Devialet Chat
Devialet Dialog - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Devialet Dialog (/Thread-Devialet-Dialog)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Devialet Dialog - GuillaumeB - 22-Jan-2015

(22-Jan-2015, 13:39)Confused Wrote: but not until April!

Haha! If we're lucky!  Tongue

Guillaume

RE: Devialet Dialog - ErikM - 22-Jan-2015

It would be nice to know exactly what it's capabilities are. I'm about 90% sure though that it will not replace your current router.. From my reading it's very much like a Sonos product in that it sets up it's own proprietary mesh network to stream music to a Devialet amp from a NAS drive on your existing network and to add streaming music services like Pandora and Tidal and internet radio..and also that it's required for the Phantoms..and to create a whole house setup, again think Sonos multiroom setup using Phantoms or other amps/speakers..

(22-Jan-2015, 11:03)Petter Wrote: As anderstand ,some of us have already get a number and ordered the dialog and paid upfront ?

And we stil discuss what the dialog can do Smile

Is it to much to ask Devialet for a clarification what this dialog actually do and can do,and what is the future plan for this router when it comes to existing Line of amplifiers ?

Will it replace the need of apple router products ? as i see it ? can i stream directly from my ipad etc,how do i integrate the new line with the old one ,etc etc etc

RE: Devialet Dialog - Flashman - 22-Jan-2015

(22-Jan-2015, 16:27)ErikM Wrote: It would be nice to know exactly what it's capabilities are. I'm about 90% sure though that it will not replace your current router.. From my reading it's very much like a Sonos product in that it sets up it's own proprietary mesh network to stream music to a Devialet amp from a NAS drive on your existing network and to add streaming music services like Pandora and Tidal and internet radio..and also that it's required for the Phantoms..and to create a whole house setup, again think Sonos multiroom setup using Phantoms or other amps/speakers..

(22-Jan-2015, 11:03)Petter Wrote: As anderstand ,some of us have already get a number and ordered the dialog and paid upfront ?

And we stil discuss what the dialog can do Smile

Is it to much to ask Devialet for a clarification what this dialog actually do and can do,and what is the future plan for this router when it comes to existing Line of amplifiers ?

Will it replace the need of apple router products ? as i see it ? can i stream directly from my ipad etc,how do i integrate the new line with the old one ,etc etc etc
Yep, I hope the DIALOG will be like Sonos or the Bluesound Node that I currently own.  On the latter, Bluesound sets up a proprietary network that works quite well at steaming music from my PC to the Devialet (via Ethernet) and includes lots of streaming services, including Tidal.  The Bluesound app is stellar. Not a hiccup.  Plus, you can put together playlists that mix your PC music and streaming services.  Very nifty.  Only real downside is the use of TOSLink to output to the Devialet.  Wish it were coax.

Devialet Dialog - stuartwoodrandom - 29-Jan-2015

From what I've seen in Paris, DIALOG appears to be very similar to that. Currently Qobuz is supported but Deezer and Tidal on their way (hopefully when I get mine in March!)

Nice desktop app too. Didn't see an iPhone or iPad app while I was there though.

RE: Devialet Dialog - Confused - 29-Jan-2015

(29-Jan-2015, 11:18)stuartwoodrandom Wrote: From what I've seen in Paris, DIALOG appears to be very similar to that. Currently Qobuz is supported but Deezer and Tidal on their way (hopefully when I get mine in March!)

Nice desktop app too. Didn't see an iPhone or iPad app while I was there though.

Did you notice if SPARK offers anything in terms of track ratings or similar?  Sad I know, but I like that kind of thing.

RE: Devialet Dialog - gtiboy - 29-Jan-2015

Here's hoping the Dialog can stream internet radio and allow you in plug in a USB stick into the Dialog and select your tracks via spark without the need for a NAS.

RE: Devialet Dialog - stuartwoodrandom - 29-Jan-2015

(29-Jan-2015, 12:51)Confused Wrote:
(29-Jan-2015, 11:18)stuartwoodrandom Wrote: From what I've seen in Paris, DIALOG appears to be very similar to that. Currently Qobuz is supported but Deezer and Tidal on their way (hopefully when I get mine in March!)

Did you notice if SPARK offers anything in terms of track ratings or similar?  Sad I know, but I like that kind of thing.

I didn't see any track ratings stuff, although they're still heavily in development and refining from what I've seen so far.

It looks super slick though, very nice interface, very clean. Qobuz right in there. As well as local files (through sharepoint from what I gather) but told UPnP is also in the works.

RE: Internet radio and other things... he also said that the Phantom's are AirPlay compatible (and other air medium), didn't actually ask about DIALOG but I'm guessing it would be.

RE: Devialet Dialog - Confused - 31-Jan-2015

(14-Jan-2015, 22:54)Jwg1749 Wrote:
(14-Jan-2015, 22:26)brit Wrote: Have code, have ordered!

David

I wonder if the Dialog is outselling the Phantoms at the moment. I guess the Phantoms will only really hit people's consciousness when they get into the shops. Or should I say 'shop' (in the UK at least).

Anyway, I predict late January will be a busy time on this forum. Will SPARK be ready? How good will the UI be? Will there be any bugs? How will the Dialog sound? Will we need super-expensive USB cables or isolators? Questions, questions ...

Matt

Feeling confident about this prediction now Matt? Angel

Using the enormous (and very annoying) power of hindsight, I'm not sure this will be the case.  I think the prediction itself is sound, however date wise I suspect we're looking at late March or more likely early April before the fun starts with this one. Roll on spring time.....

RE: Devialet Dialog - Jwg1749 - 01-Feb-2015

I think I posted that just before the release date was postponed. Late March or early April it is then.

RE: Devialet Dialog - Petter - 01-Feb-2015

&%$# ing ….great,was getting a mail with code but not possible to do the check out for billing info,that since i am outside EU Sad and my country is not listed

Hmm isn't it possible to go straight on the net to Harrods ??any now the name of the store there ?