Devialet Chat
Upgrade program kick-off - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Upgrade program kick-off (/Thread-Upgrade-program-kick-off)

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Antoine - 13-Dec-2016

(13-Dec-2016, 19:54)AllenB Wrote: Just a quick question - do your Pro's click when switching on / off? Sounds like a soft click from the power supply.

Yes, they do. The non Pro's do as well (at least mine did). No doubt it's a relay switch.

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - AllenB - 13-Dec-2016

(13-Dec-2016, 20:01)Antoine Wrote:
(13-Dec-2016, 19:54)AllenB Wrote: Just a quick question - do your Pro's click when switching on / off? Sounds like a soft click from the power supply.

Yes, they do. The non Pro's do as well (at least mine did). No doubt it's a relay switch.

Thanks Antoine, have to say I never heard it on my 200, much more pronounced on the 220.

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Damon - 13-Dec-2016

I have heard it once on my amp, but I usually turn it on with the remote and I am usually about 10' - 12'/ 4m away from the amp. It is a soft click, as you describe. I'll go over to it next time I wake it up, just to check.

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Antoine - 13-Dec-2016

(13-Dec-2016, 20:04)AllenB Wrote:

Thanks Antoine, have to say I never heard it on my 200, much more pronounced on the 220.

It is a 'gentle' click especially compared to other equipment I have like my TV. My room is rather quiet and is acoustically treated so that may explain why I always hear it.

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Xander - 13-Dec-2016

I notice it also switching source... I think it's a relay, no problems with it.

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Hifi_swlon - 13-Dec-2016

(13-Dec-2016, 20:04)AllenB Wrote:

Never heard it on my 200 either. The 250's a lot more pronounced. I like it - feels a bit more like a real amp. Big Grin (they probably do it through DSP and FPGA knowing Devialet)

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - ekal - 13-Dec-2016

Just placed the order for 120 -> 220pro. After that I got an email saying I would receive "the casing and cardboard box" although I just stated on the order form that already have those... so are they really sending everyone additional boxes (and the UPS label only after those)? I'd just like to get things moving sooner than later.

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Damon - 13-Dec-2016

ekal,

It was the same thing for me. I had all the original packaging so did not need the 'casing'. The electronic shipping label should take about a week. Even though they mention a box I don't think you will get one- just the labels. Then you print three copies, I think, and call UPS. Then the really hard part starts; the waiting.

It is no minor upgrade; it is a big jump up. But you can bolster your post-count by reporting on your feelings about the new amp.

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - bernardl - 14-Dec-2016

Should have my 250 Pro back before the weekend, looking forward to that!

Cheers,
Bernard

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - noir - 14-Dec-2016

i just got word that both my Premiers are back from the upgrade; now that was fast!
UPS collected them on Monday 12, and they're at home already... really commendable.

Maybe i should take off the rest of the week, i fear tonight i won't get much sleep...