Devialet Chat
Devialet Dialog - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Devialet Dialog (/Thread-Devialet-Dialog)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Devialet Dialog - darthsteph - 11-Jan-2015

Hi !

"La Maison" told me that their target with Dialog is :
(Tablet with Spark) --Wifi--> (NAS server) --Ethernet--> (Dialog) --USB--> (Expert Amp or Phantom)

= to get the computer out of the equation

RE: Devialet Dialog - Music or sound - 11-Jan-2015

I like that! Looking forward to the discussion which NAS!

RE: Devialet Dialog - Confused - 11-Jan-2015

(11-Jan-2015, 07:24)Music or sound Wrote: I like that! Looking forward to the discussion which NAS!

I sent a query to Devialet yesterday asking for advise re suitable NAS type and set-up.  I also asked about USB connector type.  It would be easier if they posted some basic details on their website, these are hardly radical or unpredictable queries.

USB connection between DIALOG and Expert line - Flashman - 11-Jan-2015

Do the two connect through a USB type A (host -  DIALOG) and type B (peripheral -- Expert line) connection ?

(11-Jan-2015, 12:48)Flashman Wrote: Do the two connect through a USB type A (host -  DIALOG) and type B (peripheral -- Expert line) connection ?

This is more or less the query I sent to Devialet yesterday.  I'll post their response when I have it.

Picking up on music or sound's post. Does anyone have any recommendations regarding the ideal NAS to use with Dialog? For me I would like something as simple as possible, I don't need multiple drives for backup or anything, I have multiple copies of my music on a number of external USB hard drives. Ease of set up would be nice too, idiot proof ideal!

Maybe it's best to wait until the first few Dialogs are shipped so we have a bit more hard information as to what's required?

(11-Jan-2015, 16:25)Confused Wrote: Picking up on music or sound's post.  Does anyone have any recommendations regarding the ideal NAS to use with Dialog?  For me I would like something as simple as possible, I don't need multiple drives for backup or anything, I have multiple copies of my music on a number of external USB hard drives.  Ease of set up would be nice too, idiot proof ideal!

Maybe it's best to wait until the first few Dialogs are shipped so we have a bit more hard information as to what's required?

I have the same reflection… I did a little research and find the QNAP HS210, which is fan less, ready for two drives, really good OS, with good reviews… And a fine look to keep the hi-end style of our set ups…  Wink

But I can contact La Maison and ask them to know which NAS they use… 

RE: Devialet Dialog - Jwg1749 - 11-Jan-2015

(11-Jan-2015, 17:46)darthsteph Wrote:
(11-Jan-2015, 16:25)Confused Wrote: Picking up on music or sound's post.  Does anyone have any recommendations regarding the ideal NAS to use with Dialog?  For me I would like something as simple as possible, I don't need multiple drives for backup or anything, I have multiple copies of my music on a number of external USB hard drives.  Ease of set up would be nice too, idiot proof ideal!

I have the same reflection… I did a little research and find the QNAP HS210, which is fan less, ready for two drives, really good OS, with good reviews… And a fine look to keep the hi-end style of our set ups…  Wink

But I can contact La Maison and ask them to know which NAS they use… 

The Synology range is also very good. For a while I ran my Synology NAS direct into my D200 via USB, using the Synology Diskstation control point on an iPad. It worked flawlessly, although the control point leaves something to be desired in terms of ease of use.

Matt

Well I've decided to go for it, I have ordered a Dialog. Delivery quoted as after February 15th. I hope the reports from those who get one earlier are favourable!

(11-Jan-2015, 18:26)Confused Wrote: Well I've decided to go for it, I have ordered a Dialog.  Delivery quoted as after February 15th.  I hope the reports from those who get one earlier are favourable!

Ho ! Congratulation !

I think I'll go for it too !!! I'm really impatient to have a good app too, and the Devialet team seems really confident in Spark…!