Devialet Chat
1000 Pro Sub Connections - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet Classroom (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Classroom)
+--- Thread: 1000 Pro Sub Connections (/Thread-1000-Pro-Sub-Connections)

Pages: 1 2

RE: 1000 Pro Sub Connections - Delija - 27-Oct-2020

If the data in thread about your system is still correct, you do have a very old subwoofer (SF Gravis B1), but you use DSPeaker Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core room correction - so you do have DSP in your subwoofer chain and it does add some latency.

Anyway, I'm not saying that delay is always added to the main speakers - I'm saying that it's the most often use case.

RE: 1000 Pro Sub Connections - thumb5 - 27-Oct-2020

I see you've now corrected your post - thanks.

RE: 1000 Pro Sub Connections - Dan - 30-Oct-2020

So, back to subs and a Dev 1000. I have set the configurator to speakers full range when preout is disabled. Otherwise I have the speakers running from 80Hz on up and the subs running up to 80Hz - all set in the configurator. Seems straight forward enough.

But, once it is all up and running I still have the option to set the subs’s gain and crossover (on the sub) - since I already ‘capped’ the sub at 80Hz in the Dev but the subs controls go higher - what does that mean at this point? If I go to the max doe that mean it caps at 80Hz?

I am fiddling with it but am wondering what others have found going down this path...

Thanks

RE: 1000 Pro Sub Connections - Delija - 30-Oct-2020

You have to combine measurements and listening to find your optimal configuration.

I use crossover cascading - it gives me cleaner midbass and mids.

1000 Pro Sub Connections - Waiski - 30-Oct-2020

Put your sub crossover as high as possible. Or even better, put it off, if possible.

What filter order do you use in devialet?

RE: 1000 Pro Sub Connections - liquitech - 09-Mar-2022

I've two RELs connected via high level. When turning the amp on/off, there is a loud pumping sound from the subs. It did not happen when I was using a single 250pro with one REL sub. The RELs are connected according to the manual. I'd really prefer the high level connection as I've invested in a pair of REL Bassline Blue cables. Has anyone ever had the same issue or maybe would have some advice? Thanks!

RE: 1000 Pro Sub Connections - audio_engr - 09-Mar-2022

(09-Mar-2022, 14:58)liquitech Wrote: I've two RELs connected via high level. When turning the amp on/off, there is a loud pumping sound from the subs. It did not happen when I was using a single 250pro with one REL sub. The RELs are connected according to the manual. I'd really prefer the high level connection as I've invested in a pair of REL Bassline Blue cables. Has anyone ever had the same issue or maybe would have some advice? Thanks!

The same also happens on my gear. I've 440-Pro & two RELs. Hence - not to worry!

However, since my 440-Pro is connected to a PS Audio regenerator, I do not power off my gear at all. In fact, all my gear has been left On (always ready for use) since the last 2 years.

1000 Pro Sub Connections - PeppaPig - 13-Mar-2022

(09-Mar-2022, 14:58)liquitech Wrote: I've two RELs connected via high level. When turning the amp on/off, there is a loud pumping sound from the subs. It did not happen when I was using a single 250pro with one REL sub. The RELs are connected according to the manual. I'd really prefer the high level connection as I've invested in a pair of REL Bassline Blue cables. Has anyone ever had the same issue or maybe would have some advice? Thanks!

I have two rel sub using high level input too. I can hear the sound when amp is turning on. But I don’t think it’s an issue. It’s very normal.