Devialet Chat
Help needed. 440 trouble - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Support Desk (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Support-Desk)
+--- Thread: Help needed. 440 trouble (/Thread-Help-needed-440-trouble)

Pages: 1 2

Help needed. 440 trouble - Axel - 30-Oct-2016

Switched everything on as normal. Sonus>Mutec>440 via AES/EBU. No sound out of left channel and highly distorted sound from right. Confused All other inputs OK. Got to figure out a Different connection method from the Mutec into the Dev, which is easy but I've got nothing with an AES/EBU out to check the D's input.

Anyone got any ideas?  Huh

Alex.

Edit. Headphone output is normal! So it can't be the Mutec or cable.

RE: Help needed. 440 trouble - Axel - 30-Oct-2016

Decided to re-load FW 10.0.5 and Now everything's fine. So I assume that it must be possible for firmware corruption inside the D? Very strange.  Confused

RE: Help needed. 440 trouble - Confused - 30-Oct-2016

(30-Oct-2016, 14:27)Axel Wrote: Decided to re-load FW 10.0.5 and Now everything's fine. So I assume that it must be possible for firmware corruption inside the D? Very strange.  Confused

That's a little concerning.  I presume you plan to report this to Devialet?  This would be one query deserving of properly considered technical response.

RE: Help needed. 440 trouble - BrianT - 30-Oct-2016

(30-Oct-2016, 14:27)Axel Wrote: Decided to re-load FW 10.0.5 and Now everything's fine. So I assume that it must be possible for firmware corruption inside the D? Very strange.  Confused

Glad you got it going OK

Brian

(30-Oct-2016, 14:49)Confused Wrote:

That's a little concerning.  I presume you plan to report this to Devialet?  This would be one query deserving of properly considered technical response.

They were my first port of call, but being Sunday, didn't expect any reply apart from the automated one.

(30-Oct-2016, 15:05)BrianT Wrote:

Glad you got it going OK

Brian

Cheers Brian. You think "f*~k!! It's broken!! Back to France! Will it be back by Christmas?!?"
But, panic over. Disaster averted...

Alex

RE: Help needed. 440 trouble - octaviars - 30-Oct-2016

I think I have seen something like this before on other firmwares. I know I had it on FW8 when it came and you used phono input the sound was really distorted and no sound in one channel but that did not help reload and Devialet came out with a new FW a couple of days later that fixed that.

It was the same firmware and configuration files that had been working perfectly since I got the amps back.

RE: Help needed. 440 trouble - thumb5 - 30-Oct-2016

Maybe it was a complete power-down and re-start that sorted it out? (Rather than re-loading the firmware.) Anyway, glad it's fixed without too much bother.

RE: Help needed. 440 trouble - octaviars - 30-Oct-2016

(30-Oct-2016, 18:27)Axel Wrote: It was the same firmware and configuration files that had been working perfectly since I got the amps back.

No that I saw this got me thinking if I dont got the same problem with my 400 once and as i recall it did not load the configuration file on the companion as it should and only the master made sound and the companion made very wierd sound in it`s speaker. I think I only took out the SD cards and disconnected the power and after that it was ok.