Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gary's System
                My pride and joy  Shy
Devialet Expert 400, KEF Reference 1's, KEF Reference 1 Stands, Aurender N100H, Rega RP8 with Apheta 2 Cartridge, Chord Signature Reference Speaker Cables, Chrd Signature Tuned Array USB, Chord Power Chords, Atacama Equinox Stand with A.R.C Glass.
Very nice setup Gary, thanks for sharing!
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Hi baddog,

Thanks for your comment. I know it's not the ideal room setup but it still sounds amazing.
Still on the fence as to whether to upgrade to 440 Pro. Looking forward to hearing your comments on the differences and if it's worth upgrading. Enjoy your 440 Pro.
Devialet Expert 400, KEF Reference 1's, KEF Reference 1 Stands, Aurender N100H, Rega RP8 with Apheta 2 Cartridge, Chord Signature Reference Speaker Cables, Chrd Signature Tuned Array USB, Chord Power Chords, Atacama Equinox Stand with A.R.C Glass.
Gazza,

Please tell me you're not listening to it set up this way. If you do, buy 'Get Better Sound' by Jim Smith and transform your sound. With equipment like this (Amazing stuff. I'm very interested in the Ref1) you owe it to yourself to get the best out of it. I'd say your not even at 50%.

Don't even think of upgrading to Pro or buying any more equipment until you get your setup right. That's an order from the set up police  Smile
Happy to help with tips if you're interested. here or PM me.

Cheers,

Pim
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I wondered how long it would be before the first 'setup' post came in. Wink

Nice system btw.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Yes, I knew I was probably letting myself in for a torrent of set-up advice :-) Unfortunately I am not blessed with the most ideal room but I do move the speakers out when I am listening. Thank you Pim for the advice but there isn't much I can do. But I do still enjoy the music. Please, no set-up advice. I am quite knowledgeable on that side of thing's. Thank you for the likes on the system though. 8 years in the making.
I'm sorry.  Sad I just HAD to. Sad
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(28-Nov-2016, 20:11)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I'm sorry.  Sad I just HAD to. Sad

I know, I did expect it  Wink
(29-Nov-2016, 02:06)GOONERGAZZA Wrote:
(28-Nov-2016, 20:11)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I'm sorry.  Sad I just HAD to. Sad

I know, I did expect it  Wink

Mate, I had the same system for over 20 years: Denon amp and B&W DM14 speakers. I always just wacked them in a corner and pointed them towards the center a bit. It wasn't until I read GBS that my ears opened up and I learned all those years I had a pretty good system (although nothing fancy) but never used it to its full potential. And all that time I thought I had to buy better kit.... Of course it's even better now but the main improvement was when I learned about setup.

Hoping one day to see pictures here of your dedicated listening room Tongue

Cheers,

Pim
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.