Devialet Chat
So, who is planning to upgrade to a Pro? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: What The Polls Say (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-What-The-Polls-Say)
+--- Thread: So, who is planning to upgrade to a Pro? (/Thread-So-who-is-planning-to-upgrade-to-a-Pro)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: So, who is planning to upgrade to a Pro? - ozthepoz - 01-Aug-2016

Just for the record, I will be upgrading, I think. As I mentioned on another thread, I don't want miss out on future developments.

Having said that, I applied the same logic to my D-Premier -> 250 upgrade and that didn't quite work out for me, value-wise.

Still, I think my relationship with Devialet will be a long-term one, so upgrade first, and then consider a second box at some distant point in the future.

RE: So, who is planning to upgrade to a Pro? - Peter van der Laarse - 01-Aug-2016

Money talks:
Last week - wednesday July 27th 2016 - I bought an upgrade from my 200 to the 440PRO. The upgrade to a 220PRO will be delivered first week in oktober (after holiday). I am paying in advance first week of september 2016. The 440 companion will be delivered (I hope) in November 2016.
Last week I received my renewed Clearaudio turntable (bought 2005 and re-invested € 18.600 from October 2015 untill now on) Wow, what a Devialet sound! Clearaudio looks like Devialet: fully upgradable. The communication is far better in Germany: you can contact the factory and ask what to pay for which possibilities. Open and transparant. Ideas Paris?

RE: So, who is planning to upgrade to a Pro? - Nygaardinc - 01-Aug-2016

As a 120 owner it's a nobrainer

?

RE: So, who is planning to upgrade to a Pro? - SteveO... - 02-Aug-2016

As a D400 owner this is very much not a no-brainer. I need to see tangible benefits, not vapourware, before I will consider it. To be honest, the way the 120/200 upgrade pricing is structured has p***ed me off so it's going to be a "hard sell".

RE: So, who is planning to upgrade to a Pro? - Dr Tone - 02-Aug-2016

IMO, it's allot of money for a minor improvement in measurable performance. So no I'm not upgrading.

RE: So, who is planning to upgrade to a Pro? - misterpete - 02-Aug-2016

My D200 sounds wonderful and streaming is perfect with the new beta version of AIR so if I have a spare £3000 I think it would be better spent on a speaker upgrade.

RE: So, who is planning to upgrade to a Pro? - misterpete - 02-Aug-2016

(02-Aug-2016, 20:47)misterpete Wrote: My D200 sounds wonderful and streaming is perfect with the new beta version of AIR so if I have a spare £3000 I think it would be better spent on a speaker upgrade.

In addition, if I was to upgrade, surely it would be better to buy a used 120 (prices at the moment £2200-2500) add the upgrade to 220pro total cost £5500. I then sell my 200 for a bargain £3500, total cost of upgrade £2000!

RE: So, who is planning to upgrade to a Pro? - G-Vialet - 02-Aug-2016

(02-Aug-2016, 20:59)misterpete Wrote:
(02-Aug-2016, 20:47)misterpete Wrote: My D200 sounds wonderful and streaming is perfect with the new beta version of AIR so if I have a spare £3000 I think it would be better spent on a speaker upgrade.

In addition, if I was to upgrade, surely it would be better to buy a used 120 (prices at the moment £2200-2500) add the upgrade to 220pro total cost £5500. I then sell my 200 for a bargain £3500, total cost of upgrade £2000!

Being a happy 120 owner, which now sounds even more brilliant with the latest FW and the Mutec, I really need to listen to a 220Pro at home first before I could get the upgrade approved by my Finance Business Partner Blush , and that might be tricky since the dealers don't seem to benefit from the upgrade program.
It's very tempting for a 120 though, but still needs to make a clear step forward with reagrds to the sq and I am pretty impressed what I am hearing now. Won't be an early adopter, that's for sure.

RE: So, who is planning to upgrade to a Pro? - dylanttt - 03-Aug-2016

i have a 400 and would rather buy another 200 maybe secondhand for the same cost as the upgrade, which would make a D600

RE: So, who is planning to upgrade to a Pro? - Pim - 03-Aug-2016

I think if (Yes that's a big IF, I know) Devialet gets AIR working 100% there much less need for a streamer board. So the sound quality must then be the only reason for an upgrade. And since the Experts already sound so good...