Devialet Chat
Devialet Dialog - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Devialet Dialog (/Thread-Devialet-Dialog)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Devialet Dialog - madumm - 15-Jan-2015

(14-Jan-2015, 22:54)Jwg1749 Wrote:
(14-Jan-2015, 22:26)brit Wrote: Have code, have ordered!

David

I wonder if the Dialog is outselling the Phantoms at the moment. I guess the Phantoms will only really hit people's consciousness when they get into the shops. Or should I say 'shop' (in the UK at least).

Anyway, I predict late January will be a busy time on this forum. Will SPARK be ready? How good will the UI be? Will there be any bugs? How will the Dialog sound? Will we need super-expensive USB cables or isolators? Questions, questions ...

Matt

Dialog is now marketed for Expert series as well as for phantom. But for phantom, you have no choice but to get dialog in order to play music.

From my email with them, I gather the issue of writing apps or drivers for Mac/win does not produce the results they want, and stability of the system is also issue. That is why they put forth the dialog preposition to me.

In short, they are control freak. Ensuring source to result is predictable and expected...
Than it would mean long development cycle.. Good for some, bad for others.

They have promised to deliver good on AIR so, we shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Devialet Dialog - Charlemagne - 15-Jan-2015

The delivery will be delayed for a period of three weeks. My Dialog was originally expected on Jan. 21th. Just got this email from Devialet:

Quote:Dear Charlemagne,

First of all, we would like to wish you a very happy New Year 2015.

You placed your trust in us by ordering Phantom, the best sound system in the world, and we are sincerely grateful.

As promised, you will be delivered in the very first wave of products coming out of our new generation Phantom plants.
We announced the birth of the first Phantom on January 20th. However, our standards of excellency led us to change this date to the February 16th.

To make your wait more pleasant, we have designed especially for you a programme of attentions and good news with weekly updates.
Indeed, Phantom just received one of the most prestigious awards in its field: « BEST OF YEAR of the Las Vegas CES 2015 », among 20.000 innovations.

Moreover, to thank you for your patience, we offer you today a 30€ voucher to buy high definition music on Qobuz.

Your QOBUZ voucher : ??????

Simply choose your music on qobuz.com and enter your voucher upon checkout.

As you know, we are commited to delivering to you the best sound center in the world as soon as possible, and we will keep you informed at each step of the arrival of your Phantom.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further information,

Customer Care Devialet"

RE: Devialet Dialog - Confused - 15-Jan-2015

I love the way Devialet big themselves up, whilst at the same time advising schedule delays. Absolute class!

RE: Devialet Dialog - f1eng - 15-Jan-2015

I got that email too. I would certainly prefer them to fix bugs before delivery. I wonder if it is hardware or software which is delayed.

RE: Devialet Dialog - amabrok - 15-Jan-2015

(15-Jan-2015, 19:52)f1eng Wrote: I got that email too. I would certainly prefer them to fix bugs before delivery. I wonder if it is hardware or software which is delayed.

I guess it would be software! they seem to be more in control of their H/W but i can not say the same about their S/W

RE: Devialet Dialog - Music or sound - 15-Jan-2015

I am still waiting for my code for 10 days. At least someone else will do the beta testing!

RE: Devialet Dialog - Chris Marshall - 15-Jan-2015

I didn't get an email, is it just the phantom that's delayed?

RE: Devialet Dialog - brit - 15-Jan-2015

(15-Jan-2015, 22:11)Chris Marshall Wrote: I didn't get an email, is it just the phantom that's delayed?

I have ordered the Dialog and was advised that delivery was after 15 February. Not too sure about Phantom.

David

RE: Devialet Dialog - Confused - 15-Jan-2015

I too ordered a Dialog and was advised 15th Feb delivery. So it looks like mid Feb either for the first batch to be available, or perhaps this is simply when SPARK will be available and they can't realse Dialog before then. I guess with the delays they will now be holding back on sending any invites for a while?

RE: Devialet Dialog - jjo - 15-Jan-2015

No code yet Sad Still, I only asked for mine on the 29th of December.