Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Original d'Atelier register
(12-Aug-2016, 11:30)Confused Wrote:
(12-Aug-2016, 11:19)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(12-Aug-2016, 09:43)Zappydev Wrote: #66 - installed and sounding wonderful in Worcestershire

Big Grin

Congrats! But where did the change of heart come from Zappydev? I thought from your posts last month you were unlikely to spend any more money with Devialet?

You big tease Zappydev!  No more sofa squishes from me!! Angry   Anyway, congratulations!  Enjoy! Smile

Thanks, guys. I shall miss those squishes !!

Yes, I was reaching the limit of my tolerance with regard to the AIR issues, and the way that Devialet were handling them (or not). Then, a few things happened:
  • I saw, and heard, the O d'A during the Sofa-Squish day
  • I started using AIR3b for Mac, which pretty much solved the issues of the previous releases. The subsequent release of AIR3b for Win has been equally successful for me.
  • The Expert Pro story is now revealed, so we have a pretty good idea of how things will look for the next year or so
I stopped looking at it so subjectively - I didn't really have an issue personally with the upgrade pricing, although I can fully empathise with those that do. Instead, I took on board the many comments and opinions of those folk, on here and elsewhere, who have experienced other systems, and I came to the conclusion that objectively, the D900/D1000 embodies a performance that sets it way ahead of most of the competition. On top of that, the all-in-one technology was one of the key reasons I bought my first D170, and so as a lifestyle choice, that continues to fit the bill now that AIR is working. Finally, whilst it may not be to everyone's taste, I personally think that the appearance is drop-dead gorgeous. As a result, I decided to grab one while I still could - who knows for how long that will be possible ?  I have no intention of ever going back to playing CDs or SACDs, and although I may one day set up my trusty LP12 once again, for now, the O d'A is really all I need. (Although the dcs streamer solution does sound rather compelling . . . . ) 

Do I really need 1000W into my little Duette speakers ? No, of course not - the D400 had oodles of power in reserve. And yet - listening today at -36dB, where yesterday it would have been -25 dB, the sound is clearly more open and controlled than it was before. My biggest limitation today by far is the listening room, both shape and size - hence the Duettes, which I can wholeheartedly recommend, by the way. Come the day that I finally get a better room, then some new speakers will be at the top of the shopping-list, but I think that the electronics will do for now Big Grin

For the record, I still think that Devialet have a lot of catching-up to do as regards communication and customer satisfaction. I also think that their software efforts are woefully inadequate, but these are things which (hopefully) will continue to improve. In the meantime, I have found their products to be exceptionally well-engineered, and to provide amazing performance from a gorgeous, minimalist package.

Last but not least, this is an amazing forum, and the breadth and depth of knowledge and opinions that are shared here have also played a part in my decision to stay on the Devialet path for a while longer.

Now, I'm off to play some tunes . . . Smile

Zap
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
Congratulations. Sometimes ignorance is a bliss. Just enjoy the Od'A and don't read too much into what are being posted in this forum Big Grin
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
Ian I am afraid to say that you have my O d'A as that is my date of birth, hand it over immediately !!!!
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Oda72 sold to Claus in Denmark
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
(15-Jun-2016, 22:58)IanG-UK Wrote: I know it is the wrong place to post this - but it is next to the Od'A v 800 v 1000+ debate, so if you are an Od'A owner register here. I'll add you to the summary post - post 10.

So to start mine in number 54.

Numbe 46 is in Australia
OdA 38 in Hong Kong
I am very happy I can own an OdA.
Antipodes DX Gen3 > Od'A #38 > Magnepan 1.7i
Antipodes DX Gen3>MC-3+ Smart Clock USB >Od'A #38 > Magnepan 1.7i
I have Od'A #77 - Singapore.

Understand the "free upgrade"has been pushed back and is now in Sep/Oct period.
System: TW Acustics Raven GT se, Raven 10.5, Miyajima Zero, Ortofon RSG309, Ortofon SPU A95 Anniversary, ModWright Oppo UDP205, Roon Nucleus+, Devialet OdA #77, Magnum Dynlab MD90T SE, Audience Au24 SX cables, Wilson Alexia.

Vintage Turntables: Thorens TD160 Super, SME M2-9, Ortofon 2M Mono SE & Thorens TD147 Jubilee, Ortofon 2M Black
TV Companion: Stereo Phantom Gold
(26-Jul-2017, 04:59)Jerry Seh Wrote: I have Od'A #77 - Singapore.

Understand the "free upgrade"has been pushed back and is now in Sep/Oct period.

Latest: 

After some 3 weeks of "to and fro" response, finally had my units shipped back to Deviatet for the O'dA upgrade on Jan 25th. Well, funny thing is local dealer shipped using the 1000 box and not the wooden crate the OdA comes with. Another funny thing is the units have a reported value of only 2k Euro. Whatever that means, I just hope if my pair are damaged, I am not insured for this paltry sum.

Pray the pair will come back upgraded and also the units cleaned/re-plated off the tarnish on the covers & remote.
System: TW Acustics Raven GT se, Raven 10.5, Miyajima Zero, Ortofon RSG309, Ortofon SPU A95 Anniversary, ModWright Oppo UDP205, Roon Nucleus+, Devialet OdA #77, Magnum Dynlab MD90T SE, Audience Au24 SX cables, Wilson Alexia.

Vintage Turntables: Thorens TD160 Super, SME M2-9, Ortofon 2M Mono SE & Thorens TD147 Jubilee, Ortofon 2M Black
TV Companion: Stereo Phantom Gold
(16-Jun-2016, 12:45)IanG-UK Wrote: Here are the numbers, member names and locations, where known, and apologies for any errors:

001     on sale in Switzerland
006     Cosmosound - Cyprus
007     Tategoi - Singapore
008     on sale in Singapore
011     Pandemonium67 - France
022     Lauwemelk - Netherlands
027     Lauditorium - France (may be for sale)
028     Waikeywi - Hong Kong
035    Georgev - Johannesburg
038     Raykka - Hong Kong
044     F1eng - UK
046     PeppaPig - Australia
048     Swissbear - Switzerland
051     Cob917 - UK
053     Jon Oxford Audio - UK (now that's praise - a dealer who owns one with the number the same as his year of birth!)
054     IanG-UK - UK (wanted by NickB as it is his year of birth)
056     Dbilling64 - UK
063     User33 - USA
064     M4gnus - Sweden
066     Zappydev - UK
072     Clause - Denmark
076     Raker - France
077     Jerry Seh - Singapore
080     Harwood - Hong Kong
082     Nicknick - Hong Kong
086     sold in Hong Kong
088          in China?
091     Frnch - Netherlands
097     Pim - Australia
099     sold in Hong Kong

Updated Jan 2020
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(28-Jan-2018, 16:21)Jerry Seh Wrote: Pray the pair will come back upgraded and also the units cleaned/re-plated off the tarnish on the covers & remote.

Mine (well no longer mine now) returned in mint condition. Certainly a lot better that when they left. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK