Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet and USB cables
Another option is buy the aqvox power supply. It has an adapter to provide 5v at devialet.
(25-Mar-2015, 21:00)IanG-UK Wrote:
(25-Mar-2015, 17:53)samurai7595 Wrote: I emailed Devialet and got back the following reply:
We are not sure about if you need the 5V power or not with the USB, but I seem to recall a customer who did the test and indeed needed the 5V.   I think you should contact your dealer in order to see if they have more information on the subject, and also do the test with and without the 5V usb device.

Are Devialet saying that they do not know whether their own USB needs the 5V power supply? Surely not!

It is unbelievable that Devialet gives such statement! Who should know better that the company that made the product?

Funny enough, they are expecting the local dealer to know better!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(26-Mar-2015, 11:09)amabrok Wrote: It is unbelievable that Devialet gives such statement! Who should know better that the company that made the product? 

Funny enough, they are expecting the local dealer to know better!!!

C'est extraordinaire!  Tongue

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(25-Mar-2015, 17:53)samurai7595 Wrote:
(25-Mar-2015, 14:41)amabrok Wrote:
(25-Mar-2015, 12:25)samurai7595 Wrote: I was doing some research concerning USB cables and came across the following from a company called AntiCables.  This US-based company supposedly makes high-quality cables but without the high price (I've never tried their cables).

Regarding their USB cable, they posted the following information:
Since the majority of high performance DACs run from their own power supply, and since the computer's noisy power supply is so destructive to good sound, it was an easy decision to make a product that does not fit the USB standard in the name of music. This AntiCable USB cord is totally absent of the 5 volt wire that runs from end to end. The computer's power supply noise stays in the computer. Only the data pair exist. Because of this, any USB DAC that does not have its own power supply will not work.  There also may be powered DACs in which the designer decided to use the USB 5 volt power to run their USB chipset, and if that is the case, this cord is not compatible. For these customers we will make an identical USB cord that has the 5 volt wire included (select this option above), but the wire will not be married in with the data pair. Instead the 5 volt wire will hang loose and away where it will do as little damage as possible. This way, if the user moves into a different DAC which does not need the computer's power, the 5 volt wire can very easily be cut off.

What I'd like to know is, does the Aurender X100L need the 5 Volt power when connecting to a Devialet 200?

I emailed Devialet and got back the following reply:
We are not sure about if you need the 5V power or not with the USB, but I seem to recall a customer who did the test and indeed needed the 5V.   I think you should contact your dealer in order to see if they have more information on the subject, and also do the test with and without the 5V usb device.

I also email Aurender and below was their reply.
USB power noise can effect the sound quality, but it depends on how a DAC is made. Also, if a DAC does not support USB connection without power, it won’t work at all. So, you need to check if your DAC can work without the power. In case it works, you can use that special cable, or actually, we have a feature not to supply power to the Audio USB port, but to set this up, you need to ask us. For your information, I think you might have misunderstood about the power supplying. It’s the Aurender which supply power to USB ports. I hope this helps you to understand Aurender.
(26-Mar-2015, 11:46)samurai7595 Wrote:
(25-Mar-2015, 17:53)samurai7595 Wrote:
(25-Mar-2015, 14:41)amabrok Wrote:
(25-Mar-2015, 12:25)samurai7595 Wrote: I was doing some research concerning USB cables and came across the following from a company called AntiCables.  This US-based company supposedly makes high-quality cables but without the high price (I've never tried their cables).

Regarding their USB cable, they posted the following information:
Since the majority of high performance DACs run from their own power supply, and since the computer's noisy power supply is so destructive to good sound, it was an easy decision to make a product that does not fit the USB standard in the name of music. This AntiCable USB cord is totally absent of the 5 volt wire that runs from end to end. The computer's power supply noise stays in the computer. Only the data pair exist. Because of this, any USB DAC that does not have its own power supply will not work.  There also may be powered DACs in which the designer decided to use the USB 5 volt power to run their USB chipset, and if that is the case, this cord is not compatible. For these customers we will make an identical USB cord that has the 5 volt wire included (select this option above), but the wire will not be married in with the data pair. Instead the 5 volt wire will hang loose and away where it will do as little damage as possible. This way, if the user moves into a different DAC which does not need the computer's power, the 5 volt wire can very easily be cut off.

What I'd like to know is, does the Aurender X100L need the 5 Volt power when connecting to a Devialet 200?

I emailed Devialet and got back the following reply:

I also email Aurender and below was their reply.
USB power noise can effect the sound quality, but it depends on how a DAC is made. Also, if a DAC does not support USB connection without power, it won’t work at all. So, you need to check if your DAC can work without the power. In case it works, you can use that special cable, or actually, we have a feature not to supply power to the Audio USB port, but to set this up, you need to ask us. For your information, I think you might have misunderstood about the power supplying. It’s the Aurender which supply power to USB ports. I hope this helps you to understand Aurender.

Good to know that there is an option to turn off power on Aurender USB out .

Now I need to call my "local dealer" to see if Devialet USB will work without the power wire!!!!! Smile)))))

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
(26-Mar-2015, 12:15)amabrok Wrote: Good to know that there is an option to turn off power on Aurender USB out .

Now I need to call my "local dealer" to see if Devialet USB will work without the power wire!!!!!  Smile)))))

That should not be necessary. In this thread the subject of USB bus power is discussed:   http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=438
It is interesting to note that Antoine found the Devialet needs the USB power ground connected to work. Ground is often where the noise is transferred so to eliminate this the best solution is probably a device that isolates the USB input completely. I believe the UpTone Regen device will do this http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f10-mu...post397482 To find out more about the Regen you'll have read a bit on the CA forum.
Alternatively low noise from the streamer USB port will also do the trick. I am quite sure Aurender and other high quality devices have very good control with the noise on their USB outputs.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(26-Mar-2015, 12:31)ogs Wrote:
(26-Mar-2015, 12:15)amabrok Wrote: Good to know that there is an option to turn off power on Aurender USB out .

Now I need to call my "local dealer" to see if Devialet USB will work without the power wire!!!!!  Smile)))))

That should not be necessary. In this thread the subject of USB bus power is discussed:   http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=438

I think Devialet need to spend more time on this forum, they might learn a thing or two.  Wink

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(26-Mar-2015, 12:45)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(26-Mar-2015, 12:31)ogs Wrote:

I think Devialet need to spend more time on this forum, they might learn a thing or two.  Wink

Guillaume

Sure thing. The collective knowledge within this forum seems to surpass that of the support team of Devialet.

Dubai, UAE
(26-Mar-2015, 13:19)amabrok Wrote: Sure thing. The collective knowledge within this forum seems to surpass that of the support team of Devialet.

Of that there is absolutely no doubt!
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(12-Mar-2015, 22:49)Petter Wrote: Any experience with Paul Pang Audio USB cables on this forum ?

As i can see they get excellent reviews everywhere

http://www.hifidelit.com/collections/all

I have the Paul Pang and love it.  Upgraded from a Wireworld Starlight.  I must admit that I haven't done much comparisons to other USB cables.
Raidho D2
(2) REL 528s
Devialet 400 Air Ethernet
Roon Nucleus w custom power supply
QNAP NAS
PS Audio P3 Powerplant and Powerbase
Furutech GTX_D Outlet on dedicated line
JPS Labs Kaptovators to the wall