Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cartridges and phono settings
Hello Jens yes it is Wery good the transformer. But you still say that i must connect wia MM settings ,or Regards Finn
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
I just placed a new Dynavector 10x5 on my Pro-Ject RPM 5.1 turn table. Using the default settings from RAM this sounds ok, but i am not thrilled yet. I am not sure if and how long such a cartridge has to break in and if there are better settings for it then just the default...

Is there someone else with experience with this cartridge?
Devialet 250 Expert Pro / Nordost Valhalla Bi-Wire / Sonus Faber Olympica II
Anthem MRX 710 / B&W MT-60D
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components
(13-Oct-2016, 22:17)Bartype Wrote: I just placed a new Dynavector 10x5 on my Pro-Ject RPM 5.1 turn table. Using the default settings from RAM this sounds ok, but i am not thrilled yet. I am not sure if and how long such a cartridge has to break in and if there are better settings for it then just the default...

All MC cartridges that I have owned needed a break in of 50 to 100 hours. 
Manufacturers usually recommend a load higher than something or somewhere between two numbers.  If you increase the load the sound becomes brighter, more detailed and thinner. There is no one setting that is correct. If a recommended load for a cartridge is between 50 and 500 ohms the automatic RAM setting would be 200 - 300 ohms. That does not necessarly mean it is the best setting for your system. In my system I have found that a load 20 times the internal resistance of the cartridge provides the best balance for me.
Devialet 200 - Kuzma Stabi S - Kuzma Stogi Ref - Lyra Delos - REL B2 - Epos 12.2 - Creek Evolution CD - DIY silver cables
Thank you for your tips! Considering your answer i think it's best to break the cartridge in first before changing something from the RAM settings.

So, i am going to listen all my LP's from A to Z and see/hear what happens Smile

(19-Oct-2016, 19:02)lookslikerain Wrote:
(13-Oct-2016, 22:17)Bartype Wrote: I just placed a new Dynavector 10x5 on my Pro-Ject RPM 5.1 turn table. Using the default settings from RAM this sounds ok, but i am not thrilled yet. I am not sure if and how long such a cartridge has to break in and if there are better settings for it then just the default...

All MC cartridges that I have owned needed a break in of 50 to 100 hours. 
Manufacturers usually recommend a load higher than something or somewhere between two numbers.  If you increase the load the sound becomes brighter, more detailed and thinner. There is no one setting that is correct. If a recommended load for a cartridge is between 50 and 500 ohms the automatic RAM setting would be 200 - 300 ohms. That does not necessarly mean it is the best setting for your system. In my system I have found that a load 20 times the internal resistance of the cartridge provides the best balance for me.
Devialet 250 Expert Pro / Nordost Valhalla Bi-Wire / Sonus Faber Olympica II
Anthem MRX 710 / B&W MT-60D
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components
I update to 10.0.5 software use the settings AS recommende bye Jens and no no Hiss i play -20 i shall put my Ear Wery close too my speaker and there is a little too hear , it is the bedst settings i have too my dev 200 . I am very glad
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
Has somebody tryed Either kiseki purpleheart, and Audio note IO 1. Becorse i Think too try One of Them , becorse i look after a cartridge With a little more speed and feelings ,than a ortofon cadenza Black ,who i use Right now. Any help or idea , my music is blues,jazz , and a little rock.
HI all i would just like to say hello and ask for some advice with my 130 pro. I’m having the dreaded clipping issues with my ortofon 2m bronze with clipping. The dB flashes red regardless of the gain settings, i have set it at 5mv and even up to 15mv the clipping still occurs. I also tried my phono stage and set the dev to line in and get clipping with that too. 

Thanks
Max 5mV and recommend 150 pF load should solve your prob.

Please disable WiFi using Phono input.

Regards

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
(22-May-2018, 15:49)Elztalbiker Wrote: Max 5mV and recommend 150 pF load should solve your prob.

Please disable WiFi using Phono input.

Regards

Hi thanks for reply i have set it on 5mv and it still clips.
Have you checked the load between 150 and 300 pF and WiFi off? That's importend.