Devialet Chat
Upgrade program kick-off - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Upgrade program kick-off (/Thread-Upgrade-program-kick-off)

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - JohnWyatt34 - 07-Oct-2016

(07-Oct-2016, 14:20)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(07-Oct-2016, 14:14)JohnWyatt34 Wrote:
(07-Oct-2016, 14:07)Antoine Wrote: That's weird I thought I read somewhere they also exchange the back connector plate for a copper one and thus also new model designation and serial number stickers. In my D-Premier -> 250 upgrade they also changed these stickers.

I meant the removable back cover, nog the connector plate, that is indeed copper now. Here's a picture of a black version in which you can see the text on the plate (Devialet and d-premier underneath it).

Ah, I get it. So were the matte black/white ones the only one to have D-Premier written on the outside of the cover?  Were they special editions?

I think so. They were only available for a short period of time before the 110/170 and 240 came out.

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Celts88 - 07-Oct-2016

(07-Oct-2016, 14:20)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(07-Oct-2016, 14:14)JohnWyatt34 Wrote:
(07-Oct-2016, 14:07)Antoine Wrote: That's weird I thought I read somewhere they also exchange the back connector plate for a copper one and thus also new model designation and serial number stickers. In my D-Premier -> 250 upgrade they also changed these stickers.

I meant the removable back cover, nog the connector plate, that is indeed copper now. Here's a picture of a black version in which you can see the text on the plate (Devialet and d-premier underneath it).

Ah, I get it. So were the matte black/white ones the only one to have D-Premier written on the outside of the cover?  Were they special editions?

One of mine is still quite clear (can clearly see the Devialet name, but no so much D-Premier), but the other is mostly faded (they sit at the back of my front room so can't see the plates when sitting listening to music so no big deal to me).

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Antoine - 07-Oct-2016

Thank you John. I misunderstood and had actually forgotten the black and white D-Premiers have the brand and type printed on the back cover plate. Enjoy the Pro upgrade! Smile

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Mka - 07-Oct-2016

Any idea what they are doing with the remote during the upgrade process? I just received the notification that my D1000pro has left the factory an it is on it´s way back to munich.

Anyone interested in a A/B Session OdA / D1000PRO next weekend in Munich?

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Pim - 07-Oct-2016

(07-Oct-2016, 17:38)Mka Wrote: Any idea what they are doing with the remote during the upgrade process? I just received the notification that my D1000pro has left the factory an it is on it´s way back to munich.

Anyone interested in a A/B Session OdA / D1000PRO next weekend in Munich?

I am but being about 20,000km away I'll have to settle for your judgement   Confused

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Peter van der Laarse - 09-Oct-2016

The soundquality of the 220PRO is really a setp further then the 200, especially when it is playing at a low volume. It is coming more and more to life in the last 48 hours. Listened a lot to the television (Crimes on BBC1 in DD5.1, ZDF live shows are always the best) and it is a marvel.
But I must say that the differences between new (2812, 2912) Quads, older ones (2805, 2912) and ancient ones (988, 989, 63, 57) are much-much larger then upgrading from a Devialet 200 to a Devialet 220PRO. And Quad full-range electrostatics are the best in representing details, colour-free-undistorted sound and their famous dissapparing act. No other speaker can regardless of price. Öke, when you prepare the room. I think with a lot of speakers the differences between the PRO and the older models will not be so big again as with a speaker upgrade. The chain is as strong as the weakest link?

But that said, my wife and I were severall times more convinced somebody was at our door, one of hour telephones was going off, etc. etc. A good friend of mine was crying when she heared Elvis on the Stax headphones driven by Devialet 220. "It is as he is back again and here with me.... How good can an amplifier/ headphone be.....

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - iamwappie - 10-Oct-2016

Just got a mail from Judith that my Le220 pro is on its way back to his boss. Really excited coming from a Le120. Should arive tomorrow end of day :-)

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Mka - 10-Oct-2016

Just finished the unboxing of my upgraded D1000pro. I have no Idea what polishing magic they do, but both devices look brand new. As with the dpremier upgrade they com with complete new boxes, but this time they added the new power cables and trigger and companion cable. (I haven´t shipped them in the first place)
The outer appearance changed due to the white power button and the black inlay in the remote. (Liked the old one better :-( )

Looking forward to hear the first tracks.....

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Hifi_swlon - 10-Oct-2016

Nice, so looks like there will be a few coming through now.

I wonder why they decided to go black for the remotes but change the power button to white?

Mka, do you think you would be able to tell if they are definitely your old cases (refurbished) or not? Same for the remote. Just wonder whether for speed they may swap them for previously refurbished ones, just to save time for each individuals upgrade. If not I guess they must have a machine for it in-house or some skilled labour - would they polish cases at the same factory that builds and assembles electronics? Either way, sounds like a great result.

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - sam1000 - 10-Oct-2016

MKA, please post your first impressions when you get a chance.