Devialet Chat
1000 Pro upgrade experience - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet Expert 400/800, Original d'Atelier, Expert 210/440/1000 Pro (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Expert-400-800-Original-d-Atelier-Expert-210-440-1000-Pro)
+--- Thread: 1000 Pro upgrade experience (/Thread-1000-Pro-upgrade-experience)

Pages: 1 2

1000 Pro upgrade experience - KIBM - 04-Dec-2016

Though I would share my D800 to 1000 Pro upgrade experience.

My D800s were picked up from my work in Bristol on the 18th. They were returned on Friday. This was a total of 14 days - wow! A remarkable feat for the high end. I've waited over a year for a tonearm to be built (a very famous one) - I've had components sit at a dealers for a few weeks before been sent for upgrade and then it took 3 months. 

Each Dev now seems about 3kg heavier with their cool copper base and backplates - looks and feels great. They come with Audioquest power cords and an Audioquest Carbon RCA-RCA - thats over £200 worth of freebies. The SD cards are labeled Master and Companion - nice touch. Remotes refurbished to new standard - black logo. Unless you could remember any dings or stains on your casing then they would pass for new units.

Been cooking on repeat for the last two days. They seem significantly louder - normally I listen to well recorded material at -18dB on the D800s. -20dB on the Pros seems equivalent.  The presentation of performers and instruments is significantly more precise and real. I notice it on complex passages where things are better separated and more obvious than before. There is more layering and more going on in the background - some serious imaging that I am now more aware of. It's as if Devialet have removed 'smearing'  The top end is more obvious and clean but paradoxically I would say that overall the sound is slightly richer than the D800.  The bass is stunning, the grip, the speed and the power - brilliant. This is Krell grip with Devialet speed (I say that as an ex-Krell owner). The temperature is cooler - about 10˚C. The new power supply is clearly something special - my speakers have two 10 inch woofers (sealed) each - to make them move air with total domination is something special indeed.

Lots more listening to do but as far as I'm concerned this upgrade is a stunner - significantly better than D-Premier to D500. £3,999, 14 day turnaround, big increase in SQ  - what more could you want or expect from the high end? My dealer said I was the first UK Devialet owner (s/n 011) - the fact that I still have my original D-Premier and remote, now 'pimped' to a sota 1000 Pro, gives me real pride of ownership and is testament to Devialet's promise of upgradability from the start. I have never had a component or service like this.

Vive La France ! 

RE: 1000 Pro upgrade experience - Pim - 04-Dec-2016

Congratulations mate. It's so good to read that people are exited about the upgrade. Here's hoping the same counts for the streamer board. That would be the ultimate!

BTW: time to change your signature Smile

RE: 1000 Pro upgrade experience - Celts88 - 05-Dec-2016

(04-Dec-2016, 23:13)KIBM Wrote: this upgrade is a stunner - significantly better than D-Premier to D500.

KIBM

I've a pair of D-Premiers, and currently getting them upgraded individually as a pair of 250Pro Master's (being Matte Black if I ever had to separate would have Buckley's chance selling a Black Companion on it's own).

You say your D800 to 1000Pro is a bigger step up than your D-P's to D500, so I'm in for a big treat going from D-P's to 1000Pro set-up

RE: 1000 Pro upgrade experience - NickB - 05-Dec-2016

Where are you in N Somerset as that means there are 2 sets of Magico S5's being driven by D1000 Pro very close (in a global sense) to each other.

Nick

RE: 1000 Pro upgrade experience - franchiser - 12-Dec-2016

Aside from a quibble about the use of the word 'freebie' in the context of a paid upgrade, I agree with pretty much everything that KIBM says about the upgrade experience and sonic outcome. Most satisfactory.

RE: 1000 Pro upgrade experience - Rodney Gold - 15-Dec-2016

Also doing the D prem to 2 x 250pros .. also matt black models ..
I requested an upgrade from Devialet , but was told it isnt available to south Africa yet...

RE: 1000 Pro upgrade experience - noir - 15-Dec-2016

I was also upgrading from Dual D-Premiers to 2x250pros.
turnaround was 10 days, but i i live rather close to France

I just hooked them up yesterday evening and gave it a quick listen...
the sound upgrade is stunning, immediately noticeable, not a small leap by any means.

RE: 1000 Pro upgrade experience - Celts88 - 15-Dec-2016

Double post sorry (just noticed I'd already answered about my 2 D-P's upgrade earlier).

One thing I would add is that totally agree with you KIBM, the bass is just stunning, nice and tight, but with plenty of power behind it. Also separation of instruments / vocals is on another level compared to the D-P's.

Other thing I noticed is that when watching movies (I only have a 2.1 set-up), the sound is soooooo much better. Watching a film the other night and first time I've really felt the bass in my guts (even my wife noticed it). Also some of the background music in the films is so clear, especially if there's an acoustic guitar or similar - TV / Films SQ is so much realler now (is that a real word).

And the above just with one 250Pro, so when I get my other 250Pro back in a couple of weeks - SQ  Big Grin  Heart

RE: 1000 Pro upgrade experience - boba2013 - 21-Dec-2016

As this is the 1000 Pro thread, wondering if I could get some guidance.

Just sent in my D250 to be Pro'd, (sp?) and was thinking of acquiring a second D250 to get upgraded to Pro. Is that the best way to get to a 1000Pro or is there a better, smarter route?

Do i have in the end, 2 x 250Pro or is there the ability to get it turned into a 1000Pro? Is there a route with in Devialet to upgrade from 250Pro to 1000 Pro?

Looking to see what options are available.

Thanks

RE: 1000 Pro upgrade experience - f1eng - 21-Dec-2016

(21-Dec-2016, 19:52)boba2013 Wrote: As this is the 1000 Pro thread, wondering if I could get some guidance.

Just sent in my D250 to be Pro'd, (sp?) and was thinking of acquiring a second D250 to get upgraded to Pro. Is that the best way to get to a 1000Pro or is there a better, smarter route?

Do i have in the end, 2 x 250Pro or is there the ability to get it turned into a 1000Pro? Is there a route with in Devialet to upgrade from 250Pro to 1000 Pro?

Looking to see what options are available.

Thanks

Two D250 pros can be configured as a 1000Pro for free using the configurator. You will need a digital link cable so the "talk" to each other, and if you wish to use all the inputs on both, a 3.5mm jack link cable.
If you go to the configurator page you can experiment with the functions available if you choose a D250 pro then "add a Devialet"