming!! - MountainGuy - 07-Jun-2016

Any other changes except for power and titanium tweeters? Improvement on the midrange ring?

RE: New Phantom coming!! - frix - 07-Jun-2016

So why more peak power? so they will go louder about 1-2db? What for? Why not just a black edition? Or proper software.

New Phantom coming!! - Krisp - 07-Jun-2016

More Watts does not necessarily mean more peak loudness. It helps also to produce steeper amplitudes, so for the new 5.1 usecase, gunshots will be better reproduced. Smile

Cheers,

Krisp