Devialet Chat
Solution for seeing the display while seated - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet D-Premier, Expert 120/200/250, Expert 140/220/250 Pro (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-D-Premier-Expert-120-200-250-Expert-140-220-250-Pro)
+--- Thread: Solution for seeing the display while seated (/Thread-Solution-for-seeing-the-display-while-seated)

Pages: 1 2

Solution for seeing the display while seated - absolutk - 05-Mar-2015

It bothered me quite a bit that I was unable to see the Devialet display while sitting in the listening position. So I took a theory and tried out the experiment. I'm glad to report that the results were positive.

The idea was to take a prism, and have the image be projected forward. I could not use any mirrors, because then I'd need additional components to flip the image back, and that would defeat the purpose of this being a simple contraption.

The image is still too small for me to see from where I'm seated, so I'll be experimenting with some lenses, but for now, this works.

Without further ado - along with a bonus picture: the most expensive kitty daybed ever.

RE: Solution for seeing the display while seated - Damon - 05-Mar-2015

#3 gets my vote for best system pic of the month. If I can find my cat, I'll post a 'back at'cha' photo. Of course, if you ever sell anything and advertise it as from a 'pet free home' we'll put this on a billboard, but otherwise, epic sucess!

Could be a new thread, for sure. I tried to get some controversy going with a question about whether or not the Dev could be used as a warming tray, but most folks here were too shrewd to get sidetracked with that one.

Oh yeah, nice prism.

RE: Solution for seeing the display while seated - absolutk - 05-Mar-2015

Haha - duly noted good sir! Please do keep me honest - it's the only mantra I live by.

I had turned off the power saving (standby) feature, and that meant there was a day long warm-tray for her. No-freaking-way. So I'm a bit more conscious of turning power off when done listening.

Solution for seeing the display while seated - amabrok - 05-Mar-2015

Brilliant idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Solution for seeing the display while seated - Jnan_devi - 05-Mar-2015

Smile wonderful!

RE: Solution for seeing the display while seated - brit - 05-Mar-2015

The cat's whiskers  Big Grin!

RE: Solution for seeing the display while seated - Womaz - 05-Mar-2015

Fantastic idea, love it.

RE: Solution for seeing the display while seated - Rufus McDufus - 05-Mar-2015

Does it sound better with a cat on it? I must try this. I've got 4 to choose from including my usernamesake (pictured) so will figure out which one works best!

RE: Solution for seeing the display while seated - brit - 05-Mar-2015

(05-Mar-2015, 13:46)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Does it sound better with a cat on it? I must try this. I've got 4 to choose from so will figure out which one works best!

Now that will be an interesting demo - let us know which one (cat)ches your eye (and ears). We will need a "caterwauling" rating Big Grin Big Grin.

David

RE: Solution for seeing the display while seated - Pim - 05-Mar-2015

(05-Mar-2015, 13:46)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Does it sound better with a cat on it? I must try this. I've got 4 to choose from including my usernamesake (pictured) so will figure out which one works best!

You will have to start a new thread in the 'tweaking' section.  Tongue