Devialet Chat
Have you ever added a song to your favourites after listening for 10 seconds? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Your Music (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Your-Music)
+--- Thread: Have you ever added a song to your favourites after listening for 10 seconds? (/Thread-Have-you-ever-added-a-song-to-your-favourites-after-listening-for-10-seconds)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Have you ever added a song to your favourites after listening for 10 seconds? - ledesc - 01-Jul-2017

Great post ! Thanks Pim van Vliet.

What comes to my mind, I was young, not even 10 sec, may be 4 only Smile
=> Too Precious (The Stranglers)

RE: Have you ever added a song to your favourites after listening for 10 seconds? - BoyScout - 01-Jul-2017

Less than 10secs sometimes, more than 10 times others.
But those that lasts are the ones you need to listen over and over again.

RE: Have you ever added a song to your favourites after listening for 10 seconds? - Pim - 30-Jul-2017

Had another one today. Blind by Gomez. I was doing a bit of a mundane job today and had Tidal on my iPod when the song came up. I felt like cranking it up but with the iPod in my coverall pocket and greasy gloves on it had to wait. On my walk back to my room I played it again. Cracked it right up this time! Such a fun song. Nothing outrageously new, even strangely familiar (again)

Anyway, have a go. Tell me what you think.

RE: Have you ever added a song to your favourites after listening for 10 seconds? - PhilP - 30-Jul-2017

Kaleo - 'No Good' off their A/B album. Straightforward but very enjoyable rock music plus the lead vocalist has a superb voice.

RE: Have you ever added a song to your favourites after listening for 10 seconds? - Pim - 31-Jul-2017

(30-Jul-2017, 19:04)PhilP Wrote: Kaleo - 'No Good' off their A/B album. Straightforward but very enjoyable rock music plus the lead vocalist has a superb voice.

I actually added some Kaleo songs to a playlist the other day too. It was all the songs I gave the thumbs up on Pandora Radio. It will be no longer available in Australia so I took some screen shots of what I had given the thumbs up and made a new list in Roon. Good stuff!

RE: Have you ever added a song to your favourites after listening for 10 seconds? - Pim - 05-Nov-2017

This  is a story that took a few weeks. I was on a plane to work and streamed Fire by Beth Ditto over the flight entertainment system. Only 30 seconds into the song it stopped streaming. I tried a few times but it didn't get past the first 20-30 seconds. I liked what I heard so I kept it in mind. When at work I only stayed in places where the internet is too slow to stream so I had to wait three weeks before I finally got to hear the whole song. That was in the car on a shopping trip. I put it on repeat and cranked it up to 10% past distortion.  Big Grin

I must say it was well worth the wait. The rest of the album (Fake Sugar) is a bit too poppy for my taste so I stuck with Fire only for now. 

Beth has a great voice and I'm looking forward to trying some more of her music.

Have you ever added a song to your favourites after listening for 10 seconds? - amabrok - 22-Apr-2018

Interesting thread! So I thought I might as well revive it.

For me it is Chris Rea: "Nothing to fear"

I'm was driving on a highway one night when I played this song for the first time and the guitar intro with its mystic tunes immersed me into another world. A magical world in which the bending highway ahead of me felt like an elsuive ginie running away from my chasing high beam! I felt elated and after a little while when I heard the warm voice of Chris flowing through my speakers I knew that this song will forever stay in my favorite list and that indeed there is nothing to fear!

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

RE: Have you ever added a song to your favourites after listening for 10 seconds? - bernardl - 27-May-2020

A few examples:
- musica nuda live at FIP
- Yamamoto trio midnight sugar (cult jazz SACD in Japan)
- anouar Brahem the astounding eyes of Rita

Cheers,
Bernard

RE: Have you ever added a song to your favourites after listening for 10 seconds? - purplerain0330 - 13-Jul-2020

The first answer came into my mind is Say So from Doja and Nicki Minaj. Haven't heard a song like this for so long. Cacthy and I just can't help but shimmy too ^^