Devialet Chat
Upgrade program kick-off - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Upgrade program kick-off (/Thread-Upgrade-program-kick-off)

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Confused - 14-Oct-2016

(14-Oct-2016, 14:01)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(14-Oct-2016, 12:54)Confused Wrote: I can't comment on the 220 Pro, I have not yet had the chance to hear one.  However, based on my audition of the 1000 Pro versus the D800, I have to say that the 'Pro' improvements are vastly greater than any differences between firmware, the Pro was a step up, moving to another class of performance.  In fact, I have just double checked the post I made after the 1000 Pro audition, I wrote 'the Pro is one big step up'.  Then in the Devialet alternatives thread, after listening to the Chord DAVE and dCS Debussy DAC's I wrote 'I have to say, that taking everything into account, the Devialet's functionality, versatility and the shear performance of the Pro, it's a slum dunk victory for Devialet.'

So there you go!

I wasn't ruling your comments out Confused (just in case you took it personally) and they've been well and truly noted.  But yours was prior to Rufus 'laying down the gauntlet', and also a bit higher up the ladder than us down at the 200 level. Your jump was Pro, plus about 200W, and all x2 because of the monos.

Still, you didn't cry. So far only Pim has given us the ultimate feedback, and that was with an OdA.  Big Grin
No, I didn't take it personally!  In fact, I'm kind of with you and Rufus in that I'm very surprised that we've made it all the way to mid October with so few reports of the Pro amps.  OK, there have been one of two posts, but nothing near the number I was expecting by now.

As for my audition of the 1000 Pro, I do actually recall getting a bit emotional at one point.  Does that count?  It might just have been my hormones of course. Shy

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Finn - 14-Oct-2016

I hope more people Will tell US about pro models becorse almost nobody tell , is it becorse devialet Don,t sell much, or people Think 3000 Euro is NOT What they Would pay ??

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - 4tLotM - 14-Oct-2016

In the last time there are too many questions and no real answers. I'm still waiting for my upgraded D-Premier and i'm feeling a kind of sick without my Music. I'm really satisfied with my D-Premier and in my nightmares the 250 pro comes back and sound not the way i used to. I know that SQ depends on the personal system, music genre and soundtaste. I hope in ten days i can give more answers. My first music will be: Gus Black-Paranoid, Jackie Leven - Marble City Bar Live, Al di Meola J.Mc L. Paco d. L.- Mediterranean Sundance-Rio Ancho Live in San Francisco, Charlie Haden - Waltz for Ruth, Dave Brubeck - Unsquare Dance, Yello - Oh Yeah 2009, Jo Bartmes - Wake Me Up, Beyoncé - Partition,...
I'm still nervous. Dodgy  Huh .

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Pim - 14-Oct-2016

Something to keep in mind when upgrading is that it is quite possible for the Pro to be more transparant to the source. So, if your source isn't up to the job, you could well end up with a worse sounding system overall. If that happens you could either buy a better source or hope for the streamer board to be the ultimate in sound quality.
And then there's the issue of being able to hear everything that's wrong with the recording... which is why I still believe in using tone controls. Not that I use them much anymore; Not since I got the Od'A  Big Grin

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Dr Tone - 14-Oct-2016

(14-Oct-2016, 19:15)Confused Wrote:
(14-Oct-2016, 12:54)Confused Wrote: I can't comment on the 220 Pro, I have not yet had the chance to hear one.  However, based on my audition of the 1000 Pro versus the D800, I have to say that the 'Pro' improvements are vastly greater than any differences between firmware, the Pro was a step up, moving to another class of performance.  In fact, I have just double checked the post I made after the 1000 Pro audition, I wrote 'the Pro is one big step up'.  Then in the Devialet alternatives thread, after listening to the Chord DAVE and dCS Debussy DAC's I wrote 'I have to say, that taking everything into account, the Devialet's functionality, versatility and the shear performance of the Pro, it's a slum dunk victory for Devialet.'

So there you go!

