Devialet Chat
440 Configurator Issues? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Support Desk (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Support-Desk)
+--- Thread: 440 Configurator Issues? (/Thread-440-Configurator-Issues)

440 Configurator Issues? - teddlesdee - 10-Jan-2017

Anyone noticed issues with Configurator recently?

With my new 440 upgrade I recently tried to 'edit' an existing config file, but found that once I had downloaded to changed file, if I went back to the new version for some reason some alterations were not there! I thought perhaps it was me, but I have done this numerous times, and even started a new on from scratch, with the same problems.

Seems to revolve around ports that mysteriously reactivate themselves, trigger links missing etc!!! e.g. because I want to use BOTH AES/EBU ports (Master & Companion), the configurator suggests I use a trigger wire alongside the usual M/C link. Fine!, but once complete and downloaded, reload the site file later, and lo and behold, no trigger link, and trigger ports blanked out!

Makes me rather nervous that all is not well here!

Damn annoying! Angry

RE: 440 Configurator Issues? - Pim - 11-Jan-2017

(10-Jan-2017, 16:17)teddlesdee Wrote: Anyone noticed issues with Configurator recently?

With my new 440 upgrade I recently tried to 'edit' an existing config file, but found that once I had downloaded to changed file, if I went back to the new version for some reason some alterations were not there! I thought perhaps it was me, but I have done this numerous times, and even started a new on from scratch, with the same problems.

Seems to revolve around ports that mysteriously reactivate themselves, trigger links missing etc!!! e.g. because I want to use BOTH AES/EBU ports (Master & Companion), the configurator suggests I use a trigger wire alongside the usual M/C link. Fine!, but once complete and downloaded, reload the site file later, and lo and behold, no trigger link, and trigger ports blanked out!

Makes me rather nervous that all is not well here!

Damn annoying! Angry

It's been reported in the past that Safari as a browser can have some issues downloading the file. I know that's not the same as the configurator not working right but maybe a different browser can help. Worth a try.

RE: 440 Configurator Issues? - Axel - 11-Jan-2017

You can also have your configuration files emailed to you.

RE: 440 Configurator Issues? - teddlesdee - 11-Jan-2017

(11-Jan-2017, 04:46)Axel Wrote: You can also have your configuration files emailed to you.

Nahh, actually I tried in Google chrome as well as safari - both do the same thing.
Just V annoying having to remember the settings, cos they have been partially lost when opening a saved one.

Also discovered that despite doing all the same things as I did with 400 when updating the Config (both machines), when the master boots, it triggers the companion to boot, but unlike the Master that shows the name of my Config file. the Companion shows 'S1' first time around, but then later seems to load ADH, and for all intent behaves like it has loaded the correct config file... Very odd!

So, I tried again... well 5 times... and each time from totally switched off (nothing on display - totally black), it did the exact same thing... S1 on slave , then load ADH then behaves fine...

I remember someone saying something similar in a recent thread?

RE: 440 Configurator Issues? - Pim - 11-Jan-2017

Ted, I don't know if it's something you do wrong or not but I'll just tell you what I do every time I change configs.

I delete the old file from the SD card, take the card out, re-insert it and check that it is empty. I never save my new config file to the SD card. I save it to a folder on my laptop. From there I copy it to the SD card.

It has always worked for me but then again, i don't change configs much.

All the best,

Pim

RE: 440 Configurator Issues? - NickB - 11-Jan-2017

I also delete the existing config from my SD card as well before loading a new one after a failed attempt at an update once. Don't go to Jim's lengths as I download straight on to it after deleting (in windows it still sees the old file and asks you to over write) since then I have never had a problem.

RE: 440 Configurator Issues? - teddlesdee - 11-Jan-2017

Found the problem with the configurator file!!!

I did some tests and then looked into the Companion and Master files

The Master correctly renames the Name and the CONFIG_NAME the same see below

"CONFIG_INFO":{
"NAME":"440-AV",
"DATE":"2017-01-03 14:11:47",
"BUILD":"Wed, 11 Jan 17 18:24:40 +0000",
"CONFIG_NAME":"440-AV",
"VERSION":"v2.0.6-20140508"

BUT.....
The Companion File has been generated thus:

"CONFIG_INFO":{
"NAME":"S1",
"DATE":"2017-01-03 14:11:47",
"BUILD":"Wed, 11 Jan 17 18:24:40 +0000",
"CONFIG_NAME":"440-AV",
"VERSION":"v2.0.6-20140508"

Yep... looks like a programming error! Causing some of us to doubt our own sanity!

BUT... I think there is more to this... I have left this as S1 and will find out from Dev

Cheers

Keith