Devialet Chat
AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign (/Thread-AIR-petition-to-Devialet-Management-please-sign)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign - Hifi_swlon - 10-Jul-2016

(10-Jul-2016, 11:26)PhilP Wrote: A Techcrunch article in 2014 said Devialet had sold 3,500 amps that year ($15M).  If that figure is correct then perhaps they've sold 10,000 in total (not including Phantom).

Ok. So, I'm no statistician (but do have a rusty science degree) but let's throw some fag packet calculations out there.

10,000 Experts sold.

2,000 odd Devialetchat members - ie 'forum active' Devialet owners (Phantom and Expert) and interested parties that don't own.
150 on average take part in surveys/polls - good indicator of Expert owners active in polls/surveys.
Roughly 100 people have signed the petition.

Estimated number of people affected based on the petition):

Best Case:
And almost completely improbable, the 100 who signed the petition are the only ones affected, so 100 in 10,000 (1%) have suffered.

Medium Case:
Let's say all 2000 DC members represent the entire Expert user base (ignore Phantom and non owners to be very generous). Assume 100 of those 2000 signed the petition.
2,000/10,000= 20% or 1/5 representation on DC. 100*5 = 500 users affected in 10,000 (5%)

Worst case:
Assume on average 150 people who take part in DC surveys about Experts represent the number of owners that would be aware of and take the time to sign a petition. These 1.5% represent the entire Expert ownership in survey terms.
Assuming 100 of these 150 signed the petition = 66% or 6,600 Expert owners affected.

Obviously this is a bit tongue in cheek, as you need to take a lot of things into account and you need a lot more data to understand the numbers properly. But it's food for thought!

RE: AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign - Hifi_swlon - 10-Jul-2016

(10-Jul-2016, 11:12)Confused Wrote: I'm not so sure about upping the target to a few hundred though? The total count was still in the 90's last time I looked!

From previous fundraising/petitioning efforts, I tend to think people slack off when nearing the target, thinking that the objective has already been achieved.

RE: AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign - Cylob - 10-Jul-2016

(10-Jul-2016, 11:44)Confused Wrote: ...but you will never know just how b##### alarming it is!...

If people do wanna know: enable the brown noise output in the configurator.
Then put on some music you like on a decent volume.
Then switch the output to the noise generator. That should give you an idea of what's it's like.
The good thing is you know it's coming, unlike the people who got the white noise error.

RE: AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign - Dr Tone - 10-Jul-2016

The math for windows running owners is easy. 100% are affected by the white noise issue.

If they have the right listening pattern and HD content to make it happen consistently or at all is a different question. I totally believe the owners that listen to mostly red book and say it hasn't happened to them.

RE: AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign - Antoine - 10-Jul-2016

Great posts Hifi_swlon, I fully agree! Smile

I am of the opinion however that Devialet has to take this very seriously, no matter if 20, 40, 100 or 1000 would in the end sign up. The 98 that signed thus far is quite a lot, they wouldn't comfortably fit in my living room! Wink Devialet not taking this seriously would not be a smart thing to do and would IMO show ill will and even utter contempt.

RE: AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign - Womaz - 10-Jul-2016

I honestly do not think they will take it seriously. I have give up on AIR but I still signed the petition as I admire the stance you are taking. For me it just got too frustrating and I had to eventually just get back to finding a workable solution to listen to music.

I have said it in the past and I repeat it now , that I have no idea how Devialet get away with it..........that is why I hope you get some joy.

RE: AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign - Antoine - 10-Jul-2016

Hi Womaz,

Not sure if you addressed me or 'you' is meant in plural but just to be clear, it's Georgethesixth who started the petition (but I do back him fully, even though I no longer use AIR). Smile

They can be sure things'll intensify if they don't take it seriously/choose to not respond. And I don't mean that as a threat.

RE: AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign - Womaz - 10-Jul-2016

Hi Antoine

I was addressing all the members who have backed the original poster I guess. I am the sane as you I don't use AIR , or should I say couldn't :-)

RE: AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign - Vincent - 10-Jul-2016

Just signed and hit 100 - For me it's less about Air, which with Air 3 on Mac works pretty much (but not entirely) perfectly, but more about engagement with the user community.  There are two major components to my listening experience - my stunning Devialet 200, which is the best amp I've owned by a fair distance, and the Roon front end to curate and control my listening.  The contrast in engagement between the two organisations is striking.  The Roon guys & girls actively engage with the user community to both support the users on a day to day basis, and help prioritise Roon's efforts in developing a product which is the best it can possibly be for the people using it.  Devialet take an "Apple like" approach, being tight lipped on the technology itself & roadmap (which is somewhat understandable) but make zero effort to acknowledge the priorities and concerns of their users.  The big difference between Apple and Devialet is the user base.  Apple sell a lot of iPhones.  Higher end hifi is a niche product for a particularly obsessive and "unusual" community of those of us lucky enough to have the disposable income to indulge ourselves.  However, get it right for us, you get it right for the masses, and have more of a chance to get your product in many, many more homes.  So, please talk to us, we're easy to find.....

RE: AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign - Confused - 10-Jul-2016

I have just checked my emails, I received a 'Zendesk' notification about a post on the beta AIR page of Devialet's website. The post was as follows:

'A Devialet user has started a petition which is currently doing the rounds on audio forums and press, and was borne out of his frustration with AIR being faulty for two years, and Devialet's complete lack of transparency and communication about the matter. Anyone having suffered AIR issues should sign.'

Anyway, checking Devialet's website, they have deleted this post. So at least that tells us that they are reading it! They can't delete the Zendesk trail though can they?

To be fair, I am guessing that this is simply a case of a Devialet employee getting a Zendesk notification, thinking 'ummm, this doesn't look good' and deciding to go in the system and delete. I suspect this will be a talking point at the Devialet office water cooler in the morning. Some have voiced the opinion that this petition is a waste of time, but if it is being noticed at Devialet at any level, if it just starts creeping into their thoughts, it can only be a good thing I think.