Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
master / slave digital cable for 440Pro
I can hear the difference.
Of course that is probably incorporate the synergy of the 2 cables, not in a disintegrated way. Can hear some slight differences when in front of the left and right speakers.

I use Acrolink 7n-da2090 for my AES to master and a modified DH Lab 110 RCA-AES to slave.
The Acrolink cable is neutral and focus whereas the DH Lab is with a tinge of warm and slightly diffused.
It seems marry well in a good way.

Right now I have the Acrolink cable for my slave as well. Waiting for my slave (actually also a master) from the Pro upgrade.

I am not sure if other users feel the same. Hoping to hear some feedback.
440 Pro, Acrolink 7N-DA2090 Digital cable, Plixir Elite BAC 3000 Power Conditioner, Plixir The Statement Balanced Power Cord
Rega RP10, Melco N1-S38, Melco S100 Audiophile Dataswitch, ADOT MC01, Diva Audio & 7N-4030 Leggenda Power Cords, Plixir BDC LPS, Habst Ultra III USB cable, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Acrolink 7N-DA2090 AES/EBU cable, Mutec REF 10, Habst Digital BNC cable
Vivid Giya G4, Acrolink 7N-S1400 Leggenda Speaker cables
PSI AVAA C20 Active Bass Trap
bFly-audio Master, Cube, b.Disc Absorbers
Artnovion Andrea Absorbers
(16-Dec-2016, 17:18)Antoine Wrote: Nobody was discussing USB here... Smile

The Diamond is still the TOTL cable for different product lines like USB, ethernet and HDMI cables. Wild and WEL are available in the digital Coax and AES/EBU categories for example.

Yes I got mixed up myself.   Confused
Quite some time has passed - and I am just evaluating cable between Master & Slave how much of a difference there is between Diamond RCA-RCA, Wild RCA-RCA or Wel Signature RCA-RCA. Has anyone experience with them in their setup?
(14-Dec-2023, 17:58)markush Wrote: Quite some time has passed - and I am just evaluating cable between Master & Slave how much of a difference there is between Diamond RCA-RCA, Wild RCA-RCA or Wel Signature RCA-RCA. Has anyone experience with them in their setup?

The RCA-RCA cable is used for digital signal (data transfer: audio file and commands between master and companion), not for analog signal, so it has no relevance as long as the cable is not defective.
In fact, even the RCA-RCA cable must be of the digital type and no analogue RCA-RCA cable must be used.
(14-Dec-2023, 17:58)markush Wrote: Quite some time has passed - and I am just evaluating cable between Master & Slave how much of a difference there is between Diamond RCA-RCA, Wild RCA-RCA or Wel Signature RCA-RCA. Has anyone experience with them in their setup?

With my 440-Pro, I've always preferred RCA -> AES. 

I've used AQ Diamond, then moved to AQ Wild and now with WEL Sig. The difference as you move UP is subtly a healthy increment. As more silver content increases, the sound gets more analog, warmer and intimate. Noise levels drop and the background keeps getting darker and more black. Soundstage gets bigger, dynamics expand and you definitely get a feeling that you're listening to a more matured and a very well groomed cable. 

Warning: It is addictive so it's difficult to go back.
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
Thank you very much for your insightful feedback!
It’s actually funny to read as I have been going through the exact same choice Smile
I was using an AQ Carbon and thought now about going for an AQ Diamond or WEL Signature.
So with your blessing I am going to decide for the WEL Signature Smile)

@daniel: don’t you think better shielding etc will provide better results. Also even though digital, there is no data correction like Paket loss correction in TCP/IP ?

Btw: for the link cable (which I actually don’t need as I have no inputs months companion but I think lower temperature and less stress might yield sound quality improvements) I decided for the AQ Yosemite
(15-Dec-2023, 20:19)markush Wrote: Thank you very much for your insightful feedback!
It’s actually funny to read as I have been going through the exact same choice Smile
I was using an AQ Carbon and thought now about going for an AQ Diamond or WEL Signature.
So with your blessing I am going to decide for the WEL Signature Smile)

@daniel: don’t you think better shielding etc will provide better results. Also even though digital, there is no data correction like Paket loss correction in TCP/IP ?

Btw: for the link cable (which I actually don’t need as I have no inputs months companion but I think lower temperature and less stress might yield sound quality improvements) I decided for the AQ Yosemite

Since you are moving to WEL Signature, be sure to try the ground lift on the XLR side as well. I use WEL Signature XLR, and use a Cardas XLR-RCA plug on the one end, and then a XLR ground lift plug on the XLR side. The ground lift allows the sound stage to be a lot bigger and a lot more airy, try it!
Interesting discussion. Never tried anything above RCA/AES AQ Diamond as the link between master and companion, but just wondering: if it makes a (big) difference in sound quality to upgrade this cable, why stick to the AQ line up?

I used to use AQ Diamond from Source (Aurender N10) to Devialet, but upgraded that cable to a Kharma Enigma Signature AES-EBU cable and sound quality improved quite drastically. More than the wild and Wel Signature did. Which would make you think that other brands might actually improve sound quality even more when used in between master and companion. Especially at in the price range up to Well Signature level. Just a thought…
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(21-Dec-2023, 07:44)ray1234 Wrote: The ground lift allows the sound stage to be a lot bigger and a lot more airy, try it!

Indeed! More open sounding, airy, much bigger soundstage ... 

I had my WEL Sig custom-built by AQ with RCA jack on (Master Send side) and a XLR jack on (Companion Receive side).
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
+1 for ground lifting the XLR side. The soundstage, smoothness and detail improve significantly.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC