Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Devialet predictions for 2016 (The Devialet Almanac 2016)
(01-Apr-2016, 17:30)IanG-UK Wrote: I'll withdraw my previous predictions and replace with DEVIALET HEADPHONES - active and digitally fed

1 It's a big and still growing market

2 Particularly for to 12 - 25 year olds who can then be hooked into Phantom or Mini Phantom

3 It exploits Devialet's existing expertise acquired through Phantom and ADH/SAM

4 They are clearly into miniaturising ADH for phones and cars and TVs (probably on an OEM basis) and this is an example of that within the Devialet brand

5 Whilst branding of headphones has strengthened over the past few years, there have been few technical developments, maybe electrostatic of 4 decades ago and sound cancellation more recently, neither particularly successful - so this will be novel

6 Devialet's tie up with Apple and their less observable links with Tesla give them routes into miniaturised rechargeable battery sourcing

7 A battery powered active headphone might preserve the play time of phones if such phones are just giving digital wireless feeds

8 Presumably Devialet can use SPARK and an attraction could be to use it from your phone for your headphones or for your Phantom

9 It warrants them getting all their Premier dealers together as this will create a novel and major selling opportunity

10 I can't see the announcement in late April being an Expert Mk 2 or 3 as they have just committed £0.5m capital to the OdA (which they would not have otherwise done); nor a big active loudspeaker as there is no volume market; the source market is all over the place and Devialet seem to be in to multiple feed options; but maybe we will also see Dialog working with Phantom and Expert.

I think this is an excellent prediction and makes great business sense to me. This makes the Devialet brand ubiquitous and gets the younger generation hooked. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet predictions for 2016 (The Devialet Almanac 2016) - by GuillaumeB - 01-Apr-2016, 17:35