Devialet Chat
Craig1512 HiFi System - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Your Systems (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Your-Systems)
+--- Thread: Craig1512 HiFi System (/Thread-Craig1512-HiFi-System)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Craig1512 HiFi System - Axel - 11-Aug-2016

(10-Aug-2016, 15:24)Craig1512 Wrote:
(10-Aug-2016, 10:45)helloworld1978 Wrote: Very nice setup. Curious to know if the Diamond Coax is RCA-RCA or RCA-AES.

AQ Diamond coax is RCA-RCA, I didn't realise at the time you could use RCA-AES until I read in another thread on here, would be interesting to do a comparison, but RCA-AES is a special order for an Audioquest Diamond, not sure I want to outlay the money to answer the question!

You will be surprised at how much better the RCA/AES connection is than RCA/RCA.

RE: Craig1512 HiFi System - Confused - 11-Aug-2016

(11-Aug-2016, 05:22)Axel Wrote:
(10-Aug-2016, 15:24)Craig1512 Wrote:
(10-Aug-2016, 10:45)helloworld1978 Wrote: Very nice setup. Curious to know if the Diamond Coax is RCA-RCA or RCA-AES.

AQ Diamond coax is RCA-RCA, I didn't realise at the time you could use RCA-AES until I read in another thread on here, would be interesting to do a comparison, but RCA-AES is a special order for an Audioquest Diamond, not sure I want to outlay the money to answer the question!

You will be surprised at how much better the RCA/AES connection is than RCA/RCA.
I would agree that using RCA/AES is better than RCA/RCA.  I did discuss this point with Devialet's Chief Design Engineer at the OAC 1000 Pro launch event.  His view was that RCA-AES is fractionally better, he said it did not matter if you used a 75 of 100 ohm cable, but if you want to use the theoretical optimum solution then go with a cable with a 75 / 110 ohm transformer.  The only cable I know that fits this description is the offering form Audioprana, which is about 300 euros or so, depending on spec.  Recommended!  (I like mine at least)

RE: Craig1512 HiFi System - Hualapai - 11-Aug-2016

Compliments for your system Craig!!
Very cool!
David

RE: Craig1512 HiFi System - Craig1512 - 11-Aug-2016

(10-Aug-2016, 23:59)kerkhoffd Wrote:
(10-Aug-2016, 17:38)helloworld1978 Wrote:
(10-Aug-2016, 15:24)Craig1512 Wrote: AQ Diamond coax is RCA-RCA, I didn't realise at the time you could use RCA-AES until I read in another thread on here, would be interesting to do a comparison, but RCA-AES is a special order for an Audioquest Diamond, not sure I want to outlay the money to answer the question!

I had to return my AudioQuest Diamond coax RCA-RCA because it would not play anything above 24/96. Spoke to an AudioQuest representative and he informed me that it's a known issue. The only way to solve the issue was to remove the batteries from the ABS pack. I was also told that this issue seems to mainly affect the Devialet DAC.

I had the same problem using a Diamond between my source and the Devialet. This issue also seems to disappear if you use the coax or BNC > AES/EBU connection. I tried this out with a simple coax/XLR converter and it works. Sending my Diamond back to AudioQuest to be reterminated in a week.

Okay, I see there is another thread on this subject over at tweaker's corner, I'll jump over there and repeat this. I only have 5 "hi Res" albums purchased and downloaded from hdtracks, 2 of those albums are 24/192, Steely Dan - Gaucho and Cat Stevens - Tea for the tillerman, both play fine on my system. They are both in AIFF format. The Aurender app shows the file as 24/192, the LCD screen on the Aurender shows playing at 24/192. I just checked to be sure and playing now.