Devialet Chat
Switch-on/off click? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Support Desk (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Support-Desk)
+--- Thread: Switch-on/off click? (/Thread-Switch-on-off-click)

Pages: 1 2

Switch-on/off click? - thumb5 - 14-Feb-2017

Does anyone else get any kind of switch-on or -off noise through the speakers from an Expert-series amp?

Up until a few days ago, my D440 Pro started up and shut down absolutely silently.  Over the week-end, though, I did a minor re-configuration with these changes:

* enabled the XLR input
* enabled a digital co-ax input
* sett the digital co-ax input to be the start-up default (before that, the optical digital input was default at start-up)

Since then, I'm hearing a small but distinct "click" from first the right speaker, then the left, as the amp comes out of standby, just before it displays the input/volume screen.  (It sounds like a small DC offset, but I doubt that's really the explanation.)  With my start-up volume set to -40 dB, it's just about audible from the listening position if the room's quiet.  I hear the same thing when I switch off the amp, but not when I switch between inputs.

In the scheme of things it's a pretty minor annoyance, but now I know it's there it's become an itch I need to scratch... 

Interested to know if anyone else has heard this, and if so whether/how you've managed to get rid of it.

Otherwise, I'll be trying a more scientific approach to sorting it out at the week-end if time allows.

RE: Switch-on/off click? - Confused - 14-Feb-2017

Mine is completely silent. I have the AES/EBU and one digital coax input enabled, plus phono, USB and a line input. Start up defaults to the last input used.

RE: Switch-on/off click? - Pim - 14-Feb-2017

Mine is also set to your old configuration; optical on start-up, and mine is completely silent too. Have you tried pulling the cables out of the default coax input to see if it's still there? it might come from the source connected to the input.

RE: Switch-on/off click? - thumb5 - 15-Feb-2017

Thanks chaps.  Yes, the first thing I tried was pulling the cable from the co-ax input, but that didn't help.

Will keep you posted...

RE: Switch-on/off click? - mdconnelly - 15-Feb-2017

I first started hearing the click after I upgraded to a Pro.   It is fairly quiet so I haven't really been concerned.  Since others are NOT hearing it, I'll see if I can pin down when it occurs... I "think" I hear it more when switching inputs than when initially powering up.   I'll followup after I check it out this evening.

RE: Switch-on/off click? - Axel - 16-Feb-2017

There is certainly a faint click from each amplifier at switch on, but none from my speakers. There is a very slight click from each speaker when I switch the amps off.

RE: Switch-on/off click? - Hifi_swlon - 16-Feb-2017

I get a small 'pop' but at switch off only. I find it quite reassuring - feels more like a 'real' amp to me now...

RE: Switch-on/off click? - petrik - 16-Feb-2017

(16-Feb-2017, 09:55)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I get a small 'pop' but at switch off only.  I find it quite reassuring - feels more like a 'real' amp to me now...

And I got the same sound in the beginning of every track when listening DSD64...

RE: Switch-on/off click? - maxijazz - 16-Feb-2017

(16-Feb-2017, 02:53)Axel Wrote: There is certainly a faint click from each amplifier at switch on, but none from my speakers. There is a very slight click from each speaker when I switch the amps off.

Same here from D220p. 

D200 had quieter click when turning on.

RE: Switch-on/off click? - woodstock - 17-Feb-2017

(14-Feb-2017, 21:48)thumb5 Wrote: Does anyone else get any kind of switch-on or -off noise through the speakers from an Expert-series amp?

Up until a few days ago, my D440 Pro started up and shut down absolutely silently.  Over the week-end, though, I did a minor re-configuration with these changes:

* enabled the XLR input
* enabled a digital co-ax input
* sett the digital co-ax input to be the start-up default (before that, the optical digital input was default at start-up)

Since then, I'm hearing a small but distinct "click" from first the right speaker, then the left, as the amp comes out of standby, just before it displays the input/volume screen.  (It sounds like a small DC offset, but I doubt that's really the explanation.)  With my start-up volume set to -40 dB, it's just about audible from the listening position if the room's quiet.  I hear the same thing when I switch off the amp, but not when I switch between inputs.

In the scheme of things it's a pretty minor annoyance, but now I know it's there it's become an itch I need to scratch... 

Interested to know if anyone else has heard this, and if so whether/how you've managed to get rid of it.

Otherwise, I'll be trying a more scientific approach to sorting it out at the week-end if time allows.

I hear it also but not thru the speakers but in the unit itself. Sounds like a relay switch. Bugs me to. My old 250 never had this issue. Might be worth asking the techs at Devialet what's up with it.