I wasn't ruling your comments out Confused (just in case you took it personally) and they've been well and truly noted.  But yours was prior to Rufus 'laying down the gauntlet', and also a bit higher up the ladder than us down at the 200 level. Your jump was Pro, plus about 200W, and all x2 because of the monos.

Still, you didn't cry. So far only Pim has given us the ultimate feedback, and that was with an OdA.  Big Grin
No, I didn't take it personally!  In fact, I'm kind of with you and Rufus in that I'm very surprised that we've made it all the way to mid October with so few reports of the Pro amps.  OK, there have been one of two posts, but nothing near the number I was expecting by now.

As for my audition of the 1000 Pro, I do actually recall getting a bit emotional at one point.  Does that count?  It might just have been my hormones of course. Shy

My dealer told me he isn't even promoting the Pro yet.  Units just became available to Canada a few days ago.  The almost 50% price jump is a little frustrating to him and believes it will be a hard to sell to new clients and existing clients alike. He doesn't promote the upgrades as it's ridiculously priced and done outside the dealer network here.  Used prices have dropped and it's not worth his clients even trading up.  His recommendation is if it ain't broke don't fix it.

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - wwm - 14-Oct-2016

(14-Oct-2016, 19:15)Confused Wrote:

So there you go!

No, Confused, nothing to do with your hormones as I was also moved when I compared my 800 with a 1000 pro, the upgrade is very much worthwhile and that is why my 800 is in France at the moment.
Anyway, your comments following your Oxford visit were certainly positive.
Cheers
Bill.

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - ozthepoz - 15-Oct-2016

I got my 250 Pro back last night - exactly two weeks after it went away.

First observations;
- Packaging is exquisite, as usual. Really feels premium.
- It looks brand new, but I know it's mine because there is a mark on the case.
- I've got a different remote - the one I sent away what white, and I now have a black one. The movement seems lighter, too.
- It ships with a really nice looking power cable - Audioquest NRG X. I'll be using my Transparent cable, but really nice to having something better than the normal bog standard power cable.

I'll be spending the rest of the morning hooking it up and burning it in. Will do a more in-depth review over the next day or so.

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - sven911 - 15-Oct-2016

Only 11 days after shipping Le800 I received Le1000 PRO back home. I am very happy with the upgrade program.
- Premium new packing and new 5 year warranty
- Completely refurbished casing, I am sure I received my original cases back (small dent on the master). Units look as new now.
- 4 Audioquest cables (2x power, rca digital and optical)

No listening yet because we are out for the weekend (bad planning). I only connected them to the power for warming up.

Rolleyes

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Celts88 - 16-Oct-2016

(15-Oct-2016, 10:26)ozthepoz Wrote: I got my 250 Pro back last night - exactly two weeks after it went away.

First observations;
- Packaging is exquisite, as usual. Really feels premium.
- It looks brand new, but I know it's mine because there is a mark on the case.
- I've got a different remote - the one I sent away what white, and I now have a black one. The movement seems lighter, too.
- It ships with a really nice looking power cable - Audioquest NRG X. I'll be using my Transparent cable, but really nice to having something better than the normal bog standard power cable.

I'll be spending the rest of the morning hooking it up and burning it in. Will do a more in-depth review over the next day or so.

Oz

Can't wait to hear what you think of your 250Pro. I've got a pair of D-Premiers and am waiting for the upgrade programme to start here in Oz (got to assume the Oz in your username doesn't mean you live in Oz, just an expat overseas maybe).

Realise you want to let the burn-in process take it's time, but waiting with bated breath to hear your thoughts  Big Grin

Enjoy your new (upgraded) toy  Tongue

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - michaelrp2 - 16-Oct-2016

I have been a long time Devialet user, starting with one of the early D-Prems, doing the upgrade programme to D250 and now D250Pro. Each upgrade has provided a significant performance improvement and for me the Pro is the most significant. The bass is well control, the details are far better resolved and the pace and soundstage are better too. DEVIALET's service is second to none and therefurb and packaging I said excellent. I am using my amp with Raidho D1 speakers, a new LP12 Akurate and an Apple Mac running Audirvana. Hope helps inform. For me this upgrade is a no brainer.