Devialet Chat
Upgrade program kick-off - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Upgrade program kick-off (/Thread-Upgrade-program-kick-off)

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - baddog - 24-Oct-2016

What does a slight notch mean? Slight resistance when first turning the knob?

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - BrianT - 24-Oct-2016

baddog

I received a shipping box today, but no UPS shipping label
I hoping I get that by Email in a day or so.

Brian

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - baddog - 24-Oct-2016

Brian - congratulations! I am told they are "escalating" the issue of my packaging and labels, so maybe I will get them soon. They said everything is sent out from France. Odd they cannot just email you a label you can print out and add to the box.

Barr

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Axel - 25-Oct-2016

(24-Oct-2016, 21:54)baddog Wrote: What does a slight notch mean? Slight resistance when first turning the knob?

When turning the knob, at one point there is slight resistance. You can go past it, then turn the other way to get back to it. It has no effect on the sound. It is maybe meant to be a reference point that you can always return to. For example, if I leave the remote in the notch position and turn the amp on, that notch represents the -35 dB that my amps default to and I can easily find that position by going back to the notch. Hope you understand my long winded explanation! Smile

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - baddog - 25-Oct-2016

Thanks Axel - very clear explanation, I appreciate it.

(24-Oct-2016, 23:15)baddog Wrote: Brian - congratulations! I am told they are "escalating" the issue of my packaging and labels, so maybe I will get them soon. They said everything is sent out from France. Odd they cannot just email you a label you can print out and add to the box.

Barr

Barr, I had to keep pestering Devialet for the boxes. Keep going at 'em!

Congratulations to all you guys that have decided to take the plunge. You will be bowled over by the improvements across the board.

Alex.

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - baddog - 25-Oct-2016

Thanks Alex - I am going to give them a day and if I don't hear anything, will call them directly this time. I cannot imagine it is very difficult to get packaging and a UPS label shipped out. Not sure why they aren't using their USA location to do that for them.

I thought waiting for the Devialet to be returned was going to be the hard part, didn't realize that the hard part was getting the shipping material. In the end I am sure it will be worth it, appreciate your updates.

Barr

(25-Oct-2016, 01:24)baddog Wrote: Thanks Alex - I am going to give them a day and if I don't hear anything, will call them directly this time. I cannot imagine it is very difficult to get packaging and a UPS label shipped out. Not sure why they aren't using their USA location to do that for them.

I thought waiting for the Devialet to be returned was going to be the hard part, didn't realize that the hard part was getting the shipping material. In the end I am sure it will be worth it, appreciate your updates.

Barr

According to Devialet, the fault lies with the logistics of UPS. My boxes were due on a certain date, but didn't turn up until the day after because the driver had too much of a load on.

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - aftonomos - 25-Oct-2016

Reassuring to hear that I'm not the only one having  trouble getting the necessary shipping materials and labels from Devialet.  Online ordering process did not give much feedback or guidance. I emailed them for  an update 3 days ago- no response yet.

Had an online chat with "Antonin" this AM, who was very nice but condescending and told me "...not to worry. We do this all the time..." (not certain what that means-confuse our customers?) and that he works with the Phantom line- so not really much help.  I'll wait to see if the shipping supplies show up- the charge on my credit card has already appeared!

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - maxijazz - 25-Oct-2016

(24-Oct-2016, 20:11)Axel Wrote: Have you noticed a slight "notch" in the operation of the remote. Mine certainly has a detent.

I have one ever since i bought D200 (manufactured at end of 2014). Sometimes it bothers me so much, that i want to claim replacement under warranty. Only fear of loosing the remote for weeks stopped me.