Devialet Chat
Devialet Dialog - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Devialet Dialog (/Thread-Devialet-Dialog)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Devialet Dialog - PhilP - 26-Dec-2014

(26-Dec-2014, 20:27)mauidan Wrote: It would be nice if Devialet could put the Dialog's owners manual on the website.

Ho! Ho! Ho! You mean just like they've done for the current range of products Smile

RE: Devialet Dialog - IanG-UK - 26-Dec-2014

(26-Dec-2014, 21:14)PhilP Wrote:
(26-Dec-2014, 20:27)mauidan Wrote: It would be nice if Devialet could put the Dialog's owners manual on the website.

Ho! Ho! Ho! You mean just like they've done for the current range of products Smile

Well the current Devialet owners' manuals are minimalist, rather like those for Apple products.

Apple products are complemented by extensive support communities which involve Apple themselves ... (complete as appropriate!)

RE: Devialet Dialog - amabrok - 27-Dec-2014

(26-Dec-2014, 21:14)PhilP Wrote:

Maybe they would!

Devialet thinks of the original and the current D series as the "Expert Line " and as such owner / users don't need a manual

Whereas for the Phantom the story might be different however the level of information provided so far and specially on Dialog is not promising at all

RE: Devialet Dialog - Confused - 28-Dec-2014

Does anyone know what Dialog will actually do for a traditional "expert" range amplifier owner? Plus, what is the spec of the USB output, is it properly "audio optimised"?

RE: Devialet Dialog - amabrok - 28-Dec-2014

(28-Dec-2014, 02:10)Confused Wrote: Does anyone know what Dialog will actually do for a traditional "expert" range amplifier owner? Plus, what is the spec of the USB output, is it properly "audio optimised"?
From the very limited info here is what I think I know (I stand to be corrected)

Dialog will allow owners of The Expert Line to use Spark.

Dialog will connect via USB to the The Expert Line and then connect Phantom units wordlessly in case one wants to integrate them in a current Expert system

Dialog with its Guest and Phantom networks should bring more streaming capabilities including NAS

RE: Devialet Dialog - Antoine - 30-Dec-2014

I'm really curious to what Dialog will bring when it's introduced and in the future. I do think that people who need a specific functionality should ask Devialet what it will offer directly from the box when it's introduced. It could just as well be that e.g. uPnP could take them a year or something, could be a month, could be two years etc.

It's the 'will integrate' words that "alerted" me.

"Based on the EVO platform, DIALOG will integrate more and more music streaming services natively, multichannel audio decoding, UPnP compatibility to access music from NAS devices, and much more".

RE: Devialet Dialog - ErikM - 06-Jan-2015

I REALLY a want to try a Dialogue.. I'm going to compare it to my Aries and AIR.. If this little fella is competitive it's going to be a game changer.. It's all going to come down (for me) to SQ

RE: Devialet Dialog - GuillaumeB - 08-Jan-2015

Dialog ordered!  Cool

Guillaume

RE: Devialet Dialog - Eddye - 08-Jan-2015

I'm still hoping they'll send me an invite....

RE: Devialet Dialog - PhilP - 08-Jan-2015

They sent me a code within 24 hrs after I requested it.

I've ordered a Dialog to play with and may buy a Phantom or two but want to home demo them first. I doubt whether Harrods will let me do that...