Devialet Chat
Troubleshooting 1000pro slave unit - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet Expert 400/800, Original d'Atelier, Expert 210/440/1000 Pro (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Expert-400-800-Original-d-Atelier-Expert-210-440-1000-Pro)
+--- Thread: Troubleshooting 1000pro slave unit (/Thread-Troubleshooting-1000pro-slave-unit)

Pages: 1 2

Troubleshooting 1000pro slave unit - sam1000 - 17-Feb-2017

Hi:

I have Dual 250pro master units configured as 1000pro

I see this error on a slave unit.

SW:10.0.7
HW: 6.0.0
Internal Error A391 DUET

on the next screen I get a message, "Upgrade Failed, please press the front button to retry"

I made sure that the flash cards are securely in place and the link from master to slave is also in place. Not sure why I'm getting the message "Upgrade failed" when I never made any change to the setup for more than a month.

Anyone seen this error before? I have opened a ticket with Devialet support as well . Hope I do not have to ship the unit back :-(

RE: Troubleshooting 1000pro slave unit - thumb5 - 17-Feb-2017

Are you sure the SD card in the companion is completely empty apart from the configuration file?  (By "empty" I mean there are no hidden files on the SD card, and certainly nothing that looks like part of a firmware package.)

RE: Troubleshooting 1000pro slave unit - sam1000 - 17-Feb-2017

hmm. It always had the firmware package+config files. I took the SD card out so it can start with Factory config. When it does not have the SD card, I get different error message. The Screen looks like following

SW:10.0.7
HW: 6.0.0
Version Error : A384
DSDP0210.HEX

the next screen displays "Upgrade Failed. Press Front Button to Retry"..

RE: Troubleshooting 1000pro slave unit - Vivialet - 17-Feb-2017

I would format the SD card and flash the firmware again...

RE: Troubleshooting 1000pro slave unit - sam1000 - 21-Feb-2017

Since, I could not use dual mono, I created another config for a single 250 pro. I used the same SD card back to back on both units. The faulty unit gave me the same error message again. The other unit worked fine with the same config/SD card.
On the other hand, I'm deeply disappointed with Devialet support. They haven't even acknowledged the issue after 4 days. Not something you would expect for this price point :-(

RE: Troubleshooting 1000pro slave unit - Pim - 21-Feb-2017

Sam,

I always use the same method for configuring and it hasn't failed yet so try this and see if it still occurs;

First delete everything off the SD cards. Take them out of your computer and re-insert. Check that they're empty. Then download the firmware onto your computer and save it in a folder somewhere. From there copy it onto the SD cards. Insert into the Devialet with the power cords taken out or switched off at the wall. Then turn on and let them do their thing.

One done delete everything on them again, take them out of your computer and re-insert. Again check they're empty.
Make up new configs and again save in a folder on your computer. Copy that onto the cards and again insert them into the Devialet's with their power off.

If that doesn't work you're likely to have a faulty unit.

Good luck!

RE: Troubleshooting 1000pro slave unit - Vivialet - 21-Feb-2017

you should definitly format the SD card before you copy the firmware files on it. I had a similar issue some years back. I was able to copy the files on the SD card without any problem, but the update on the Devialet fails. Then I have formatted the SD card and copied the firmware files again. Then it was working fine. The message on your Devialet is clearly stating that the update fails, so I don't think you have a faulty unit.

RE: Troubleshooting 1000pro slave unit - SwissBear - 21-Feb-2017

If you are reformating the SD-Card, do it on a Windows machine. The format made on a Mac seems to be causing more trouble.

I had a similar problem when upgrading my D900 from firmware 9.x.x to 10.0.1. The upgrade failed on the 'Companion' unit when updating the PSU firmware, so this might be different from what you are experiencing.

The machine had to be returned to Devialet for them to sort the problem out.

It appears that the update could only be made with the unit connected to 115V. So the recommendation from Devialet was to purchase this kind of converter: https://www.amazon.com/Voltage-Converter-220-240-110/dp/B001ES8YY6/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1475490545&sr=8-18&keywords=electric+transformer+230+115

Not sure that this is the same problem, but at least similar one.

RE: Troubleshooting 1000pro slave unit - Pim - 21-Feb-2017

(21-Feb-2017, 13:02)SwissBear Wrote: If you are reformating the SD-Card, do it on a Windows machine. The format made on a Mac seems to be causing more trouble.

I had a similar problem when upgrading my D900 from firmware 9.x.x to 10.0.1. The upgrade failed on the 'Companion' unit when updating the PSU firmware, so this might be different from what you are experiencing.

It appears that the update could only be made with the unit connected to 115V. So the recommendation from Devialet was to purchase this kind of converter: https://www.amazon.com/Voltage-Converter-220-240-110/dp/B001ES8YY6/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1475490545&sr=8-18&keywords=electric+transformer+230+115

Odd that you could only change firmware on 115V when they are made in a country that uses 240V. Is that still the case? I've updated from 9 to 10 once but didn't have that problem.

RE: Troubleshooting 1000pro slave unit - SwissBear - 21-Feb-2017

(21-Feb-2017, 14:56)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(21-Feb-2017, 13:02)SwissBear Wrote: If you are reformating the SD-Card, do it on a Windows machine. The format made on a Mac seems to be causing more trouble.

Odd that you could only change firmware on 115V when they are made in a country that uses 240V. Is that still the case? I've updated from 9 to 10 once but didn't have that problem.

Yes that's odd, and this is not supposed to be the standard behavior of the machine. So I suspect the model I have is defective at least in this respect. This is why I mentioned it as a possible cause of update failure. Absolutely not sure this is the case for sam1000 though.