Devialet Chat
Devialet Dialog - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Devialet Dialog (/Thread-Devialet-Dialog)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Devialet Dialog - Rufus McDufus - 12-Feb-2015

Isn't it the same unit for both? That is worrying. Still, just think of all the freebies they'll have to keep dishing out - it might pay for itself.

RE: Devialet Dialog - PhilP - 12-Feb-2015

(12-Feb-2015, 21:54)ZincAlloy Wrote: Just noticed this on the Devialet website, not sure if it's a recent addition, but somewhat concerning!

"Devialet Dialog is now ready for Phantom and will be available in mid-2015 for the Expert range of amplifiers"

I ordered mine on the 29th December ......yikes!!

Hmmm...  Maybe they mean via AIR (or whatever they call the AIR replacement)?

Surely it will be possible to use the Dialog USB port to link to the 'Expert' range straightaway? That's what Devialet said... At least I interpreted it that way.

RE: Devialet Dialog - Jwg1749 - 12-Feb-2015

Well, it seems there may be some software problems. The Dialog can't yet be connected to an "Expert" amp. Maybe it'll work via USB; maybe they just haven't got the AIR bit ready yet. Or maybe it won't work at all. Stick it in the cupboard and wait for a few months.

Oh well ...

RE: Devialet Dialog - DJ 04 - 12-Feb-2015

I also noticed the remote with the e-ink display is no longer on the website. I had hoped that it would be compatible with the expert line. Does anyone know if the remote has been dropped?

RE: Devialet Dialog - Eddye - 13-Feb-2015

(12-Feb-2015, 21:54)ZincAlloy Wrote: Just noticed this on the Devialet website, not sure if it's a recent addition, but somewhat concerning!

"Devialet Dialog is now ready for Phantom and will be available in mid-2015 for the Expert range of amplifiers"

I ordered mine on the 29th December ......yikes!!

This worries me a bit. I just read this line on the site. I'm not sure whether or not I want to cancel the order. It'll depend on the answers from Devialet.

edit: just sent an email to Devialet. Here's hoping for a clear answer

RE: Devialet Dialog - Eddye - 13-Feb-2015

I got a reply:
Quote:Indeed Dialog will be compatible with our expert products around mid 2015 (not March).

We were hopping to deliver this compatibility sooner, but we also really want to provide a relevant tool for you. Delivering the compatibility in March may have created some software issues so we thought it would be best to improve the device again.

RE: Devialet Dialog - Confused - 13-Feb-2015

"mid 2015" in Devialet time is probably just before Christmas ......

RE: Devialet Dialog - jjo - 13-Feb-2015

I think I just asked them to canceled my order. No point in having hardware I can't use for anything for half a year.

RE: Devialet Dialog - ZincAlloy - 13-Feb-2015

(13-Feb-2015, 10:11)Eddye Wrote: I got a reply:

Quote:Indeed Dialog will be compatible with our expert products around mid 2015 (not March).

We were hopping to deliver this compatibility sooner, but we also really want to provide a relevant tool for you. Delivering the compatibility in March may have created some software issues so we thought it would be best to improve the device again.

Thanks for clarifying this.  I'm going to wait to see if Devialet offer all us early (non)adopters of Dialog compensation before I decide to cancel.  However, the rapidly changing availability dates, coupled with the complete lack of proactive contact from Devialet is concerning.  Something is patently not right with them at the moment.

Looks like my SBT will remain my prime source for the foreseeable future ....

ATB, Ken

RE: Devialet Dialog - brit - 13-Feb-2015

(13-Feb-2015, 13:33)ZincAlloy Wrote:
(13-Feb-2015, 10:11)Eddye Wrote: I got a reply:

Thanks for clarifying this.  I'm going to wait to see if Devialet offer all us early (non)adopters of Dialog compensation before I decide to cancel.  However, the rapidly changing availability dates, coupled with the complete lack of proactive contact from Devialet is concerning.  Something is patently not right with them at the moment.

Looks like my SBT will remain my prime source for the foreseeable future ....

ATB, Ken

And the really annoying thing is that they have taken the money up front for a product that is going to be late and will not, seemingly, operate as promised at time of ordering!!

Will also be considering cancelling my order, but wonder what procedure is, and how to get money back? Devialet has, unfortunately, become all marketing "fluff" with no substance!

They made a huge marketing splash for products that do not seem to be anywhere near ready for public release!

David