Devialet Chat
Upgrade program kick-off - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Upgrade program kick-off (/Thread-Upgrade-program-kick-off)

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Nightmare - 20-Oct-2016

How should they implement Roon without a streaming board?

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - mdconnelly - 20-Oct-2016

I think if they would commit to RoonReady via the new streaming board it would make the new board and upgrade program far more appealing.

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - octaviars - 20-Oct-2016

(20-Oct-2016, 17:42)Nightmare Wrote: How should they implement Roon without a streaming board?

That is not possible. 

The streamer needs some sort of more poweful processor to handle Roon and with the new streamerboard there will be a ARM processor I think so it must be possible to fix it.

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - actx76092 - 20-Oct-2016

While I hope they make Roon avail via the new streaming board I highly doubt they will. It doesn't make any sense based on their current plans and products. They have developed the Dialog and Spark to provide streaming and music control and based on the (apparent) sales of the Phantoms there is push from customers for it on the Phantom. They could have just as easily made the Dialog a simple device for Roon (raspberry pi?). Devialet wants control of the experience (think Apple). . .and this means, IMO, no direct support of Roon.

If they were interested in Roon it would have been available in the Dialog already. . .and, if you browse the Roon Community you can see a few comments here and there from the Roon guys that Devialet is not interested. Additionally, the new streamer board will retail for 1500 Euro. . .that price indicates to me a lot of custom development, etc. NOT slapping Roon on. . .

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - baddog - 20-Oct-2016

(20-Oct-2016, 11:29)BrianT Wrote: I'm in Ottawa Canada, got the Email yesterday placed the upgrade order 6:00pm est for my D400
Pickup is Monday 24, lets see what happens, will keep all informed.

Brian

Did you just need the UPS label, no packaging materials. If yes, did you already receive it or did they notify you when to expect it? Or is the dealer taking care of pickup for you?

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - banjanas - 20-Oct-2016

(20-Oct-2016, 13:33)Drifter Wrote: Just received an e-mail from Devialet, as a response to a helpdesk ticket that I created, providing me with a discount code.

I still can't seem to access the online store though ....

So you did get a discount for the upgrade of a 120 (purchased in 2016) to 220 Pro? I was told that they did not offer that since the deal was so sweet anyway.
May I ask how much it was?

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - BrianT - 20-Oct-2016

(20-Oct-2016, 23:17)baddog Wrote:
(20-Oct-2016, 11:29)BrianT Wrote: I'm in Ottawa Canada, got the Email yesterday placed the upgrade order 6:00pm est for my D400

Brian

Did you just need the UPS label, no packaging materials. If yes, did you already receive it or did they notify you when to expect it? Or is the dealer taking care of pickup for you?

baddog

I need the large outer box to put both units in, UPS is suppose to be delivering the box and label to my office on Monday.
Lets see what happens.

Brian

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - baddog - 20-Oct-2016

(20-Oct-2016, 23:30)BrianT Wrote:

Brian

baddog

I need the large outer box to put both units in, UPS is suppose to be delivering the box and label to my office on Monday.
Lets see what happens.

Brian

Brian - Thanks for letting me know. I need the outer box and label too, however I have not received any notification that I would be receiving them, did you get an email notification from Devialet? Did that arrive soon after you placed your order?

Ordered Monday and radio silence so far....Wink

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Axel - 21-Oct-2016

Brian

baddog

Lets see what happens.

Brian

I bought my 200s separately. The transport box for one of my 200s (the one I bought first) is large enough for extra u shaped foam pieces to cradle the black 200 case.  When they sent my new boxes, I was surprised to see that the black case  is a snug fit in its transport box with no padding. The two 200 boxes then fit snugly into the outer box. I mention this for people who are requesting boxes for their Devs. Get the whole set, it could save you headaches.

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - BrianT - 21-Oct-2016

(20-Oct-2016, 23:31)baddog Wrote:
(20-Oct-2016, 23:17)baddog Wrote: Did you just need the UPS label, no packaging materials. If yes, did you already receive it or did they notify you when to expect it? Or is the dealer taking care of pickup for you?

baddog

Lets see what happens.

Brian

Brian - Thanks for letting me know. I need the outer box and label too, however I have not received any notification that I would be receiving them, did you get an email notification from Devialet? Did that arrive soon after you placed your order?

Ordered Monday and radio silence so far....Wink
baddog

No Email, just took the dates from the order page, maybe i'm presuming to much Angry 

Brian