Devialet Chat
Simon's system - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Your Systems (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Your-Systems)
+--- Thread: Simon's system (/Thread-Simon-s-system)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Simon's system - sdn660 - 13-Nov-2016

Actual system: (Updated: august 2023)

Source: Grimm Audio MU1/Roon lifetime/Qobuz Sublime
     Power cable: Shunyata Alpha NR
     AES/EBU cable (Grimm —> D220): Audioquest Diamond

Amp/DAC: Devialet 220 Pro CI.
     Power cable: Shunyata Alpha EF

Speakers: Magico A5
     Speaker cables: Nordost Tyr (2x2.5 meters)

Switch: Buffalo BS-GS2008
     Powersupply: Sbooster BOTW P&P Eco 12V
     Ethernet cable (switch —> Grimm): Audioquest Diamond

Resonance controlRack: Bassocontinuo Lyra XL4 2.0
     Damping feet: Cerabase slimline 

Acoustic room treatment
Rockfon Mono Acoustic (20 m2)

Grimm MU1 - D220 - Magico A5 (Picture: march 2024)

Innuos Zen mk3 - D220 - Magico A5 (Picture: june 2023)

Innuos Zen mk3 - D220 - Wilson Audio Sabrina + Velodyne DD10+  (Picture: january 2020)

Original post:

13-Nov-2016, 02:06  After having owned several systems I decided to upgrade. 

In 2015 my system was: QNAP Nas —> Linn Klimax DS1 —> Cardas Golden Reference XLR interlink cable —> Krell KAV 300i —> Cardas Neutral Reference speaker cable —> Kef Reference 205 + Rel Strata 5 subwoofer.

I am quite happy with my system now. It is a lot better than my former system in every respect.

Aurender X100L - Audioquest diamond USB - D200 - Nordost Tyr - Raidho X2. Ansuz Mainz P power cables. (Picture: december 2016)

RE: Simon's system - G51 - 13-Nov-2016

Wow! So spacious and tidy with a view of the outside.

RE: Simon's system - Axel - 13-Nov-2016

Welcome to Devialet Chat, Simon. That's a very nice looking system, but more importantly, I bet it sounds good too. What do you think of the Rhaidos?

RE: Simon's system - wikeeboy - 13-Nov-2016

Great looking setup!

Did you buy that tv unit, or is it custom made? Looks really clean and i love how the screen looks like it floats above the unit.

RE: Simon's system - baddog - 13-Nov-2016

Wow, great photos, very nice looking, clean looking setup. I too like the "floating" TV stand.

Welcome!

RE: Simon's system - sdn660 - 13-Nov-2016

(13-Nov-2016, 03:03)Axel Wrote: Welcome to Devialet Chat, Simon. That's a very nice looking system, but more importantly, I bet it sounds good too. What do you think of the Rhaidos?

Thank you for your kind words Axel,

The Raidhos are very good. These speakers were a complete surprise to me when I heard them. I wasn’t looking for these speakers, but they were playing in a shop when I was paying a visit. Later I and went back to the shop and auditioned the Raidhos with my D200. To my ears they were the best of the speakers I auditioned. The Raidhos sound very detailed, neutral, and despite the modest dimensions they are capable of producing a clean and solid low end. I really like them a lot.

(13-Nov-2016, 03:18)wikeeboy Wrote: Great looking setup!

Did you buy that tv unit, or is it custom made? Looks really clean and i love how the screen looks like it floats above the unit.

Thanks wikeeboy.

the tv was connected to a tv bench by two aluminium tubes.
So, (partly) custom made.

(13-Nov-2016, 03:21)baddog Wrote: Wow, great photos, very nice looking, clean looking setup. I too like the "floating" TV stand.

Welcome!

Thank you!

RE: Simon's system - blorbed - 20-Nov-2016

Lovely looking system, like the clean/uncluttered look. Did you try the XT-2 before deciding on the X2?

(PS. I'm sure you've probably changed them, but in your picture your right channel speaker connections are out of phase.)

RE: Simon's system - G51 - 20-Nov-2016

Hello, Simon. Which Ansuz power cord are you using? I think it is a natural decision to use Ansuz PC if using Raidho loudspeakers.

P.S. Just noted that it is a Ansuz P power cord.