Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new MacBook USB-C and Air ethernet
I just got a new MacBook Pro which has only  thunderbolt3/USB-C outputs and tried to use AIR 3.0.1 via a USB-C ethernet dongle and it is not connecting. My ancient MacBook Pro (AIR 2...) works great with the same configuration. 
A USB-C to USB-B  connection works (not AIR). I have not  tried AIR  via wifi yet but ethernet worked for me before best.
Did anyone make AIR via an USB-C ethernet adapter work?
I'm also using the new pro, but streaming using AIR to the network. The Devialet is connected over ethernet to my router.
Sad 
(30-Dec-2016, 15:25)Xander Wrote: I'm also using the new pro, but streaming using AIR to the network. The Devialet is connected over ethernet to my router.

That what customer care recommended except I do not have a wired network. But they recommended to use USB instead of AIR
"The USB is totally the best:

- simple
- stable
- not blocked by any security or protocol "
I have the impression that the USB input of the Pro is significantly better than before the upgrade but there are no "audiophile" USB-C cables and these dongles look pretty flimsy. Presently I [font=\Lucida Sans Unicode\, \Lucida Grande\, Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif]have[/font] only a cheap USB-C printer cable.[Image: sad.gif]