Devialet Chat
Upgrade program kick-off - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Upgrade program kick-off (/Thread-Upgrade-program-kick-off)

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - midi - 23-Sep-2016

Today I´ve given my Expert in the hands of my dealer, to handle the upgrade for me. Let us see, who will be first...

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - mdconnelly - 23-Sep-2016

(23-Sep-2016, 16:20)actx76092 Wrote: Any new info on US upgrade timeline?

I've asked this question of Devialet support but got a very vague answer.   I'm sure it'll happen but who knows when.  Any US owners or dealers have any solid info?

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - jfp - 25-Sep-2016

I received the upgrade mail 8 days ago. I asked them in return how much time I have to decide and get the Stream card for free later.
6000 euros is quite an amount and no real feedback yet.

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Hifi_swlon - 26-Sep-2016

(25-Sep-2016, 20:24)jfp Wrote: I received the upgrade mail 8 days ago. I asked them in return how much time I have to decide and get the Stream card for free later.
6000 euros is quite an amount and no real feedback yet.

I believe it's December according to some other posts here.

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Hualapai - 26-Sep-2016

..as inquiries concerning me I've decided not to upgrade for my D200 with the new 802D3 but I'll buy the other D200 (used) and I will have D400.
I spoke with with differents dealer in Italy and I asked to Devialet about my system and they told me to buy D200.
I think that the upgrade more than improve the sound, the upgrade, will be open for the future new software and for me is not important to have 20 of power more Wink

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Nightmare - 26-Sep-2016

I got just the same recommendation from Paris.
Not to upgrade, but to go for another (used) D250.

Surprising?! Rolleyes

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - GuillaumeB - 26-Sep-2016

(26-Sep-2016, 12:57)Nightmare Wrote: I got just the same recommendation from Paris.

Surprising?! Rolleyes

I'm not sure it is quite frankly... Devialet have always held that dual mono is the way to go, for a number of reasons.

They have also always maintained that you can never have enough power... so 250W v 800W?

You can always upgrade the units later to 1kW and all the other goodies...

Guillaume

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - jfp - 26-Sep-2016

Received a personal mail from D. They thought I had a 200... Confirmation that the Os card for free is for an upgrade before 31/12/2016

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - iamwappie - 26-Sep-2016

(26-Sep-2016, 16:12)jfp Wrote: Received a personal mail from D. They thought I had a 200... Confirmation that the Os card for free is for an upgrade before 31/12/2016

Shouldn't that be 2017? That is at least what they said in previous messages and sound logical given that the time between the upgrade program and the release of the OS card would be too short to not combine the two.

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Nightmare - 26-Sep-2016

(26-Sep-2016, 12:59)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(26-Sep-2016, 12:57)Nightmare Wrote: I got just the same recommendation from Paris.

Surprising?! Rolleyes

I'm not sure it is quite frankly... Devialet have always held that dual mono is the way to go, for a number of reasons.

They have also always maintained that you can never have enough power... so 250W v 800W?

You can always upgrade the units later to 1kW and all the other goodies...

Guillaume

"All the other goodies" is good Rolleyes

In consequence that would mean, that every owner of a single unit would be better adviced not upgrade but go for another unit to improve the soundquality.